PDA

View Full Version : Huck..... "i don't appreciate being called a RINO"

trey4sports
11-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Huck was saying that hes been called a rino because hes not libertarian enough :)

Guess he got the message

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't give a huck what he likes because he is a hucking RINO.

Chester Copperpot
11-06-2010, 08:40 AM
did he call all libertarians soulless?

Brett85
11-06-2010, 08:41 AM
did he call all libertarians soulless?

No, he never said that in the show. I don't know where that came from.

pcosmar
11-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Then he should shut up and go away. Or stop reading and listening to what people think of him.
;)
:cool:

Cowlesy
11-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry, Huck, but your ultra-liberal foreign policy is a non-starter with traditional conservatives and plenty of libertarians.

Theocrat
11-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Well, Mr. Huckabee, if you don't like being called a "RINO," then stop acting like one.

trey4sports
11-06-2010, 08:47 AM
He was really backtracking on pot. Saying the govt shouldn't be wasting resources on pot users. Still wouldn't legalize it

james1906
11-06-2010, 08:59 AM
OJ Simpson.. "I don't appreciate being called a murderer"

erowe1
11-06-2010, 09:01 AM

He's been saying it for a long time.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/05/huckabee-contra-libertarianism.html

erowe1
11-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Huckabee's not a RINO. He's a true-blue Republican. People who think government is too big are the ones who are Republican in name only.

Matt Collins
11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Stop acting like one, and people might stop calling you one! :-)

not sayin', just sayin'

HOLLYWOOD
11-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Simply "WOW" Huckabee lied right on the Judge's show.

Huckabee contra libertarianism

"Republicans need to be Republicans. The greatest threat to classic Republicanism is not liberalism; it's this new brand of libertarianism, which is social liberalism and economic conservatism, but it's a heartless, callous, soulless type of economic conservatism because it says "look, we want to cut taxes and eliminate government. If it means that elderly people don't get their Medicare drugs, so be it. If it means little kids go without education and healthcare, so be it." Well, that might be a quote pure economic conservative message, but it's not an American message. It doesn't fly. People aren't going to buy that, because that's not the way we are as a people. That's not historic Republicanism. Historic Republicanism does not hate government; it's just there to be as little of it as there can be. But they also recognize that government has to be paid for."

Read more: [/URL][URL]http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/05/huckabee-contra-libertarianism.html#ixzz14W0nilaD (http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/05/huckabee-contra-libertarianism.html#ixzz14W0nilaD)

james1906
11-06-2010, 09:18 AM

"Republicans need to be Republicans. The greatest threat to classic Republicanism is not liberalism; it's this new brand of libertarianism, which is social liberalism and economic conservatism, but it's a heartless, callous, soulless type of economic conservatism because it says "look, we want to cut taxes and eliminate government. If it means that elderly people don't get their Medicare drugs, so be it. If it means little kids go without education and healthcare, so be it." Well, that might be a quote pure economic conservative message, but it's not an American message. It doesn't fly. People aren't going to buy that, because that's not the way we are as a people. That's not historic Republicanism. Historic Republicanism does not hate government; it's just there to be as little of it as there can be. But they also recognize that government has to be paid for."

Read more: [/URL][URL]http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/05/huckabee-contra-libertarianism.html#ixzz14W0nilaD (http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/05/huckabee-contra-libertarianism.html#ixzz14W0nilaD)

So we're trying to resurrect "compassionate conservatism?"

Dripping Rain
11-06-2010, 09:21 AM
lol
Huck is cool. Hes just a little misguided. The only politician other than Ron Paul & RPR's who I may support. I said may not will
I hope he changes on FP & tones down his theocratic views

marc1888
11-06-2010, 09:23 AM
I have no problem with Huck. Dont get me wrong i dont like his politics at all. He however has been consistent. The ones who annoy me are the ones who hate us but have hijacked the vocabulary and call themselves Libertarian. When people like Palin, Beck, Bachmann can pass themselves off as Libertarians then we really need to give ourselves a shake. In my state we had fervent war hawk neocons scoring highly in the Campaign for Liberty questionnaire.

Dripping Rain
11-06-2010, 09:26 AM
I have no problem with Huck. Dont get me wrong i dont like his politics at all. He however has been consistent. The ones who annoy me are the ones who hate us but have hijacked the vocabulary and call themselves Libertarian. When people like Palin, Beck, Bachmann can pass themselves off as Libertarians then we really need to give ourselves a shake. In my state we had fervent war hawk neocons scoring highly in the Campaign for Liberty questionnaire.

Amen!
The Huck is also likeable and funny if it wasnt for his foreign affairs and CFR relations.
Helping Rand Paul really made me see the Huck although sometimes ignorant can be a man of principle

erowe1
11-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Amen!
The Huck is also likeable and funny if it wasnt for his foreign affairs and CFR relations.
Helping Rand Paul really made me see the Huck although sometimes ignorant can be a man of principle

It's not just foreign policy. In fact, he'd probably have been less bad on that than Romney or McCain would have been. It's also his devotion to leftist views on foreign policy. He was by far the most liberal Republican running for president in 2008.

georgiaboy
11-06-2010, 09:41 AM
If it means that elderly people don't get their Medicare drugs, so be it. If it means little kids go without education and healthcare, so be it."

Spoken like a true Dixiecrat.

That right there steams my brain to no end. As if ending these federal programs would lead to this result -- AAGGHHH!!!

I'm sorry, but Huckabee is slick-tongued, talking about 'right-sizing' gov't & such, when under his watch it would grow for sure. He's charming, but as a politician, I don't trust him with one cent of my money, and his "I'll lead the terrorists right to the gates of Hell" or somesuch was ghastly, esp. from one who so boldly wears his Christianity on his sleeve.

I'd never vote for him.

And yes, Mr. Mike Huckabee, you are a RINO. Spend some time with Goldwater, Taft, etc., to see why.

marc1888
11-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Amen!

Some friends of mine got really upset by Rand Paul's senate run. That didnt bother me at all. I would rather have principled elected officials than principled candidates who lose. Now if Rand Paul doesnt become his fathers son i would be dissapointed ;) Huck is a pastor and what a neocon is supposed to be. He is a social conservative that doesnt mind stealing your taxes to spend it on things he believes in. He will never find a war he didnt like as long as his team is the one doing it. He is consistent. The difference between him and people like Bachmann and Palin is he is a lot more honest. Their is nothing Libertarian (even small L)about any of them. In fact folks like Alan Grayson are probably closer to all of us on the issues than they are but no one would ever call him a Libertarian either ;)

What the Liberty movement needs is to be cognizant of is that we have went from being the crazies on the fringe laughed at by the neocons and mainstream to electing candidates and influencing things. They will try to hijack and control us and praise us to the high heavens. They will usurp and try to buy us off and then when they suck the lifeblood out of us they will throw us to the side. 2012 is going to be a very interesting year in the liberty movement. If Ron Paul runs it will give the momentum nationwide to really build on the work done in 2008. That is of course we can stop it getting diluted by the Tea-o-cons and Beckistani types...

HOLLYWOOD
11-06-2010, 10:00 AM
So we're trying to resurrect "compassionate conservatism?"

Do you mean Huckabee using religion to financial his political campaign? Because that's the crusade that Huckabee conducted in his Compassionated Presidential run in 2008. But the scummiest of all his political antics was using Kenneth Copeland and his TV Televangelist Ministries swindling for cash through a 503... Using his Gulfstream 550 to campaign across the country, etc etc.

Record speaks for itself, Huckabee increased taxes a bunch of times in Arkansas, oh he cut a few to give the impression of a Tax Cut politician , so he had those data talking point for the future, but overall, he increased taxes and government growth/size/costs.

Huckabee should be the one to fear, his continued crusading with a Cross and Sword rapped in a the flag of a typical Sliver-Tongued Devil preaching morality.

johnrocks
11-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Meh, the social/neo cons control the GOP and until that changes, sadly, we're (those of us who are Republicans)the RINO's not people like him.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
ok everyone. he asked nicely not to be called a RINO anymore.

we'll have to find a more appropriate name.

how about . . . . . fucking piece of shit liar.

Stary Hickory
11-06-2010, 11:10 AM

So what bonehead posted that on the forums here?

erowe1
11-06-2010, 11:17 AM
So what bonehead posted that on the forums here?

I assumed it was a response to his saying it in the past.

LisaNY
11-06-2010, 11:24 AM

It came from Judge Napolitano's facebook post:

http://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano

Theocrat
11-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Mike Huckabee had this to say of libertarians in an interview (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/will-mari/huckabee-on-the-next-repu_b_103556.html) in May 2008:

What can the party do to reverse course?

Republicans need to be Republicans. The greatest threat to classic Republicanism is not liberalism; it's this new brand of libertarianism, which is social liberalism and economic conservatism, but it's a heartless, callous, soulless type of economic conservatism because it says "look, we want to cut taxes and eliminate government. If it means that elderly people don't get their Medicare drugs, so be it. If it means little kids go without education and healthcare, so be it." Well, that might be a quote pure economic conservative message, but it's not an American message. It doesn't fly. People aren't going to buy that, because that's not the way we are as a people. That's not historic Republicanism. Historic Republicanism does not hate government; it's just there to be as little of it as there can be. But they also recognize that government has to be paid for.

If you have a breakdown in the social structure of a community, it's going to result in a more costly government ... police on the streets, prison beds, court costs, alcohol abuse centers, domestic violence shelters, all are very expensive. What's the answer to that? Cut them out? Well, the libertarians say "yes, we shouldn't be funding that stuff." But what you've done then is exacerbate a serious problem in your community. You can take the cops off the streets and just quit funding prison beds. Are your neighborhoods safer? Is it a better place to live? The net result is you have now a bigger problem than you had before.

My experience in Arkansas was, a lot of the so-called conservatives said "Let's cut the budget." But they wanted to add prison sentences, they wanted to eliminate parole, they wanted to have harsher sentences for various crimes. And I said "OK, that's fine, but that's going to be expensive. So which do you want?" You can't have both, or you do what the federal government has done, and this is where I think Republicans have been especially irresponsible. Their approach has been [to] just kick the can down the road and let your grandkids pay for it.

So they run up huge deficits ... but they've pushed those costs down to the states, and the states have to eat it, because they have to balance their budgets, they don't get to print money or borrow. Or the federal government just runs up more deficits and let's the next couple of generations worry about paying for all this stuff.

Either way, it's irresponsible, and I think people in America are smarter than that and they know that's not the responsible way to approach governing.[Bold emphasis mine]

AlexMerced
11-06-2010, 11:39 AM
huckabee is probably more charachteristic of typicaly republican voter than we are, we represent the ones who think... which isn't the majority, let's be honest, the intellectuals on either side arn't the majority.

Tyr
11-06-2010, 11:46 AM
What are we to call you then, Huck? You're not a Conservative yet you refuse to join ranks with your fellow Liberals in the DNC.

AParadigmShift
11-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Huckabee's not a RINO. He's a true-blue Republican. People who think government is too big are the ones who are Republican in name only.

And there's some truth... :D

The ones who annoy me are the ones who hate us but have hijacked the vocabulary and call themselves Libertarian. When people like Palin, Beck, Bachmann can pass themselves off as Libertarians then we really need to give ourselves a shake. In my state we had fervent war hawk neocons scoring highly in the Campaign for Liberty questionnaire.

Well, if I am not mistaken, even the likes of Bill Maher consider themselves libertarian.

So, between the Palins and Mahers, you've got libertarian chickenhawk Bolsheviks, it is to laugh :p

Brett85
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Mike Huckabee had this to say of libertarians in an interview (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/will-mari/huckabee-on-the-next-repu_b_103556.html) in May 2008:
[Bold emphasis mine]

Yes, but it seems like he's become more libertarian since 2008, or at least more respectful of libertarians. He did get behind Joe Miller from the very beginning, and he campaigned for Rand.

osan
11-06-2010, 12:34 PM
lol
Huck is cool. Hes just a little misguided. The only politician other than Ron Paul & RPR's who I may support. I said may not will

Huckabee is a major dickhead.

Theocrat
11-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, but it seems like he's become more libertarian since 2008, or at least more respectful of libertarians. He did get behind Joe Miller from the very beginning, and he campaigned for Rand.

Let's hope so.

j6p
11-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Lets not forget RINO DeMint

Kregisen
11-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Huckabee is probably worse than even Romney in my opinion.....worst republican candidate for president in the nation. Don't forget he wants a FEDERAL smoking ban, which includes private property such as all restaurants and bars, so if you had a dream to open up a bar with smoking, to appeal to the smokers who can't go anywhere else, think again. Hugely unconstititonal.

ok everyone. he asked nicely not to be called a RINO anymore.

we'll have to find a more appropriate name.

how about . . . . . fucking piece of shit liar.

He's a FPOSL? Brilliant!

Imaginos
11-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Huck you, Huck!

james1906
11-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Huck will smile in front of Ron Paul then shit talk him behind his back, at least Mittens, Ghoul, and McInsane would laugh at Ron in front of his face.

american.swan
11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, if he thinks libertarianism is "heartless" for those stated reasons, he needs to get his head out of the sand and see what sort of "government" God set up for Israel before King Saul came along.

AGRP
11-06-2010, 01:46 PM
What a glorious statement.

Why are so many upset?

This is the equivalent of the wicked witch of the west screaming as she dies.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't give a huck what he likes because he is a hucking RINO.

Yup.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2010, 01:54 PM
lol

Read this, please and click on the link within.
http://blog.eagleforum.org/2007/10/phyllis-schlafly-on-huckabee.html

From what I saw during the 2008 election, many of his supporters are not all that far from what many of us believe. But, unfortunately they don't seem to see that Huckabee is really a big government Republican and not a limited government conservative at all. I do think, however, that most of them would be pretty turned off from what we are selling, when they see all the livid Christian-bashing that goes on with some of Paul's supporters. It's a shame that we shoot our own selves in the foot.

Note: DR, I'm trying to find that article, "Another Man from Hope", but it appears to be gone from the WSJ's server. Here is a bit of it in the meantime: http://www.freeconservatives.com/vb/showthread.php?52140-Another-Man-From-Hope-Who-is-Mike-Huckabee

AParadigmShift
11-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I do think, however, that most of them would be pretty turned off from what we are selling, when they see all the livid Christian-bashing that goes on with some of Paul's supporters. It's a shame that we shoot our own selves in the foot.

There's truth to that statement.

But, conversely, Bible-belters - the religious right, on the whole, would be more than content to use the coercive powers of the state to impose their will and morality upon the rest of us, both citizens of these United States and the world, generally.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2010, 02:04 PM
There's truth to that statement.

But, conversely, Bible-belters - the religious right, on the whole, would be more than content to use the coercive powers of the state to impose their will and morality upon the rest of us, both citizens of these United States and the world, generally.

Not all of them. Far from all of them. There are a number of Christians who support Ron Paul right now. But, we scare/run off many others by the hatred we display towards God. That alone will be enough of a reason for them to run away from this movement. All I'm saying is that if we truly want to give Ron Paul a chance if he decides to run again, perhaps we want to keep the conversation on politics and avoid the snarky side comments about Christians.

marc1888
11-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Bill Maher is not a libertarian. He said he agreed with Libertarians on the issue of decriminalization of marijuana. He clarified this year that he thinks libertarians are nuts. He also made a comment about Rand Paul which i took as a dig also at Ron Paul (who he always was pretty decent with) where slamming Rand he said the "Batshit doesnt fall far from the tree".

And there's some truth... :D

Well, if I am not mistaken, even the likes of Bill Maher consider themselves libertarian.

So, between the Palins and Mahers, you've got libertarian chickenhawk Bolsheviks, it is to laugh :p

Matt Collins
11-06-2010, 07:41 PM
YouTube - Huckabee Begs For New Taxes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4)
YouTube - Huckabee Caught Lying About His Tax Hikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYrGlfkvRV0)

Patrick Henry
11-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Not all of them. Far from all of them. There are a number of Christians who support Ron Paul right now. But, we scare/run off many others by the hatred we display towards God. That alone will be enough of a reason for them to run away from this movement. All I'm saying is that if we truly want to give Ron Paul a chance if he decides to run again, perhaps we want to keep the conversation on politics and avoid the snarky side comments about Christians.

I am one of them. :D

But I could care less what other folks say about God. Sure, it saddens me for them and is disparaging towards my Father and my beliefs, but that is their cross to bear, not mine.

I do agree however, that folks should at least try to "avoid the snarky side comments about Christians" to help give the good Dr. a chance because not everyone is as laid back as I am.