PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Gary Johnson tomorrow. Got questions?

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 07:48 PM
at UT. Anyone want me to ask him any questions? I think I'm going to ask him if he would endorse Ron Paul for president. Anyone here going?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Ask him if he would end farm subsidies that are still on the books from World War II. Then ask him if he would end all subsidies as they are inherently theft and distortion of market mechanisms. :p (I am just curious on this to see how he would answer)

I think getting rid of all the subsidies is one of the easier areas to target as you target others since it doesn't have a large voting bloc.

Bern
11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Ask him what he thinks about the Fed's QE2 announcement. I'm curious if he has any gravitas on economic issues.

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Sure. I'll ask him what his position is on subsidies. I'll use oil and farming subsidies as examples. I may follow up with questions relating to the effects of ending subsidies, and the effects it would have on the businesses that benefit from it, and then ask him how he feels about the effects of $5+ dollar gasoline, ect. I actually think removing farm subsidies would be a double benefit, with increased supply, lower food costs, and less loss of taxpayer money

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Ok. Hopefully I have enough time to ask him these questions. I have a voice recorder, I just need to find it (lol...) but either way, I should have the internet at UT, so I can pull this topic up and ask him your specific questions. I'll do my best to take notes

klamath
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Ask whether he will drop out before the NH primary if he and RP are running for president.

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I think I'm going to say something like, "RP is quoted as saying, 'he can't imagine endorsing anyone else' for president, referring to you. If you aren't able to win enough states to claim the republican nomination, is there anyone you would consider endorsing?"

Really slanted, yet really open-ended. Just how I like em ;)

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh Oh Oh. Just to piss off some people around here. Ask Gary if he had a choice in his preferred society what would he choose -- An Anarcho-Capitalist society, or a Federated State-society like the USA is currently with its Constitution. :p

low preference guy
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh Oh Oh. Just to piss off some people around here. Ask Gary if he had a choice in his preferred society what would he choose -- An Anarcho-Capitalist society, or a Federated State-society like the USA is currently with its Constitution. :p

DJLoti, please don't waste Gary's time

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 08:08 PM
LoL, actually, I think it could be an interesting question, but tomorrow wouldn't be the best time/place for me to ask that

Heimdallr
11-05-2010, 08:12 PM

What if his answer is a Magocracy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magocracy

klamath
11-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I think I'm going to say something like, "RP is quoted as saying, 'he can't imagine endorsing anyone else' for president, referring to you. If you aren't able to win enough states to claim the republican nomination, is there anyone you would consider endorsing?"

Really slanted, yet really open-ended. Just how I like em ;)

If he doesn't drop out BEFORE the NH primary his choices will be one of these, that will be far on the road to the nomination, Palin Newt, Huck or Rommy.

Michael Landon
11-05-2010, 08:17 PM
If you have the money, I would buy a copy of End the Fed and give it to him.

- ML

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 08:20 PM
If you have the money, I would buy a copy of End the Fed and give it to him.

- ML

I'm sure he has one already!! If he doesn't, he can buy one for himself!! I'm sure he's got more $$$ then I do!! =P ;)

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Maybe I'll ask him who he thinks the 'top tier' candidates will be, and I'll ask him what he'll do to help expand the image of the GOP

Brett
11-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Ask him if president he would sign the "Sanctity of Life Act" Ron Paul has proposed. I know Johnson is personally pro-choice, but wants it to be a state issue. the SoL Act would define life as starting at conception, but would also strip the Supreme Court of their jurisdiction over abortion. I'd like to know Gary Johnson's position on that.

Plus if he plans on winning the Republican nomination he's gotta be pro-life.

kkassam
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I want to know more about his immigration stance (http://ouramericainitiative.com/issues/immigration-policy.html), which, on the whole, seems bang-on.

What is illegal immigration so much worse than legal immigration?

Does he support a national ID card?

Why is it important to "Impose and enforce sanctions and fines for noncompliance with immigration laws by employers that are sufficiently costly, ensuring that the risks simply are not worth the rewards."?

That last one worries me a bit, Ron Paul has always said that putting mandates on employers is not the way to enforce immigration laws.

For a more fun question: "Who is your favorite president? Your least favorite?"

Also related to the Sanctity of Life question "How can you get socially conservative Republicans to get on board with your message?"

Knightskye
11-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I think I'm going to ask him if he would endorse Ron Paul for president.

Why would he run and endorse someone he's running against?

Theocrat
11-05-2010, 08:54 PM
at UT. Anyone want me to ask him any questions? I think I'm going to ask him if he would endorse Ron Paul for president. Anyone here going?

Gary, what's more important: smoking weed legally, or keeping unborn babies breathing?

Knightskye
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Gary, what's more important: smoking weed legally, or keeping unborn babies breathing?

Gary doesn't want your god raining fire and brimstone on San Francisco.

Tyr
11-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I want to know more about his immigration stance (http://ouramericainitiative.com/issues/immigration-policy.html), which, on the whole, seems bang-on.

What is illegal immigration so much worse than legal immigration?

Judging by the "undocumented immigrants" employed by his business, Big J LLC as well as their practice of favoring lesser qualified immigrants over qualified Americans I would wager to say he is in favor of open borders.

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Tell Gary to use hair Conditioner and comb his hair... he's been looking shabby lately.

Not for me, for the bullshyt MSM press and moronic viewers that judge character from it.

DjLoTi
11-05-2010, 11:08 PM
There's a liberty thing at UT by YAL going on tomorrow. Gary Johnson has said he is attending. I am not going to be rude or unreasonable to him. I am interested to hear what he has to say