PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: The Black Out is Over..... Doesnt Mean all Good News

ItsTime
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Think about it for a second. We will get our fair share of good press and our fair share of bad press. MSM has been thumping HARD on Mitt Rudy and Fred lately. They will thump on Paul hard as well. It comes with being top tier.

Hook
10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Think about it for a second. We will get our fair share of good press and our fair share of bad press. MSM has been thumping HARD on Mitt Rudy and Fred lately. They will thump on Paul hard as well. It comes with being top tier.

Not if they are afraid of having the email servers shut down for three days after each hit piece. :D

Eli
10-19-2007, 07:44 PM
The more they cover him the more supporters he gains in mass. The scary thing is, the more hit pieces they do the more supporters will be there to let them know how they feel about it. Something to consider, Ron Paul in the general election might just turn into an outright American riot. You don't just expose the massive fed, irs, and media lies openly like that and expect the millions of angry Americans to just blush over it.

RP4ME
10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Not if they are afraid of having the email servers shut down for three days after each hit piece. :D

HAHA Like your style!:D

NinjaPirate
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM

Lol, that is kinda funny, but at the same time we don't want to look like a pack of rabid dogs foaming at the mouth everytime a hit piece comes out. :p

Karsten
10-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think the black out is over. We have MORE stories about Ron Paul than before, but the media talks about Rudy, Thompson, and Guiliani 24/7.

ItsTime
10-19-2007, 08:10 PM
You must not have received the official campaign email saying the black out is over then.

I don't think the black out is over. We have MORE stories about Ron Paul than before, but the media talks about Rudy, Thompson, and Guiliani 24/7.

BillyDkid
10-19-2007, 08:17 PM
It isn't a matter of good press or bad press - it's a matter of honest press or dishonest press. When someone in the media deliberately misrepresents Dr. Paul's positions or his level of support - that is not bad press, it is yellow journalism. If a pundit comes on and says he disagrees with RP's positions - well that's fine. When they come on and specifically misrepresent Ron Paul's positions so he can portray in a particular light - that's not journalism. In general, the msm will put a positive spin in their coverage of candidates they approve of and marginalize those they don't approve of. The examples of this vast. When, say, the media portrays Huckabee as a serious candidate in spite of having a fraction of the support and money that Ron Paul has while portraying RP as an insignificant player - that is not "bad press". It is not even journalism. It is simply dishonesty. There is no such thing as a "fair share" of dishonest press.

me3
10-19-2007, 09:00 PM
These are some realities. The plan from the beginning has been

First they ignore you
Then the laugh at you
Then they attack you
Then you win

We can't afford to get bogged down, hysterically protesting every "hit piece". We need to focus on boots on the ground. Spreading the message offline. Becoming delegates. Making sure people show up to the polls. And of course fund raising.

There is only so much good another Ron Paul blog post is going to accomplish. We are approaching the win phase, I only wonder if we're talkers or doers in the final hour.

Johncjackson
10-19-2007, 09:07 PM
This is true, and also just because a piece isnt fawning over Paul doesn't mean it's a "'hit" piece. Also sometimes words are just words and have no extra meaning and if someone isn't a fan it doesn't mean they are a secret agent of an international conspiracy, and so on.

Corydoras
10-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Ron Paul in the general election might just turn into an outright American riot.

The Republicans don't seem to understand what they've got on their hands.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mOW_xPPYPFY

wgadget
10-19-2007, 09:30 PM
LOL. Well, Bill Bennett of Morning in America (radio show) does, because I sent him that video along with an article about Rudy being booed at Yankee Stadium. I titled it "A Tale of Two Candidates" and asked this former Education Secretary to compare and contrast.

NinjaPirate
10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
The Republicans don't seem to understand what they've got on their hands.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mOW_xPPYPFY

That was a good video!

mannycp
10-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm just waiting for Sundays debate (10.21.07)!!!!!!!!!!

robatsu
10-19-2007, 10:28 PM
The fuel & lifeblood of the RP campaign is attacks by others. The more RP is attacked, the more his campaign grows and become stronger. Basic guerrilla warfare dynamic.

RP has perfected this in several electoral battles. He is a genius commandante zero, has gotten himself elected 3 times as a non-incumbent to congress, an unheard of feat. His specialty is raising an guerilla army of diehards. He is proven in forming and leading such an army.

Anyhow, the more they fight, the stronger the movement grows. simple as that.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 10:34 PM
This whole thing is not for the faint of heart. If you are worried about attacks and ugliness, well, stick to the local school board, pta meetings (which are important..).

Corydoras
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
RP has perfected this in several electoral battles. He is a genius commandante zero, has gotten himself elected 3 times as a non-incumbent to congress, an unheard of feat. His specialty is raising an guerilla army of diehards. He is proven in forming and leading such an army.

The Party would love for him to be an idealistic Governor Moonbeam type, but they don't seem to understand that he actually knows what he's doing when he is campaigning. He actually IS a professional politician as well as a physician.

katao
10-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm just waiting for Sundays debate (10.21.07)!!!!!!!!!!

Not me - I am seriously worried about that debate. If we think Fox treated him harshly in the past, now that RP is getting traction and proof of support, I think they're gonna bring out the big guns. Ya know, BS like 'So you support legalizing Crack Cocaine - you're ok with that being sold to kids in school'?

Grandson of Liberty
10-19-2007, 11:48 PM
This whole thing is not for the faint of heart. If you are worried about attacks and ugliness, well, stick to the local school board, pta meetings (which are important..).

Exactly. . .I think it's time we all start getting a very thick skin. We're gonna need it. :cool: