PDA

View Full Version : New Article on Justin Amash

George Dance
11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I just finished writing an article on Justin Amash. As I didn't know him, it turns out to be something of an introductory article. Anyone here who wants to use it to promote him is welcome to do so.

Justin Amash electd to Congress
http://www.nolanchart.com/article8105.html

CurranH
11-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Good article. A couple things:

"On October 19, Miles released a second list of 50 local Republicans who were backing him, including Gerald Ford's brother, Dick, and four-term state representative Vic Krause. Speaking at a press conference for Miles, Krause stated that, "Extreme partisanship is permeating Congress and electing right wing conservative Republicans and left wing liberal Democrats in November is only going to make matters worse." (13)"

That is false. It turns out that Dick Ford was not supporting Miles. He supported Justin.

"On Sep. 20, Miles released a list of over 50 Republicans who were endorsing him. The Grand Rapids Press opined: "The campaign of Miles, a Grand Rapids resident, is hoping the endorsements will position him as a centrist while labeling Amash, of Cascade Township, as a conservative ideologue who would lack influence in Washington if elected." The list included three former King County GOP chairmen. (12)"

Kent County, not King

Also, these press releases were smoke and mirrors, and hardly even deserve a footnote. Polling shows that more Democrats were supporting Justin than Republicans supporting Miles. The media blew these releases way of proportion.

George Dance
11-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Good article. A couple things:

It turns out that Dick Ford was not supporting Miles. He supported Justin.

Kent County, not King

Thanks, Curran. I made the switch to Kent right away. I'll put in the correct Dick Ford info as soon as I find a cite. (I've found a couple in comments sections, but no articles as yet.)

Also, these press releases were smoke and mirrors, and hardly even deserve a footnote. Polling shows that more Democrats were supporting Justin than Republicans supporting Miles. The media blew these releases way of proportion.

One interesting blog reaction I didn't use was a prediction that they'd energise Justin's base and increase his margin of victory. It could've happened.