PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: Bret Baier 12 in 2012 excludes Ron Paul

thehighwaymanq
11-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Special Report with Bret Baier is launching a 12-day series on the topic called “12 in ‘12″ that each day will feature a profile of one of 12 Republicans who may launch presidential bids for the 2012 race. Exclusive interviews with 11 of the 12 candidates are planned for the profiles, which begin Thursday evening.

Those candidates includes: Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, South Dakota Sen. John Thune, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

But the best part of the whole series is:
A thirteenth story is also planned with long-shots such as former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, and others like Donald Trump.”

Hmmm. "Long-shot"

Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41% (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41)

CNN/Opinion Research Corp Poll shows Ron Paul 5th place (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/11/04/poll.2012.candidates/)

Here's the first part:

Clip 1: Mitch Daniels (Indiana Governor) (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/index.html#/v/4404595/12-in-2012-mitch-daniels/?playlist_id=86927)

Kotin
11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I knew he would..

what a douchebag.

Kregisen
11-05-2010, 03:36 PM
WTF........how long can they get away with this for?

This is beyond ridiculous. They could get away with it in 2008, but still? Wtf? It's not like he won CPAC or anything, and is getting top 5 in every national poll.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I have noticed over time that a lot of folks in these parts have been suckered into believing certain elements of our media is on our side. I have noticed that some people seem to think that certain talking heads are considered friendly and a lot of the folks who believe this are the relative newcomers.

To those of you who think Ron Paul will get a fair shake than please do yourself a favor and go youtube some of Ron Paul's media appearances or research how Ron Paul was blackballed throughout the entire campaign. You will very quickly see how he was treated, how we were treated and how we can expect to be treated again.

I was around to witness all of this and personally felt the absolute rage and that rage drove me to work harder and dream larger. So to the newcomers who do not know and the old timers who have forgotten than please allow me to remind you of something:

"Libertarian" and "liberty" may be the words du jour in the media but their ideas of "Libertarian" and "liberty" are so perverted that they would not even be recognizable to us. Their understanding of true conservatism is also a bastardized version and bears no resemblence to what we would consider "conservative". The media knows what they are doing and they do not care because these people HATE Ron Paul and they DESPISE you.

Our media is owned by government and corporate interests and thus Ron Paul will ALWAYS be blackballed, ridiculed, picked on and slammed at any given opportunity. They will tell you that he is a long shot or that he has no chance in hell or that he is a moonbat and the list goes on and on and on. So DO NOT TRUST OR RELY UPON THE MEDIA FOR ANYTHING. They have been our enemy, they are our enemy and they will remain our enemy until the day we can finally say that we have truly won.

Jeffersonian2012
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
The 2008 campaign taught me never to believe the media because they are so biased. This doesn't surprise me at all. We will just have to work harder.

randolphfuller
11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
people outside the South don't say sir and ma'am.

Icymudpuppy
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
people outside the South don't say sir and ma'am.

You should travel more. People in rural communities still do all over the country. I can't speak for urban places as I try to avoid them.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Isn't it Bret Baier that has the show that is stacked with neoconservative mouthpieces? I think it is.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
And it starts...again.

SimpleName
11-06-2010, 01:20 AM
geez...this is starting to get very strange, especially after they talked about Rand Paul nonstop on Baier's show over the last few months. What is it about Ron that they hate so much?

Agorism
11-06-2010, 02:28 AM
I hope Rand goes to CPAC.

He might help pull in a few undecided people to vote for Ron.

JohnEngland
11-06-2010, 03:49 AM
geez...this is starting to get very strange, especially after they talked about Rand Paul nonstop on Baier's show over the last few months. What is it about Ron that they hate so much?

To be honest, I don't think they hate Ron. I think they just think that he really IS a long-shot. Factors like being a congressman, in his 70s etc. play against him, unfortunately.

But it doesn't matter. The people in the media are entitled to their opinions. However, we know that they don't always get their way - as this election season showed!

Besides, we know the list is silly anyway - Gov Christie has said OVER AND OVER that he has no desire to run for president, yet he's still on the list!

socialvirus
11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
You should travel more. People in rural communities still do all over the country. I can't speak for urban places as I try to avoid them.

I'm in a very urban area, and I can personally attest to many individuals at least 20-30 times a day using "sir" or "ma'am." It's just more classy to say in a business or professional setting. Not really sure how this connects in w/ Ron Paul's 2012 run, but I hope he can run. If you think about it, the fall of the dollar is not necessarily a bad thing, because if it does The liberty movement will have a golden opportunity to attack the Keynesian economists, and progressives/globalists/neo cons for their failed policies and then we could get our country back, and not end up an Argentina style collapse. It'd be much better if we could just have a depression and not collapse/currency crisis but it may take that to wake up the sleeping giant.

Anyway you look at it, Liberty is on the march!!

MelissaCato
11-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I like Bret Baier and Special Report, he's quick and to the point, alot of info in an hour. But ya, he pissed me off not mentioning Ron Paul.

We all know the MSM is anti Ron Paul Revolution. All of them except the Judge with Freedom Watch and even he says "inalienable" rights all the time. Why I dunno. That pisses me off too.

What's a peep to do ? :cool:

Ron Paul 2012 !!! :D:D:D

Imaginos
11-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Nothing new here.
MSM works for the Establishment.
That is sad but true.

JackieDan
11-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Obviously, it's pretty clear that the candidates listed on the FOX report might run. I had always hoped Ron Paul for not clearly saying "We will see", but rather "I might". Ron Paul has always expressed uncertainty to be a candidate for sure. And we should respect him for that. He's an old man after all.

I hope he will run though. Remember the momentum in '08? Imagine this time around! I saw the whole event from my computer at home and I wish I could experience it again.

james1906
11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
The word 'quixotic' will again be thrown around.

Dripping Rain
11-07-2010, 06:27 PM
The word 'quixotic' will again be thrown around.

add eccentric to the long list of words

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM
what a neo-conservative douchebag.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

To be honest, I don't think they hate Ron. I think they just think that he really IS a long-shot.
Besides, we know the list is silly anyway - Gov Christie has said OVER AND OVER that he has no desire to run for president, yet he's still on the list!

War-mongers don't like Ron's foreign policy, it's pretty simple. But yes, they also believe he's a long-shot for President.

As for Christie, when both the left and right leaning mainstream media are pushing a candidate, you know something's up.

seeker4sho
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I have noticed over time that a lot of folks in these parts have been suckered into believing certain elements of our media is on our side. I have noticed that some people seem to think that certain talking heads are considered friendly and a lot of the folks who believe this are the relative newcomers.

To those of you who think Ron Paul will get a fair shake than please do yourself a favor and go youtube some of Ron Paul's media appearances or research how Ron Paul was blackballed throughout the entire campaign. You will very quickly see how he was treated, how we were treated and how we can expect to be treated again.

I was around to witness all of this and personally felt the absolute rage and that rage drove me to work harder and dream larger. So to the newcomers who do not know and the old timers who have forgotten than please allow me to remind you of something:

"Libertarian" and "liberty" may be the words du jour in the media but their ideas of "Libertarian" and "liberty" are so perverted that they would not even be recognizable to us. Their understanding of true conservatism is also a bastardized version and bears no resemblence to what we would consider "conservative". The media knows what they are doing and they do not care because these people HATE Ron Paul and they DESPISE you.

Our media is owned by government and corporate interests and thus Ron Paul will ALWAYS be blackballed, ridiculed, picked on and slammed at any given opportunity. They will tell you that he is a long shot or that he has no chance in hell or that he is a moonbat and the list goes on and on and on. So DO NOT TRUST OR RELY UPON THE MEDIA FOR ANYTHING. They have been our enemy, they are our enemy and they will remain our enemy until the day we can finally say that we have truly won.

No doubt Ron Paul will be listed as "un-electable" and marginalized by most of the MSM but Ron has gained credibility among several high profile TV announcers and the people since the last election. We are a different place today, whereas Ron and Rand are in high profile positions in the new Congress. They have a number of allies.

On the other hand, Ron should run his campaign as if the entire MSM is against him. The Internet is the answer. Ten second commercials directing the viewers to go to his Web Site for answers on each of the issues could offset some of the cost of massive advertising. Ron could post indepth answers on his Web Site and Youtube for all to see.

K466
11-08-2010, 11:22 AM
What a jerk. Only a complete statist tool could still be ignoring Ron Paul. We have to find creative ways around these hacks.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2010, 11:27 AM

No foreign aid. To Israel and everyone. Non-interventionism. That's my guess.

specsaregood
11-08-2010, 11:47 AM
As for Christie, when both the left and right leaning mainstream media are pushing a candidate, you know something's up.

And Christie is a non-starter in the republican primary.
He is anti-gun and pro-amnesty. He is more of a longshot than Dr. Paul.

tsetsefly
11-10-2010, 05:43 AM
The 2008 campaign taught me never to believe the media because they are so biased. This doesn't surprise me at all. We will just have to work harder.

yup the neocon bias is gross...

What was even worse was the candidate who made fun of ron paul and his economic predictions and stances and now have adopted those stance (Mike Huckabee) I will not vote for any GOP presidential candidate from 2008...

Agorism
11-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Voted other. "other" is surging.

David A. Gay, Sr.
11-19-2010, 12:07 AM
I like Bret Baier and Special Report, he's quick and to the point, alot of info in an hour. But ya, he pissed me off not mentioning Ron Paul.

We all know the MSM is anti Ron Paul Revolution. All of them except the Judge with Freedom Watch and even he says "inalienable" rights all the time. Why I dunno. That pisses me off too.

What's a peep to do ? :cool:

Ron Paul 2012 !!! :D:D:D

Baier has a bio on his Facebook page where he is proud of some very terrible things.

National Security Correspondent for the Bush Administration

Covered conflicts in Kosovo, Haiti, and Iraq

Covered as the 9/11 attacks turned into the war on terror...

I can continue, but you get what I'm saying here.

The guy is neocon through and through.

There is a reason he is blackballing Dr. Paul, and it's not the innocent "I think he's a longshot" cop-out that Baier and Fox might tell you.

pacelli
11-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Ron has repeatedly said that he will not make any decision in 2010. So they're going to marginalize him again, EARLY, in 2010. Brilliant strategy by the media. I expect nothing less from the bastards.

The question is --- what are WE as a grassroots going to do about it? What can we do about it?

Specific suggestions here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814

Eric21ND
11-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Ron has repeatedly said that he will not make any decision in 2010. So they're going to marginalize him again, EARLY, in 2010. Brilliant strategy by the media. I expect nothing less from the bastards.

The question is --- what are WE as a grassroots going to do about it? What can we do about it?

Specific suggestions here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814

1. Win CPAC

2. Win Ames Straw poll

3. Campaign like mofos in Iowa, NH, SC, NV

SilentBull
11-19-2010, 08:14 AM

My opinion is that these people really don't understand in how much trouble our country is actually in, and they have enjoyed being part of the winning inside team for a long time. They haven't really cared enough about the consequences of what they do. They will keep behaving this way, until they realize they are actually helping to destroy the country. They still don't get it. They think the country will recover from whatever "minor" damage they have been helping create.

TheDriver
11-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Has Ron Paul polled in double-digits in any crowded field with GOP candidates?

I'm sure a few they're pushing have probably polled lower than Ron, but have those already had a failed attempt at Pres.?

MRoCkEd
11-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Just saw the "lesser candidates" segment.

They mentioned:
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnell
Rick Santorum
Ron Paul
Gary Johnson
John Bolton
Rudy Giuliani

and some others I forget

http://i.imgur.com/pA7Md.png

http://i.imgur.com/iH5Xc.png

TXcarlosTX
11-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Just saw the "lesser candidates" segment.

They mentioned:
Rick Perry
Bob McDonnell
Rick Santorum
Ron Paul
Gary Johnson
John Bolton
Rudy Giuliani

and some others I forget

http://i.imgur.com/pA7Md.png

http://i.imgur.com/iH5Xc.png

wow you put that up fast!

Matt Collins
11-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Well they were very fair about it. In fact htey said that Ron had the most excitement and enthusiasm of all of those listed.

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 07:36 PM
I literally laughed when they mentioned John Bolton. My lady friend joined me in laughter (she laughed at his mustache). John Bolton..........my God....mentioned in the same segment as America's Last Great Statesman, Dr. Paul

Matt Collins
11-19-2010, 07:49 PM
When I think of Haley Barbour I think of this (seeing as he's the Governor of Mississippi and all):

YouTube - Pappy's Dilema (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOaCD_JNgkA)
YouTube - We Need A Shot In The Arm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGV66GzsKw)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Matt Collins
11-19-2010, 07:52 PM
I literally laughed when they mentioned John Bolton. My lady friend joined me in laughter (she laughed at his mustache). John Bolton..........my God....mentioned in the same segment as America's Last Great Statesman, Dr. Paul

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/bolton.jpg

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/John-Bolton_UN.jpg

http://cagle.com/news/boltonunambassador/images/sherffius21.gif

seeker4sho
11-19-2010, 09:45 PM
1. Win CPAC

2. Win Ames Straw poll

3. Campaign like mofos in Iowa, NH, SC, NV

+1 :)

HarryBrowneLives
11-22-2010, 12:07 AM

John Bolton ... always thought his singing sucked:p

HarryBrowneLives
11-22-2010, 12:10 AM
De-nile is not a river in egypt. They (The MSM) can do whatever they want and will. They report the news ... and the day RP announces, we'll start to work on being THE news with a money bomb never before seen on this planet!:D

freshjiva
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Pay no attention to Brett Baier. His time at Fox News, at least at that 6pm timeslot, is limited.

Da Judge is on his way up in the ratings, and with the way he's been getting promoted, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Baier get bumped and replaced by Freedom Watch.

Matt Collins
11-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh, I see, they listed Ron as part of "outsiders and longshots":

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/index.html#/v/4427688/12-in-2012-outsiders-and-long-shots/?playlist_id=162626

Gage
11-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Pay no attention to Brett Baier. His time at Fox News, at least at that 6pm timeslot, is limited.

Da Judge is on his way up in the ratings, and with the way he's been getting promoted, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Baier get bumped and replaced by Freedom Watch.
How is it possible to be that delusional? :confused: