PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Self Declared Tea Party "Founder" says, Palin's a Joke.

Imaginos
11-05-2010, 02:20 PM
! I agree that Ron Paul is the only true founder of the Tea Party. Title of this post is just the YouTube title of below video, NOT my opinion!
Quote from the YouTube page, "The man many credit as being one of the original founders of the Tea Party, Karl Denninger has called Sarah Palin, and Newt Gingrich, the adopted Tea Party leaders, a joke. And says the movement has been hijacked by the very people it was protesting, and is now obsessed with guns gays and God. Denninger explains how these leaders are dumbing down the movement."
YouTube - Tea Party Founder, Palin's a Joke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1lrbNZlu40&feature=related)

Deborah K
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
That might be the case in some tea parties. But not the ones I attend.

raiha
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
The thing about jokes is that they are meant to be funny.

FrankRep
11-05-2010, 02:24 PM
And says the movement has been hijacked by the very people it was protesting

The Tea Party is not the enemy.

Judge Andrew Napolitano - Columbus, Ohio Tea Party!

YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY)

teacherone
11-05-2010, 02:28 PM
who the hell thinks denniger is the father of the tea party?

there's only one tea- party king pin.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/vntagnormangrl/ron_paul_1.jpg

Imaginos
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/vntagnormangrl/ron_paul_1.jpg
I agree.
To me, Ron Paul IS the Tea Party.
He is the only honest stateman that we can trust 100%.

sluggo
Bloomberg said that Mark Meckler is the founder of the Tea Party this morning.

Whoever that is.

Dr.3D

That's a fact.

MRoCkEd
11-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Karl Denninger is a joke. How arrogant if he calls himself the Tea Party founder, and how stupid that he insults the Tea Party for not sharing all of his views instead of trying to convert them.

Elwar
One of the founders eh?

What's his Ron Paul Forum handle?

Kotin
The Tea Party is not the enemy.

Judge Andrew Napolitano - Columbus, Ohio Tea Party!

YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY)

Spamming this does not reflect well on your intelligence..

Do you not understand that there are basically two tea parties now?? The one we started December 16th and the one the media and neo-cons and social conservatives hijacked..

Making this distinction is very important..

FrankRep
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM

Do you not understand that there are basically two tea parties now?? The one we started December 16th and the one the media and neo-cons and social conservatives hijacked..

Since I live in Columbus, Ohio and I'm actively involved in the Tea Party to help get people like Judge Andrew Napolitano to speak, I feel what I say is important and reflects positively on my intelligence.

Kotin, I don't appreciate you attacking my intelligence.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM

It's called a post and it was a good one. At least one of the tea party groups has invited both Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano and Thomas Woods to speak. Those are good things. FrankRep was pointing out that fact and it was germane to the discussion.

Isn't this a little collectivist of you? You honestly believe there are the various tea party factions, which you mistakenly lumped all together, vs. Ron Paul supporters? You honestly believe that we alone have the patent on wanting liberty? Seriously?

Beyond that, are you somehow thinking that we even in this forum agree on everything? Because last time I checked, we don't. But, for argument's sake, let's say we did. If we just stay clustered all together, giving each other high fives, it's going to do very little to save our country. If you don't believe that the people going to the tea party events understand everything they need to understand, do you think it's more effective to just shun them completely, or engage them on the one issue that we know that some can't face -- foreign policy. Which option do you think Ron Paul, Thomas Woods and Judge Napolitano thought more effective, since they attended those tea party events?

It's already been a couple of days, but that celebration you just attended in Kentucky -- Yeah, Rand's victory party. The support of the tea party folks is a very large reason you had an event to attend. ;)

Just sayin'.

JK/SEA
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Tea party , hee haw party, tea-o-con tea party...what ever....if you wanna be in MY tea party, you better advocate for a non-interventionist foreign policy...anybody want sugar or lemon in their cup?...

Kotin
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Since I live in Columbus, Ohio and I'm actively involved in the Tea Party to help get people like Judge Andrew Napolitano to speak, I feel what I say is important and reflects positively on my intelligence.

Kotin, I don't appreciate you attacking my intelligence.

sorry but it doesnt look so good to spam it on multiple threads without any context.

Zatch
11-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Alyona is a c**t.

Kotin
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
It's called a post and it was a good one. At least one of the tea party groups has invited both Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano and Thomas Woods to speak. Those are good things. FrankRep was pointing out that fact and it was germane to the discussion.

Isn't this a little collectivist of you? You honestly believe there are the various tea party factions, which you mistakenly lumped all together, vs. Ron Paul supporters? You honestly believe that we alone have the patent on wanting liberty? Seriously?

Beyond that, are you somehow thinking that we even in this forum agree on everything? Because last time I checked, we don't. But, for argument's sake, let's say we did. If we just stay clustered all together, giving each other high fives, it's going to do very little to save our country. If you don't believe that the people going to the tea party events understand everything they need to understand, do you think it's more effective to just shun them completely, or engage them on the one issue that we know that some can't face -- foreign policy. Which option do you think Ron Paul, Thomas Woods and Judge Napolitano thought more effective, since they attended those tea party events?

It's already been a couple of days, but that celebration you just attended in Kentucky -- Yeah, Rand's victory party. The support of the tea party folks is a very large reason you had an event to attend. ;)

Just sayin'.

there are two main factions fighting over the education of the people who joined the tea party as political novices..

and we have the chance with Rand Paul's victory to take the reins and steer the debate of the tea party towards the original tea party..

that is my point.. but to not acknowledge this struggle is not helpful..

you want Marco Rubio and Carl Rove tea party to be apart of the movement?

this is the reality of the current situation.. we cant ignore it.. so the blanket term "tea party" is much too vague..

oyarde
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
One of the founders eh?

Chuckle ..

Modern_Matthew
11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree with him.

Social conservatives are a disgrace to any political movement.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
there are two main factions fighting over the education of the people who joined the tea party as political novices..

and we have the chance with Rand Paul's victory to take the reins and steer the debate of the tea party towards the original tea party..

that is my point.. but to not acknowledge this struggle is not helpful..

Kotin, no one was disputing the fact that we all don't agree on everything. Even within this forum. However, it was you who was seemingly wanting to drive a wedge between those in the tea party and those outwardly supporting Ron Paul.

you want Marco Rubio and Carl Rove tea party to be apart of the movement?

Where in hell did this come from? Of course not. But, making blanket insults of any and all people involved in the tea party who are not US, is extremely shortsighted. As I already pointed out, Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano and Thomas Woods appear to think it worthwhile to attend their events, listen and teach.

this is the reality of the current situation.. we cant ignore it.. so the blanket term "tea party" is much too vague..

I don't see anyone ignoring it, Kotin. But, it's not wise to lump everyone together and wholesale punt them, who consider themselves tea party members, yet aren't Ron Paul supporters.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
sorry but it doesnt look so good to spam it on multiple threads without any context.

It made perfect sense to me. And he provided context. He stated that the tea party was not the enemy and he displayed a video showing Judge Napolitano speaking at a tea party event.

AGRP
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Lets just wait until Ron Paul gets the rightful credit.

http://s8.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/BDEA0EFE.jpg

yatez112
11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Karl Denninger is a joke. How arrogant if he calls himself the Tea Party founder, and how stupid that he insults the Tea Party for not sharing all of his views instead of trying to convert them.

I've been an avid MarketTicker/Tickerforum reader since 2007. Do you read his commentary? He is by far not a joke. He's been labeled one of the founders of what is considered the Tea Party today due to his work with FedUp USA. He has been hammering on the debt, financial fraud and the wrongdoings on Wall St. and Washington for quite some time. Protests after Bear Stearns' collapse is evident from youtube videos and postings. I joined on Feb 1st 2009 in sending teabags to my Congresscritters, which was quite before Santelli's rant which spawned many groups around the country (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=58862492776).

He's arguing, correctly so, that too many "Tea Partiers" have gone off course and not focusing on the things that were focused on at conception--bailouts, debt, fraud, and TARP.

If you've never read much of Denninger, you might change your tone on how you see him. He's been speaking about the foreclosure fraud, Ben's lying on QE 2.0, and all the looting that has been done.

(this is the one that got media attention)
http://market-ticker.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?singlepost=2222649

Look, I understand that many here view the Ron Paul movement as the start of the "Tea Party," and rightly so. So do I. But semantics (especially when he is not saying he is the founder) shouldn't drive coalitions that want the same goal away. Challenging those that have squandered efforts for getting those that should be prosecuted helps the discourse, in my opinion. It's 100x better than bringing social wedge issues into the platform.

:)

yatez112
11-05-2010, 04:03 PM
One of the founders eh?

He's tried to work with Ron Paul and his staff many times, especially during the '08 campaign...but Dr. Paul's office blocked him from sending faxes and communicating. True story.

Oh...and I don't know if it's, but I see a "genesis" in system...could be him. :P

FSP-Rebel
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I, too, am a Denninger fan. He seems to be the only person that is talking about putting these banksters in jail for all the fraudulent activity in the housing market.

Deborah K
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Wow! Kotin!

FrankRep, you are one of my favorite posters. Keep up the good work.

revolutionary8
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I am a former market ticker fan, I used to read every day. I agree that karl has a good head on his shoulders when it comes to some financial issues, but he is a fiat man. I also became more and more disturbed at his growing EGO, his taking credit for everything from Tea party's to tea bags, and how HE was the "only one" that foresaw this and that, and pretty much everything. He continually bashes Ron Paul and Rand Paul, if for not only his EGO (as yatez explained RPs people were not interested, boooo hoooo) his jealousy. Yes I think he is jealous of them both, and anyone else that he "competes with" in his own mind. You see, now the tea parties COMPETE with him, I really think that is his major beef.

Check these comments out=

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=169769

Direstraits
Incept: 2010-01-11

karl I dont think FEDUP USA started the Tea Party.

Ron Paul's campaign way back in 2007 really was the origination of the group.

Karl, do you think you started the Tea Party? It's fine to disagree with them, but to even jokingly imply it is an entity you helped create seems a bit egotistical.

Genesis (Karl)

It is?

The idea in terms of mailing tea bags to Congress on inaugeration day STARTED RIGHT HERE. It began with a forum post and was picked up by Steph and myself. I wrote a Ticker on it.

Proof? Right ****ing here - pre-dating Rick Santelli's "scream", and incidentally, I was told by people on the floor that he in part got the inspiration from that - he read it.
The truth is what it is.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?single....

Genesis wrote..
The idea in terms of mailing tea bags to Congress on inaugeration day STARTED RIGHT HERE. It began with a forum post and was picked up by Steph and myself.

This statement may need refining. The Ron Paul grassroots campaign was mailing tea bags to CONgress back on Dec 2007:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.....
Quote:
But there is nothing that can be ignored, negatively spun or seen as illegal or seditious about mailing perfectly harmless, ordinary tea bags to every Congressman in Washington! LOTS AND LOTS OF TEA BAGS!! Tea bags are cheap, postage is cheap, and there are an awful lot of Ron Paul supporters.

Even back in Nov 2007 people were making efforts to hand out tea bags to people to promulgate the message:
http://dailypaul.com/node/5333
Quote:
The idea is this: hand out custom Ron Paul 'symbolic' tea packets (see the design here) and literature to holiday shoppers. Those in the north may even want to serve coffee and tea to cold customers!
Keeping with the intent of accuracy I love on this forum, this background is relevant.

That being said, I'm happy to see the cumulative effect from the sincere and creative efforts arising from disparate sources. It informs me that there is a growing collective discontent among citizens that are sensing a Fabian effort to rob us of our individual freedoms and state rights; turning them instead over to the federal government so we can be cared for under one big, happy nanny state.

All these efforts, including Karl and others on this forum, give me glimmers of hope.

Gabriel
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=169769&page=8

Moreover, this really bothers me:
Genesis (karl) wrote:

Again - show me just ONE candidate that has anything that one can read as "Stop the looting and start prosecuting" anywhere in their campaign material.

Just one.

If you can't, then the PURPOSE of The Tea Party, as embodied by my efforts, by Rick Santelli's rant, by Stephanie's efforts, by all of the rest who originally started talking about this and got it moving, is not found ANYWHERE within what it is today.

A thing that is a thing in name is just like a RINO and just as worthy of contempt.

BJ LAWSON has publicly said this in public, yet when karl goes on a rant, he never mentioned BJ's name, he just kept yelling "SHOW ME ONE TEA PARTY CANDIDATE THAT HAS SAID STOP THE LOOTING AND START PROSECUTING"

www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2676095&postcount=2

Supposedly Karl is going to post a ticker reminding people that the primaries are tomorrow and that they should support Lawson.

He finally got the "Stop the looting, Start the prosecuting" declaration from BJ he required (21 minutes into part 1):

http://www.mync.com/site/page/nc_4th_dist_debate/

I've asked Mish to do this as well, but he's not yet replied back to me...

There's my rant.

TruckinMike
11-05-2010, 06:27 PM
//

Here is todays latest (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=171379) from Karl... decide for yourself.

TMike

revolutionary8
11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
//

Here is todays latest (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=171379) from Karl... decide for yourself.

TMike

:eek:

We will not work overtime or even work hard; we will instead engage in consumer withdrawal, making as little as possible and drawing as much from the government as we can. That is, we will try to suck the government teat dry and lawfully minimize what we give both to big corporations and government.

hey everyone! Get dependent on welfare! :rolleyes:
he has jumped the shark.

Ethek
11-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Karl has a sound set of principles. Ego too.

I remember how he was not getting responses from Rons office, dunno why but it I'm guessing that he came off as a little intense.

Even Karl Denninger has to work within the rules of the system until hes in a position to change them. Making pointed (and factual rants) does not necessarily translate to someone being receptive.

revolutionary8
11-05-2010, 07:44 PM
what really bothers me about karl is that I am here saying this. I wouldn't have had to say a word but he is beginning to get a bit ego crazy. I am saying this because he bashes Ron and Rand, he bashes the tea party movement, bashes Sarah Palin, bashes everyone. You will notice the difference between how Ron and Rand handle themselves, and Ron has forgotten more about economics than Karl has ever known.

I have always viewed him as an ally in the movement, whether or not he disagreed w/ Ron and Rand, and disagreed on the intrinsic value of gold, and disagreed with sound currency principles vs. fiat, but now, he is starting to outright BASH people then claim "tea party founder" status. Now he is telling everyone to become lazy, that GOLD won't do you a bit of good, and to just protest the banks and suck the gov't teat. It is MISINFO if not DISINFO IMO.

All of this has happened before, and he is trying to tell the people that saving won't do a bit of good.

Bottom Line, the premise of his latest rant is the OPPOSITE of what Ron and Rand stand for. It is the OPPOSITE of self-sustainability.