PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Justin Amash - "He's going to be one of my very close allies"

CurranH
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
John Stossel: "Who are the new 'freedom leaders' in Congress?"

Ron Paul: "Justin Amash . . . He's going to be one of my very close allies."

Jump to the 7:04 mark:

YouTube - Ron Paul on Stossel 11/4/10: Did Libertarians Win? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRl0iFq_QYs)

Bergie Bergeron
11-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Libertarians won BIG in New Hampshire. Almost half the state representatives have been endorsed by the NH Liberty Alliance I think :D

Tinnuhana
11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
And some not endorsed by them but endorsed by the Home School Association won also, which might not be great for some national issues, but seems to be good for local freedom. I'm happy for Mark Warden and the others. NHLA needs to update. Dave Ridley needs to get them all together for a group photo.

Thomas
11-05-2010, 05:21 PM
the NHLA needs more funding

socialvirus
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I can't believe I've never heard of this guy until now, he seems like the real deal, and I'm extremely proud that he comes from the same state as I do, although I'm not in his district, and I have to settle for Neo Con Mike Rogers as my Rep, I didn't even vote for him, it's still good that he got in. GO JUSTIN!!

roho76
11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I can't believe I've never heard of this guy until now, he seems like the real deal, and I'm extremely proud that he comes from the same state as I do, although I'm not in his district, and I have to settle for Neo Con Mike Rogers as my Rep, I didn't even vote for him, it's still good that he got in. GO JUSTIN!!

I live in Rogers district, also. I only voted Republican if it was somewhat of a challenge (Except Ruth Johnson. I know her personally from the LCGOP and she is a good person). I voted Libertarian instead of for Rogers but if he was heavily challenged by a Democrap I would have voted for him. But the chances of that happening in Livingston county is unlikely especially in this type of political environment.

socialvirus
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I live in Rogers district, also. I only voted Republican if it was somewhat of a challenge (Except Ruth Johnson. I know her personally from the LCGOP and she is a good person). I voted Libertarian instead of for Rogers but if he was heavily challenged by a Democrap I would have voted for him. But the chances of that happening in Livingston county is unlikely especially in this type of political environment.

Ditto, I did the exact same thing I voted for the Libertarian instead of Rogers as well, I also voted for Ruth Johnson. I'm a precinct delegate so I got to see the total tally of votes and call it in, and guess how many people voted for the same libertarian candidate? About 14 dude, no kidding. It does make me think Ron Paul is right about running as a Republican rather than on the third party ticket. That's what Rand Paul has accomplished.

If both candidates are establishment trash, I'd rather have a trash R than Trash D. Liberals are dangerous to freedom.

Sola_Fide
11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Did anyone hear Ron's answer about Rand's authenticity? Ron said let him start casting votes before you think he is not authentically libertarian enough. I think a few forum members here should take Ron's advice:)

Michigan11
11-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Ron, Justin, and Rand.. Also Mike Lee in Utah. These 4 are the leaders as far as I'm concerned.

durden0
11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure I follow Dr. Paul on this Justin Amash endorsement 100%. He sounds awesome on domestic issues, but foreign policy sounds a little more neo-con than I'd generally like to hear. His support for Israel is overly strong and support for 'stopping Iran from getting nuclear weapons' flat out scares me.

http://amashforcongress.com/sites/default/files/Amash_US-Israel_Relations.pdf

Edit:Recanting I should have finished the doc first ;p.

Cone0
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I am glad Dr Paul has a good ally in the House

Keith and stuff
11-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Libertarians won BIG in New Hampshire. Almost half the state representatives have been endorsed by the NH Liberty Alliance I think :D

The NHLA endorsed 134 candidates for State House in the general election and 117 were successful. The NHLA endorsed 3 State Senate candidates and they all won.
http://www.nhliberty.org/2010/endorsements

Of course, the good news in other states isn't even 1/10 as good as it is in NH but there is plenty of good news to go around. Good work to those that helped Justin Amash!

itshappening
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Looks like Justin missed out on the financial services committee

Ten of the 12 new GOP spots on the committee went to incoming GOP freshmen: Quico Canseco (Texas), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Michael Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Bill Huizenga (Mich.), Robert Hurt (Va.), Steve Stivers (Ohio), Steve Pearce (N.M.) and Michael Fitzpatrick (Pa.) were selected to sit on the panel with jurisdiction over federal monetary policy and the banking system. Pearce and Fitzpatrick served in the House in prior years

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/133283-tea-party-backed-freshmen-win-plum-committee-assignments