PDA

View Full Version : The Media Coverage Still Sucks

ronpaulfan
10-19-2007, 06:31 PM
I feel the media blackout is still in full swing. They can't ignore Ron Paul completely or it would be too obvious (due to his substantial fundraising) so instead they are:

1) Giving him the bare minimum coverage
2) Painting him as crazy almost every time they do mention him
3) Not mentioning him at all during almost all casual discussions about the election

The Ron Paul cinderella story is the most incredible and moving presidential election story in the last 26 years. They should be covering this like the 2nd coming of Christ!!!!

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 06:35 PM
As Kent Snyder explained in the press conference this week, they understand that the campaign has to earn their coverage and they know that.

Geronimo
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
As Kent Snyder explained in the press conference this week, they understand that the campaign has to earn their coverage and they know that.

With all due respect to Kent Snyder, that's not much of an explanation.

chon
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
we really need to stop knit picking at every thing the MSM does, how many millions of new people did nbc introduce to ron paul tonight? at least 25-35% of them will go and look RP up to see what he is all about!!

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
With all due respect to Kent Snyder, that's not much of an explanation.

With all due respect to Kent, watch the video of his answer rather than my sucky explanation of it. ;)

SeanEdwards
10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
It's more than sucking. That would imply incompetence. What we have is calculated exclusion and outright yellow journalism.

It's like an American version of Pravda.

davidhperry
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
we really need to stop knit picking at every thing the MSM does, how many millions of new people did nbc introduce to ron paul tonight? at least 25-35% of them will go and look RP up to see what he is all about!!

That's what I'm saying. Yes, I would love to see more and better coverage of Ron Paul - we all would. However, I'm tired of watching a 3-minute piece that's mostly positive except for some minor points. Then people go nuts and announce boycotts and email campaigns, etc.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 06:55 PM
It is getting much better. We still have a long way to go, but it IS getting better. :)

shepburn
10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
That's what I'm saying. Yes, I would love to see more and better coverage of Ron Paul - we all would. However, I'm tired of watching a 3-minute piece that's mostly positive except for some minor points. Then people go nuts and announce boycotts and email campaigns, etc.

I agree ... the coverage is only slightly above neutural ... but it is NOT hit pieces.

Give me one example of a MSM "hit piece" on TV since the official 3rd Q numbers have been announced.

While it may change ... it is not YET negative enought to worry about

devil21
10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Any coverage is good coverage. His fundraising and slowly but surely higher polling numbers show it.

Dary
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM
What we have is calculated exclusion and outright yellow journalism.

Yup. Free press my ass. It's shamefull.

eok321
10-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Fox for instance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3kI8LNTqNo