PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party (Rand), Obama Strange Bedfellows Afghan War

bunklocoempire
11-05-2010, 04:16 AM
sailingaway posted this and I think it is worth noting:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2966573#post2966573

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/04/tea-party-obama-make-strange-bedfellows-afghanistan-war/
"Rand Paul, who won his race for Senate in Kentucky, criticized the "monolithic" Republican position on the war during an interview over the summer with the National Review -- while at the same time calling foreign policy a "complete non-issue" for him."

Since we are fighting two parties on this, it would be a great talking point for dems or repubs we may encounter.

Dems: Establishment GOP (and Fox) are tying Rand (specifically) to Obama and a "weak" stance on the war. Repubs want him gone.

Repubs: Establishment GOP (and Fox) are tying Rand (specifically) to Obama and a "weak" stance on the war -Rand who just happens to understand monetary policy. Repubs AND Dems want him gone.

Used along with this forums analysis of the "debt ceiling" and vilifying of Rand, I believe these are some great talking points.

Thanks to sailingaway.

Bunkloco

bunklocoempire
11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Shameless bump, and I would also add:

Now that a peace loving and monetary policy astute candidate has gotten some power, the media/TPTB don't know what to do with him. (really, they do and they're doing it)

One would think "peace lovin'" Dems/msnbc would be fawning over Rand -of course they're not, exposing their "peace lovin'" as a sham.

One would think "fiscal conservative lovin'" Repubs/Fox would be fawning over Rand -of course they're not, exposing their "fiscal conservative lovin'" as a sham.

One would think fox/msnbc somehow got their stories switched.;)

I love it! Rand's election is a huge monkey wrench in the works -a peace loving "Republican" with a bit of power. The msnbc election night "anarchy and economic collapse" vid combined with the Fox "weak on terror" story immediately after Rand's election shows desperation, and desperate people are apt to make mistakes.

Bunkloco