PDA

View Full Version : Establishment wants tea party Senators to follow Coburn not DeMint and here is Coburn

sailingaway
11-04-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/What-Republicans-can-accomplish-in-the-112th-Congress__-1457962-106722398.html

I've seen a lot of places the new establishment meme that Coburn is also conservative but more effective than De Mint and new conservatives might do well to work with him. I don't see a conflict, and Rand has said he wants to work with both, but the link above is Coburn saying 'what can be worked on', and actually echoes something de Mint was quoted as saying today about the debt limit. He gives a shout out to Rand that I suspect isn't accidental. He mentions no one else by name. Mind you, 'Rand Paul' IS a hot google search term...

DeadheadForPaul
11-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Someone is trying to push Coburn over Demint.

Is it the media? Coburn? Has the establishment finally given up on Mitch and think he's the new guy?

He is a lot better than Mitch, but I'd prefer Demint if I had to choose one of the older guys to lead the GOP

sailingaway
11-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Someone is trying to push Coburn over Demint.

Is it the media? Coburn? Has the establishment finally given up on Mitch and think he's the new guy?

He is a lot better than Mitch, but I'd prefer Demint if I had to choose one of the older guys to lead the GOP

I think media is carrying the meme the way MSNBC and WaPo carry Dem talking points, but I think GOP leadership think it would be nice if the newcomer conservatives looked to Coburn, not de Mint as a role model. Then there is this, with a specific olive branch to Rand.... the one who has the potential to be most 'troublesome'.

However, it is a fact that when the GOP gets majority in 2012 (likely) Coburn might be a potential leader. Not this time, though, Mitch already has counted the votes to be confirmed, and no one else is running.