PDA

View Full Version : Libertarians are "soulless" and "the problem within the GOP"! What the Huck?!

Zatch
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
http://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano/posts/165277296827349

wormyguy
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Between Romney and Huckabee I still cannot decide who is worse.

FrankRep
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
No one here supports Mike Huckabee. Whatever...

Zatch
11-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Romney is worse.

YouTube - Gov. Mitt Romney meets a medical marijuana patient--Oct. 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6UTnS6Z-A)

RonPaulCult
11-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Romney is worse.

YouTube - Gov. Mitt Romney meets a medical marijuana patient--Oct. 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6UTnS6Z-A)

Holy shit!

Bern
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Libertarians = soulless
Zombies = soulless

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Stary Hickory
11-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Eff Huckabee, what a tool. He and his kind are what create problems and poverty. I hate that douche bag, I swear he will never become POTUS ever.

SamuraisWisdom
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Didn't he call himself a libertarian not too long ago?

WilliamShrugged
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Romney is worse.

DUDE:eek::eek::eek:

nelsonwinters
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Soulless would be not caring about the families torn apart the Iraq and Afghanistan wars or the war on drugs or worried about savings of hard working Americans being stolen by the federal government and the Federal Reserve.

emazur
11-04-2010, 09:30 PM
How the Judge should have replied: "I'm libertarian. I'm Catholic. I support people like Ron Paul who want to reform the GOP. Do you consider me soulless?"

wormyguy
11-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Didn't he call himself a libertarian not too long ago?
Huckabee?

Ninja Homer
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Is the "soulless" comment a jab at libertarians, or does he really believe it? A pastor really shouldn't be using words like "soulless" loosely.

Brett85
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Romney is worse.

And yet this is the same guy who was ok with killing babies not too long ago.

emazur
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
This would have been another good comeback for the Judge: "Ronald Reagan stated "I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." Are you saying Reagan was wrong?"

Imaginos
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Soulless would be not caring about the families torn apart the Iraq and Afghanistan wars or the war on drugs or worried about savings of hard working Americans being stolen by the federal government and the Federal Reserve.
+1
Well said.

Sola_Fide
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Ughhh

When are "conservatives" going to realize the immorality of government coercion?

Stary Hickory
11-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Ughhh

When are "conservatives" going to realize the immorality of government coercion?

When liberals do.

Honestly Huckabee and his progressive leanings are what hurt the poor the most.

FrankRep
11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Ughhh

What is a Conservative? Ambiguous Term

:)

silentshout
11-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Huckabee is scary. Doesn't he want to federally ban smoking?

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Hah!

HUCK YOU mucker Huker.

FrankRep
11-04-2010, 11:01 PM

He wants to ban smoking in workplaces and bars. Not a Smoking prohibition.

Mike Huckabee Wants Nationwide Smoking Ban
YouTube - Mike Huckabee Wants Nationwide Smoking Ban (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-bVMJ-jr2k)

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Tell him to huck off.

Doesn't he and his palm have an appointment with Chuck Norris GQ special?

Monarchist
11-04-2010, 11:15 PM
How the Judge should have replied: "I'm libertarian. I'm Catholic. I support people like Ron Paul who want to reform the GOP. Do you consider me soulless?"

According to Huck Catholics aren't Christians.

MikeStanart
11-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Huck YOU! Huckster!

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 11:23 PM
According to Huck Catholics aren't Christians.

Tell mother Hucker, that they are older than his by more than a millinia and half. A dumb zealot like him probably fapps to the glorious days of the Catholic Holy Roman Empire whenever expedient.

FrankRep
11-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Yes, we all agree that Huckabee is bad news.

Sola_Fide
11-05-2010, 12:24 AM
I liked when Huckabee preached against the Income tax in 2008. But everything else about him hucking hucks.

justinc.1089
11-05-2010, 04:18 AM
I liked when Huckabee preached against the Income tax in 2008. But everything else about him hucking hucks.

The problem was he wasn't truly preaching against the income tax. He was using very, very slick talk to trick and decieve people that don't want to pay income tax into wanting to vote for a continuation of the income tax, only in a slicker, more deceptive form: a national sales tax.

If its the same amount of tax, its not going to be a huge improvement, other than being a little more convenient.

It would certainly be MORE taxation in the end than the current income tax. Even John McCain admitted to that during one debate, but said he did not support a national sales tax replacing the income tax. I think McCain was telling the truth there, but just wasn't interested in messing with tax stuff, because he just wanted to get to war with Iran. And if he was lucky maybe Russia and/or China too.

Last, and most importantly, I have heard people say the real agenda behind the "Fair Tax" Huckabee advocated for so much is NOT to actually end the income tax, and/ or to reduce taxes for people, but that the REAL agenda from powerful politicians like Huckabee is to co-opt the "Fair Tax" by introducing a national sales tax FIRST, BEFORE eliminating the income tax, and then simply NEVER ELIMINATE THE INCOME TAX.

So that they're able to introduce a MASSIVE UNPRECEDENTED TAX INCREASE.

The left wants to use global warming as a method for massive tax increases, and the right wants to use tax reform as a method for massive tax increases.

Mark my words, mark them well:

Any politician that does not utter the words "Eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing," is not serious about cutting taxes, and may very well be only focused on introducing a new tax rather than be focused on eliminating or reforming an old tax.

Romulus
11-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Romney is worse.

I suggest on sharing this one.

MN Patriot
11-05-2010, 06:43 AM
The problem was he wasn't truly preaching against the income tax. He was using very, very slick talk to trick and decieve people that don't want to pay income tax into wanting to vote for a continuation of the income tax, only in a slicker, more deceptive form: a national sales tax.

If its the same amount of tax, its not going to be a huge improvement, other than being a little more convenient.

It would certainly be MORE taxation in the end than the current income tax. Even John McCain admitted to that during one debate, but said he did not support a national sales tax replacing the income tax. I think McCain was telling the truth there, but just wasn't interested in messing with tax stuff, because he just wanted to get to war with Iran. And if he was lucky maybe Russia and/or China too.

Last, and most importantly, I have heard people say the real agenda behind the "Fair Tax" Huckabee advocated for so much is NOT to actually end the income tax, and/ or to reduce taxes for people, but that the REAL agenda from powerful politicians like Huckabee is to co-opt the "Fair Tax" by introducing a national sales tax FIRST, BEFORE eliminating the income tax, and then simply NEVER ELIMINATE THE INCOME TAX.

The left wants to use global warming as a method for massive tax increases, and the right wants to use tax reform as a method for massive tax increases.

Any politician that does not utter the words "Eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing," is not serious about cutting taxes, and may very well be only focused on introducing a new tax rather than be focused on eliminating or reforming an old tax.

I like the idea of eliminating the income tax and replacing it with nothing. But that simply isn't practical, there is no way that can be done unless there is a majority of libertarians in Congress.
Next best thing: Eliminating the income tax and replacing it with a national sales tax guaranteed to never be more than 5%.

Travlyr
11-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Save me Huck and Mitt... save me... protect me! Assholes.

LatinsforPaul
11-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Romney is worse.

If this a**hole is our next president, god help us all.

denison
11-05-2010, 06:50 AM
I really can't believe that video. neocons are dispicable. ugh.

JohnEngland
11-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I suppose it depends on what Huckabee means by "libertarians". If he means Ayn Rand libertarianism, then he would have a case. If he means Ron Paul libertarianism, I'd have to disagree with him.

Bern
11-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Politicians who subscribe to a Machiavellian party over principle modus operandi are the ones who have truly lost their soul.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-05-2010, 07:46 AM
I like the idea of eliminating the income tax and replacing it with nothing. But that simply isn't practical, there is no way that can be done unless there is a majority of libertarians in Congress.
Next best thing: Eliminating the income tax and replacing it with a national sales tax guaranteed to never be more than 5%.

Like the 2nd Amendment guaranteed no laws infringing upon our right to own property namely -- arms. Like the 1st Amendment guaranteed that free speech would not be violated? Like the 4th Amendment guaranteed that we were to be secure in our persons and property? Hello, there are no GD guarantees when it comes to Government!!!!!

Brett85
11-05-2010, 07:47 AM

Rand Paul has come out in favor of the Fair Tax as well.

Theocrat
11-05-2010, 08:03 AM
There's one thing to be sure of: people like Huckabee will make sure there are no libertarian influences to change the direction of the GOP. They control the media. They control the leadership within the party. They control the cash flows of the party. People like Huckabee fear you.

That's why it's my opinion that reforming the GOP is not the best strategy. It's political rape. They don't want you inside them. Sure, they let some "Tea Party" people come in, but they just as soon will send them to the basement while the "adults" upstairs conduct serious affairs and get back to such things as more war spending, more invasion of privacy (for the sake of security), more fear tactics to keep people from voting Democrat (as if the Republicans are exceedingly better), and more corporatism.

When we will you all wake up and smell the elephant dung? The GOP does not want liberty-minded people like Congressman Paul. This next cycle of Republican stronghold in the House will show that Republicans have not changed since they lost power back in 2006. I mean, if the Republicans were really serious about changing their ways, wouldn't they have considered Congressman Paul (the Father of the Tea Party Movement who inspired other liberty candidates to run for office and paved the way for getting national attention to the foundation of our economic woes) as the best candidate for Speaker of the House?

Icymudpuppy
11-05-2010, 08:10 AM
there's one thing to be sure of: People like huckabee will make sure there are no libertarian influences to change the direction of the gop. They control the media. They control the leadership within the party. They control the cash flows of the party. People like huckabee fear you.

That's why it's my opinion that reforming the gop is not the best strategy. It's political rape. They don't want you inside them. Sure, they let some "tea party" people come in, but they just as soon will send them to the basement while the "adults" upstairs conduct serious affairs and get back to such things as more war spending, more invasion of privacy (for the sake of security), more fear tactics to keep people from voting democrat (as if the republicans are exceedingly better), and more corporatism.

When we will you all wake up and smell the elephant dung? The gop does not want liberty-minded people like congressman paul. This next cycle of republican stronghold in the house will show that republicans have not changed since they lost power back in 2006. I mean, if the republicans were really serious about changing their ways, wouldn't they have considered congressman paul (the father of the tea party movement who inspired other liberty candidates to run for office and paved the way for getting national attention to the foundation of our economic woes) as the best candidate for speaker of the house?

+1776

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 08:18 AM
There's one thing to be sure of: people like Huckabee will make sure there are no libertarian influences to change the direction of the GOP. They control the media. They control the leadership within the party. They control the cash flows of the party. People like Huckabee fear you.

That's why it's my opinion that reforming the GOP is not the best strategy. It's political rape. They don't want you inside them. Sure, they let some "Tea Party" people come in, but they just as soon will send them to the basement while the "adults" upstairs conduct serious affairs and get back to such things as more war spending, more invasion of privacy (for the sake of security), more fear tactics to keep people from voting Democrat (as if the Republicans are exceedingly better), and more corporatism.

When we will you all wake up and smell the elephant dung? The GOP does not want liberty-minded people like Congressman Paul. This next cycle of Republican stronghold in the House will show that Republicans have not changed since they lost power back in 2006. I mean, if the Republicans were really serious about changing their ways, wouldn't they have considered Congressman Paul (the Father of the Tea Party Movement who inspired other liberty candidates to run for office and paved the way for getting national attention to the foundation of our economic woes) as the best candidate for Speaker of the House?

Hawking for the Constitution Party again, Theo?

The neocons didn't take over the conservative movement overnight and we're not going to get it back overnight either.

For you to infer that we would have completely overturned the Republican party in less than 2 years is ridiculous. It changes when we become it and also as those already in there at the grassroots level, change their minds. Both are slowly happening. We did make gains this go round. Huge gains. But, we are just getting started.

Travlyr
11-05-2010, 08:20 AM

+1776
Absolutely! They control the media and us.

Theocrat
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Hawking for the Constitution Party again, Theo?

The neocons didn't take over the conservative movement overnight and we're not going to get it back overnight either.

For you to infer that we would have completely overturned the Republican party in less than 2 years is ridiculous. It changes when we become it and also as those already in there at the grassroots level, change their minds. Both are slowly happening. We did make gains this go round. Huge gains. But, we are just getting started.

I'd like to know the strategy of those who seek to reform the GOP against the likes of a Mike Huckabee who is considered a hero in the GOP. After all, Huckabee sees you all as a threat to the party, you "soulless, problem-causing libertine." (tongue-in-cheek)

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 08:28 AM
I'd like to know the strategy of those who seek to reform the GOP against the likes of a Mike Huckabee who is considered a hero in the GOP. After all, Huckabee sees you all as a threat to the party, you "soulless, problem-causing libertine." (tongue-in-cheek)

And you believe the bible-thumping Constitution Party would embrace them? Yeah, right.

Theocrat
11-05-2010, 08:42 AM
And you believe the bible-thumping Constitution Party would embrace them? Yeah, right.

Well, I think people will filter out into other third parties, some going to the Libertarian Party where they feel more comfortable, others going to the Constitution Party where they feel more comfortable, etc., etc. At least we could have a real free-market approach in choosing our candidates based on competition, rather than being enslaved to the duopoly of Republicans vs. Democrats. We see where that has gotten us.

At least where I live, people have grown frustrated with the two-party system. Neither party really speaks to their political views anymore, and the slate of candidates which is presented from either party leaves much to be desired. That is happening on the local levels of the political culture. We've given the Republicans chance after chance to mend their ways. We've written them letters. We've told them what type of candidates we like (circa. Ron Paul). We've attended their rallies, conventions, and caucuses. It has come to little or no avail. It's time for a change in our dire political climate.

The testimony of people like Mike Huckabee shows that he doesn't care about the GOP returning to liberty principles. You may want to reform the party, but Huckabee also is doing the same thing, and he has greater leverage than you. You don't think he's fighting the "problems" he sees in the party, just as much as you are fighting the "problems" you see therein? What about the Perrys of the party? The Boehners? The Bushs? They used the Tea Party for their own gains to remove the Democrats out of office, but you don't think they will jump ship to save the cargo which was thrown out? Huckabee is one such sailor.

ChaosControl
11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
The neocon filth are the soulless ones.

Brett85
11-05-2010, 08:48 AM
I'd like to wait until the actual show airs to hear exactly what he said. Huckabee doesn't usually use rhetoric like that.

Travlyr
11-05-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd like to wait until the actual show airs to hear exactly what he said. Huckabee doesn't usually use rhetoric like that.
Huckabee is a member of the globalist oligarchy and not a friend of liberty.

Brett85
11-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Huckabee is a member of the globalist oligarchy and not a friend of liberty.

I thought he had come around a little bit over the last few years. He was opposed to the bailouts from the beginning and supports abolishing the IRS. I would take him over Romney or Palin, but that's not saying much.

moostraks
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM

Yes he does use that rhetoric and for some time now it appears:

"Friday, May 30, 2008

Huckabee: Libertarianism is Unamerican

Former Governor of Arkansas and former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said in an interview with the Huffington Post's Will Mari that libertarianism is "not an American message," adding that he considers it to be a "soulless type of economic conservatism" as well as a threat to Republicanism"

http://www.drudge.com/archive/108364/huckabee-libertarianism-unamerican

Huckabee is one fine person for putting forth the state of on'es soul as a supposed preacher. the man is a snake in the grass and needs to be neutralized before we are stuck with a Palin, Romney, or Huckster choice. Time to drag up some reminders of why this party better realize it needs to not run those retreads....

moostraks
11-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Well, I think people will filter out into other third parties, some going to the Libertarian Party where they feel more comfortable, others going to the Constitution Party where they feel more comfortable, etc., etc. At least we could have a real free-market approach in choosing our candidates based on competition, rather than being enslaved to the duopoly of Republicans vs. Democrats. We see where that has gotten us.

At least where I live, people have grown frustrated with the two-party system. Neither party really speaks to their political views anymore, and the slate of candidates which is presented from either party leaves much to be desired. That is happening on the local levels of the political culture. We've given the Republicans chance after chance to mend their ways. We've written them letters. We've told them what type of candidates we like (circa. Ron Paul). We've attended their rallies, conventions, and caucuses. It has come to little or no avail. It's time for a change in our dire political climate.

The testimony of people like Mike Huckabee shows that he doesn't care about the GOP returning to liberty principles. You may want to reform the party, but Huckabee also is doing the same thing, and he has greater leverage than you. You don't think he's fighting the "problems" he sees in the party, just as much as you are fighting the "problems" you see therein? What about the Perrys of the party? The Boehners? The Bushs? They used the Tea Party for their own gains to remove the Democrats out of office, but you don't think they will jump ship to save the cargo which was thrown out? Huckabee is one such sailor.

Well said...We need to get away from the mainstream parties. If we can see the GOP keep up this type of nonsense we can only hope to continue to erode the mainstream parties base of voters due to the lack of confidence and until then run our guys under every banner.

Romulus
11-05-2010, 09:59 AM
No, I think we should continue to co-opt the R party. Its seems to be the right track.. in time, Liberty will be the majority within the R party hopefully. And hopefully the people will demand that or continue to vote in Liberty minded R's and D's..

The system is setup to beat a 3rd party everytime... Politically, culturally, physically and mentally.

Take over the R's. That's where its at. :)

moostraks
11-05-2010, 10:06 AM
No, I think we should continue to co-opt the R party. Its seems to be the right track.. in time, Liberty will be the majority within the R party hopefully. And hopefully the people will demand that or continue to vote in Liberty minded R's and D's..

The system is setup to beat a 3rd party everytime... Politically, culturally, physically and mentally.

Not for all of us. When they decided they would tie their ticket to war mongering and empire building they alienated some of us.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-05-2010, 10:34 AM

I don't think we should try and co-opt anything. Use, sure, co-opt? No. I also think it is a wiser use of time and money if instead of focusing on Federal positions that the movement start vetting and running for State-legislatures & local positions. Glen won a seat with 17,000$. FSP won 12 seats without much money. You aren't going to get much done when you are opposed by pretty much every segment of Industry and power (located in DC). I think it would be wise for more of those who are genuinely minarchist to read the Anti-Federalists as to how a true republic ought to be and function and how it can only function. It was no wonder Centinel saw the futileness of the entire situation when he rightfully saw that even the original 13 colonies were far too large a territory to ever hope to keep liberty or the republic. (E.g. City-States are compatible with republicanism and Montisquesque federated systems lead to the opposite)

So, if those of you who want to use the political system your best use of time and money is by using the States to push against DC, just like Henry used Virginia to push against the Crown instead of trying to change the Crown. If we are to have any success politically it will come from localized institutions (E.g. cities & states).

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
So, if those of you who want to use the political system your best use of time and money is by using the States to push against DC, just like Henry used Virginia to push against the Crown instead of trying to change the Crown. If we are to have any success politically it will come from localized institutions (E.g. cities & states).

Hell just froze over.

I agree with AED on something. :eek::)

oyarde
11-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Hell with that , now that I have just discovered to my dismay that I am soul less , I will start smoking slightly more . :) It is hard for me to picture him saying that .

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Huckabee is a waste of flesh. He got his 30 pieces of silver......

Fox McCloud
11-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Huckabee is basically the textbook definition of a Communist (well Stallinist definition anyway); he's against civil liberties, for mandating certain things (like forcing a report for the BMI of all schoolchildren), and for increasing spending and raising taxes (he was worse than Clinton).

he has no place in the Republican party,at all; he'd probably fit in better with the Democrats, and that's saying a lot.

TC95
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Is the "soulless" comment a jab at libertarians, or does he really believe it? A pastor really shouldn't be using words like "soulless" loosely.

Yeah, that's strange that a so-called Christian would say that anyone is "soulless." Christians believe that all people have souls that will eventually wind up in Heaven or Hell.

I think he just wants to destroy a Ron Paul 2012 run so he's saying libertarians are evil and hoping enough people will believe it.

Cherder
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
This would have been another good comeback for the Judge: "Ronald Reagan stated "I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." Are you saying Reagan was wrong?"

Bingo. +rep