PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke can't keep the lid on, any longer

nobody's_hero
11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Disclaimer: I'm no economist. So if you're an economist and you disagree with the title, pay it no mind. But let me ask this:

What do you guys think of gold's near immediate mimmicking of the actions of the Federal Reserve this week? Have we reached 'critical mass'?

I wish I had bought gold over two years ago, before I started back to college and had enough money Fed reserve notes to purchase at least some gold. It looks like nearly ANY metal is now worthwhile if you are just interested in stopping the hemmorhage of purchasing power of your savings account.

I'm not much on conspiracy theories, but I'd have to be a damn fool not to believe that the timing of Bernanke's $600 Billion decision this week was somehow connected with the election—I haven't yet made up my mind on who exactly would stand to benefit from this, or how, but it won't be the American people, that's for sure.

But even more interesting is the near-simultaneous jump in gold's price. In the past, it seemed as though Bernanke was able to print the money, gold would stay somewhat 'stable' (for at least a while), and then everyone would point to that and say, "See, we can print all the money we want and it has no effect in relation to gold." (I simplified their statements a bit, but you know what I mean: it was some typical idiotic denial of supply/demand laws). But precious metals seem to be running on Bernanke's heels now. And you'll be hard pressed to see how the commodities did today because all the articles on MSM website's business pages are slam full of articles railing about how the stock markets are "soaring" and businesses are optimistic. In other words: we're about to get f***ed, again.

Once you share your two cents on that, I have another question:

I know that a lot of people on here say choose 'gold' over 'silver', but I'm about to close out an (old, unused) bank account so understand that I'll only have about $300 to buy anything with at this point in time.

Could anyone recommend a good place to purchase silver and please share your experience on why you were satisfied with your decision (good reputation, good price, good service, etc.)?

I don't want to go google-gambling and end up with fool's gold (or silver, in my case).

squarepusher
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
gold could be 1600 real soon

LibertyEagle
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
If I had $300 and was wondering what to buy with it, I'd go down to my local coin shop and buy some junk 90% silver coins.

nobody's_hero
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
gold could be 1600 real soon

Yeah, I believe you're right. I'm not so much concerned about getting something with the highest value as I am getting something that is at least growing in value. (of course, this is all relative to the printing of dollars, so I'm guessing that it's less accurate to say that gold's value is 'increasing', than to say that the dollar's value is plummeting, right?)

nobody's_hero
11-04-2010, 04:19 PM
If I had $300 and was wondering what to buy with it, I'd go down to my local coin shop and buy some junk 90% silver coins.

The closest thing we have to that around here is a pawn shop (some carry coins). I might go shopping this weekend. I admit I've been a fool and never really started thinking about purchasing PM's until now (I had hoped I could finish college before the bottom fell out, but I'm not sure we can keep this illusion going for another two years).

LibertyEagle
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
A lot of folks order from here, http://www.apmex.com/, but they charge for delivery. If I were you, I'd check out your pawn shop. You could also buy a few silver American Eagles if your pawn shop has them. Maybe there is a larger town close to you that has some coin shops.

nobody's_hero
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
No one wants to speculate with me on the first part?

$600 Billion at the same time as the election. It's like Bernanke knows he's overdoing it and wants a storm to hit us before the next election. I just can't figure out if he wants it to happen on the democrat's watch, or republican's watch. I mean, which of his servants is he going to sacrifice?

Meatwasp
11-04-2010, 05:00 PM
something strange is happening to our small jewelry business. We are getting silver orders from foreign countries. England always ordered but now we get orders from Germany, Australia, Czech. Belgian Italy and many other countries. I wonder if they know something we don't? Any answers?

awake
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
The bear is sobering up , add more drugging, pronto. This will be the 2nd installment in a series of administered shocks to restart the happy wagon, thing is, the drugs aren't having the desired result.

Everyone now is questioning the existence and purpose of the Fed. That kind of loss in public opinion is devastating. If the Democrats, ala Obama, and the Fed itself have any chance in 2012, it will be with restarting a boom ASAP.

torchbearer
11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I always love schiff's drug refences when talking about the economy.
The economy has been on a meth binge for awhile... i mean, up for 2 weeks straight. it is seeing things that aren't there.... its gone completely psycho... and all more meth does is kill.
eventually the body will fail.

awake
11-04-2010, 05:21 PM
There is a whole labyrinth of mistakenly invested capital and resources that need to be liquidated. Creating money to continually keep these mistakes on life support is what will prolong the depression.

When interest rates rise you are going to see some major problems.