PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Poll: Ron Paul at 5% for 2012 GOP Primary

RonPaulFanInGA
11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/november_2010/gop_voters_like_three_candidates_best_for_2012

Asked who they would vote for if the Republican presidential primary were held today, 20% say Romney, 19% Huckabee and another 19% Palin.....House Speaker Newt Gingrich (13%), Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty (6%), Texas Congressman Ron Paul (5%) and Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels (3%). Seven percent (7%) prefer some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) are undecided.

RonPaulCult
11-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Wow - that seems quite low :(

SilentBull
11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Republicans will never learn.

HOLLYWOOD
11-04-2010, 12:24 PM
NEOCON establishment POLSTER: RASMUSSEN

trey4sports
11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
We are running an educational campaign, but we can still do a lot of good

RonPaulFanInGA
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
We are running an educational campaign

Is "educational" code for 'losing'?

It's time for Ron Paul to run to win.

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow - that seems quite low :(
Compare it to this time in 2006, and you'll discover it's about 1500% higher than it was! :D

Remember he only averaged by about 9% last time in the election?

So if we are starting out at 5% this early imagine how far we can go!

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Do you think that Ron Paul lost in 2008? :confused:

RonPaulFanInGA
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM

Yes. Of course Ron Paul lost. As a result: America was stuck with McCain and Obama as their only viable choices in November 2008.

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes. Of course Ron Paul lost. As a result: America was stuck with McCain and Obama as their only viable choices in November 2008.
Let me rephrase it, do you think his goal was to win in 2008?

Romulus
11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Name recognition = Priceless. ;)

DjLoTi
11-04-2010, 01:22 PM

yes

yes

yes

no

Epic
11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
CNN just gave him 7% for 2012.

We're going to have to campaign CREATIVELY.

rich34
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Rand needs to herd in the teaparty movement since he's being labeled by the media as it's figure head. Once Rand has em in his pocket that's when he needs to come out and throw his support behind his father and explain to these people why he's the ONLY candidate that can get the job done!

Come on Rand!! Do it, you have all the collateral in the world right now!

JohnEngland
11-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Rand needs to herd in the teaparty movement since he's being labeled by the media as it's figure head. Once Rand has em in his pocket that's when he needs to come out and throw his support behind his father and explain to these people why he's the ONLY candidate that can get the job done!

Come on Rand!! Do it, you have all the collateral in the world right now!

Which is another reason Rand should write a book soon:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267210

rp08orbust
11-04-2010, 01:36 PM
This is the first national poll I've seen where Ron Paul is lower than 5th place.

ItsTime
11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
McCain was in about the same place wasnt he? Ron needs to hire Rands people and play to win.

nate895
11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
McCain was in about the same place wasnt he? Ron needs to hire Rands people and play to win.

I though Rand hired most of Ron's people?

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
F. u. c. k the GOP.

http://unfilterednewsnetwork.com/images/newgop_logo2sm_b.jpg

http://leveeblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/gop-bankrupt-republicans.jpg?w=650&h=200

We of Liberty openly declare ourselves!

http://nyletterpress.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/ron-march-march-picture.jpg

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Asked who they would vote for if the Republican presidential primary were held today, 20% say Romney, 19% Huckabee and another 19% Palin.....House Speaker Newt Gingrich (13%)

Does it surprise any one that these clowns are the top contenders?

DjLoTi
11-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Giuliani

ItsTime
11-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Yes/No In this climate they should NOT be at the top, all are big government progressives and we need to run ads to make sure people know it!

surf
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
we need the tea party to come to terms with being a small gov't pro-peace party. the Rs will go along for the ride if the tea party tells them this is the way to go.

pissed-off "independent" peace activists will join us for the ride.

Fozz
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Ron Paul isn't going to be president. He could do a lot for our country if he chairs the monetary policy subcommittee, and can grow this movement by running again for president, but he has WAY too much baggage to win.

Todd
11-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Yes it was. I'm sure Ron felt there was other reasons to do so, but his goal was to win.

low preference guy
11-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Ron Paul isn't going to be president. He could do a lot for our country if he chairs the monetary policy subcommittee, and can grow this movement by running again for president, but he has WAY too much baggage to win.

ok Nostradamus

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes/No In this climate they should NOT be at the top, all are big government progressives and we need to run ads to make sure people know it!

Sad isn't it? That an overwhelming majority of people either don't know it, are comfortable with it, vote along strict party affiliations. But still the fact that the top contenders are the very criminals who cut the public's flesh, fry it, feed it to them and expect gratitude says a whole lot about the kind of folks who are the mainstay of the GOP currently.
You know things are really shit bottom when the Dem. Party looks less vile and honest about their traditional pregressive platform.

Brett85
11-04-2010, 01:58 PM
They should include Rand in the poll rather than Ron just to see if he gets a higher percentage.

Bern
11-04-2010, 02:01 PM
If (When) Ron runs again, he needs to emphasize a practical (ie. baby steps) platform if he wants to win support from the majority of voters. One of the biggest problems that occurred in the 2008 campaign after the money bomb put him in serious contention was that he was educating people about the issues and talking about the end goals and not articulating the transitioning steps that he had published on his campaign website. People thought he was too extreme because of it.

$.02

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM

O ye who talketh in tangents...

I like your socratic method.

Ron knows his calling, and has worked his ass off for it. He is a winner. He has already won.

trey4sports
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Ron will do great things for this country, and expand our movement widely in 2012.

moostraks
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
They are all about marginalizing him again. From my sporadic listening to the radio the last few days he has become the elephant in the room again. For his sake I hope he maintains an educator position because the stakes are to high imo for tptb to allow him to be a serious contender. I worry for him...

Anti Federalist
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't give a frog's fat ass if he polls at zero.

If he's willing, then I'm all in myself: rip, shit or bust, and straight to hell with any grousers and naysayers. He can run whatever type of campaign he wants, he's earned that right, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm about the most doom and gloom, hard bitten, cynical asshole I know, and if I can get excited about another Ron Paul run, with no reservations or equivocation, then anybody should be able to.

Ron Paul 2012!!!

anaconda
11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Seems odd since I think he won slightly more than 5% even in 2008.

starless
11-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I'd rather see Gary Johnson run. Ron is simply too old and shrill for the ridiculously superficial and shallow electorate to get behind.

SWATH
11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
It doesn't matter if you think he can't win, when he runs, you get your ass behind him with everything you've got.

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
It doesn't matter if you think he can't win, when he runs, you get your ass behind him with everything you've got.

++++++++++++++++REP!!

gem.

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 04:53 PM

If he's willing, then I'm all in myself: rip, shit or bust, and straight to hell with any grousers and naysayers. He can run whatever type of campaign he wants, he's earned that right, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm about the most doom and gloom, hard bitten, cynical asshole I know, and if I can get excited about another Ron Paul run, with no reservations or equivocation, then anybody should be able to.

Ron Paul 2012!!!

LOL

added to +rep

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 04:58 PM
After deep contemplation and conflict and lip biting I registered myself as a Republican a week b4 these midterms, (switched from Libertarian)...just for the sake of Ron Paul and the forth coming primaries (in hopes he runs) 2012.
If he does not....

Sentient Void
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
*Everyone* watch this. It's basically lampooning the spirit of the internet, the popular memes of the time and how it's full of trolls, and sums the internet up in a nutshell.

internet zeitgeist turned into an awesome song FTW!

Why am I posting this? it's absolutely relevant to this discussion. I suggest you watch the whole thing from the beginning, but the focus is around 1:18 in! ;D

Some of you may have already seen it - but for those who haven't, you won't be disappointed!

We Didn't Start the Flame War - CollegeHumor video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543)

bolidew
11-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Telephone poll doesn't matter too much. Let's win every straw poll to grab headlines, but more importantly, start working on IOWA and N.H. !

Agorism
11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't like this talk of Johnson right now.

CPAC is looming, and we need to mobilize fast for Paul 2012.

tremendoustie
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I didn't think my opinion of average Americans' political intelligence was high enough for it to be possible for them to disappoint me. I was wrong. The fact that he can be at 5% after the last couple years we've lived through is mind boggling.

oyarde
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I didn't think my opinion of average Americans' political intelligence was low enough for it to be possible for them to disappoint me. I was wrong. The fact that he can be at 5% after the last couple years we've lived through is mind boggling.

I thought that too , but maybe it is the percent that really know him .

WilliamShrugged
11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
As I find this sad, i'm still very optimistic on his chances. Two yrs ago i was in high school, and didn't understand or educate myself on things like Austrian economics(which im still learning) and the Constitution. I ended up voting for Guiliani in the primaries and McCain(to counter Obama). Now, I will never vote for anyone that doesn't understand liberty or economics in a election. This time, I will vote for Ron. But i am not alone. For some time I've been trying to show my fellow youth what true liberty and economic freedom is. In person it is working i have tons of new RP supporters, however through youtube its a challenge.

LibertyVox
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
As I find this sad, i'm still very optimistic on his chances. Two yrs ago i was in high school, and didn't understand or educate myself on things like Austrian economics(which im still learning) and the Constitution. I ended up voting for Guiliani in the primaries and McCain(to counter Obama). Now, I will never vote for anyone that doesn't understand liberty or economics in a election. This time, I will vote for Ron. But i am not alone. For some time I've been trying to show my fellow youth what true liberty and economic freedom is. In person it is working i have tons of new RP supporters, however through youtube its a challenge.

Goodluck! :)

Golding
11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
NEOCON establishment POLSTER: RASMUSSENMaybe, but I've found them fairly accurate.

2young2vote
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Ron Did a great job in 2008 educating people. He educated thousands and maybe even millions of people and that right there is a success. But it is obviously only a drop in the bucket as you can tell by all of the polls. A majority of people simply don't care and vote for who looks the best, and those people are the reason he polls so low. They tend to think using emotions rather than logic. That is why, when i talk and debate with people, i try to make the logical sound emotional and that seems to work.

CoreyBowen999
11-04-2010, 07:35 PM

Welcome to the movement (even if im late)

LibertyVox
11-05-2010, 12:31 AM
^ He's right, ya'all gotta watch and post your comments for this!

We Didn't Start the Flame War - CollegeHumor video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543)

Matt Collins
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
*Everyone* watch this. It's basically lampooning the spirit of the internet, the popular memes of the time and how it's full of trolls, and sums the internet up in a nutshell.

internet zeitgeist turned into an awesome song FTW!

Why am I posting this? it's absolutely relevant to this discussion. I suggest you watch the whole thing from the beginning, but the focus is around 1:18 in! ;D

Some of you may have already seen it - but for those who haven't, you won't be disappointed!

Best Video EVER!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

johnrocks
11-05-2010, 09:56 AM
5% seems low but that is twice what it was two years ago,lol. If it can get to 10% by the start of primary season, I will be VERY happy and excited.

Fredom101
11-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Compare it to this time in 2006, and you'll discover it's about 1500% higher than it was! :D

Remember he only averaged by about 9% last time in the election?

So if we are starting out at 5% this early imagine how far we can go!

1500% higher is nice, but even this will not win RP an election.
In order for RP to win, you have to change people's minds about the very idea of government. Most people that vote are voting to GET something. They hear RP talk about slashing everything and all they think is he's an extremist who would take away their government goodies.

Ireland4Liberty
11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Rons run in 2008 affected me! I will never be the same. Thank you Ron. Another run especially in this climate could have a monumental affect on the populace.

Remember Obama was an unknown coming into the election and look at what his political machine did. This time around people will be more responsive to the message of liberty after being fooled by false 'idols'.

Meatwasp
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM

Ron Paul 2012!!!

Ditto kiddo

Bern
11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
... In order for RP to win, you have to change people's minds about the very idea of government. Most people that vote are voting to GET something. ...

Voting to get a stable foundation for economic prosperity will probably be sounding really great come 2012.