PDA

View Full Version : New Fed Meeting on Jekll Island

Vessol
11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the secret meeting in 1910 on Jekll Island that established the Federal Reserve, numerous Fed presidents and other members will be attending. Nothing good can come out of this, especially considering the new measure of 'quantative easing" they just put in.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/11/fed-at-jekyll-island-theyre-baaack.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703506904575592471354774194.html?m od=WSJ_hp_LEADNewsCollection

The elections have made a complete smokescreen of this in the news.

Vessol
11-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Seriously guys?

Are you all that caught up in the stupid fucking elections that this isn't a big thing?

The Fed just announced a second round of quantitative easing(printing unlimited money) and I haven't heard a peep on these forums about it.

AuH20
11-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Seriously guys?

Are you all that caught up in the stupid fucking elections that this isn't a big thing?

The Fed just announced a second round of quantitative easing(printing unlimited money) and I haven't heard a peep on these forums about it.

It's plastered all over the economic sub-forum. People are obviously not happy.

11-04-2010, 10:54 PM
....I'm buying more silver...

EvilEngineer
11-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Where is a good old B-52 to carpet bomb the island when you need it... oh yeah... Iraq and Afghanistan.

jclay2
11-05-2010, 12:26 AM
....I'm buying more silver...

might want to wait, silver has been on a tear and is due for some type of a short term correction.

justinc.1089
11-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Can you guys explain to me how to buy gold and silver?

Sorry if thats a stupid question, but I have no experience with doing hardly anything geared toward saving money since I'm a broke 21 year old college student. I want to start building up my gold and silver once I graduate soon though, so I hope someone will explain what you guys mean when you say buying gold and silver. I'm guessing some kind of pure gold and silver, but in what form? Coins or something? Because I'm under the impression just raw bulk gold and silver is illegal for people to stockpile... but maybe I misunderstand that?

I just don't trust banks or the stock market much, or the dollar itself either, so I want some way to protect my savings. Maybe I need to go make a post in the economic forums I suppose... but anyway I'm wondering what you guys mean exactly you're doing when you say you're buying gold and silver.

Probably a stupid question, but like I said I'm a broke 21 year old college student so I really have zero knowledge about stuff like this, although ironically I understand economics decently from reading on Mises.org almost everyday lol.

justinc.1089
11-05-2010, 02:54 AM
might want to wait, silver has been on a tear and is due for some type of a short term correction.

I was figuring it would keep going up at least another month or two, how long are you thinking it will keep going up? And won't the time it spends going down not last that long anyway?

purplechoe
11-05-2010, 03:00 AM
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/004/Graph/260907fedres_dees.jpg

justinc.1089
11-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Oh yeah...

S**T!

They're meeting at Jekyl Island again?

That can't be good! They may be planning a push to give more power to the IMF or something like that...

Or on the positive side maybe they're meeting out of concern over momentum being on our side at the moment?

(Not necessarily talking about Tea Party candidates, although maybe, they're "iffy," but I certainly am talking about Rand, etc...).