PDA

View Full Version : Joe Miller Discusses the Alaska Senate Race with Neil Cavuto

Zatch
11-04-2010, 10:07 AM
YouTube - Joe Miller Discusses the Alaska Senate Race with Neil Cavuto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yt71eCuvEA)

Zatch
11-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Some of the write ins may be retarded Joe Miller supporters:

Associated Press
Lt Gov: 'Joe Miller' write-ins won't go to GOP nom
By BECKY BOHRER , 11.03.10, 10:40 AM EDT

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Write-in votes for Joe Miller in the Alaska Senate race won't count toward the GOP nominee's tally.

So says Lt. Gov. Craig Campbell.

Campbell, who oversees elections, tells The Associated Press that because Miller's name isn't on the official list of write-in candidates, any ballots with "Joe Miller" written in won't be credited to the tea party favorite.

Some conservatives urged Alaskans to qualify as write-ins to highlight what they considered Sen. Lisa Murkowski's disruptive attempt to keep her job.

Murkowski ran as a write-in after losing the GOP primary to Miller. She was among 160 qualified candidates.

Write-ins held 41 percent of the vote with 99 percent of precincts reporting. Miller had 34 percent.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/11/03/general-us-alaska-senate_8071445.html?boxes=Homepagebusinessnews

MRoCkEd
11-04-2010, 10:14 AM
17% of the write-ins need to be thrown out for Joe Miller to win.

=\

silverhandorder
11-04-2010, 10:21 AM

=\

If it is the harsh rules shouldn't that be very possible?

Theocrat
11-04-2010, 10:21 AM
He better not lose to the likes of Lisa Murkowski.

Zatch
11-04-2010, 10:33 AM

=\

A lot of the absentee votes that haven't been counted are military. I think he will have a high percentage of those.

akforme
11-04-2010, 10:36 AM
if they use "intent" of the voter I don't see how they could then disqualify Joe write in's. Although I'm sure they will but then intent means nothing because it's only if you do it like they tell you.

I felt like writing in None of the above,