PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid Says he can Work With Rand Paul

bobbyw24
11-04-2010, 08:39 AM
In a rare, live television interview, a visibly weary Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who handily won reelection in a hard-fought race against a Tea Party candidate, said he's ready now to work with Republicans, including those from the upstart, grassroots movement that nearly brought him down.

"We've got to start working together...Legislation's the art of compromise," Reid told Today Show host Merideth Vierra.

The Leader said he watched Tea Party Republican Rand Paul's victory speech Tuesday night, after the ophthalmologist won his seat in Kentucky, and when asked if he could work with the maverick who holds views diametrically opposite of the leader, Reid readily said, "Oh sure I can. I have no problem with him at all," though he laced his comments with a bit of a warning for his conservative colleague. "No matter how strong you feel as an individual, we have to work together as a unit."

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/11/03/reid-can-work-rand-paul-can-republicans#ixzz14KCqdJ7r

Bern
11-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Paraphrasing... "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

malkusm
11-04-2010, 08:44 AM
"Legislation is the art of compromise."

Speak for yourself.... :mad:

Sola_Fide
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Compromise is why we live under a tyranny right now.

Michigan11
11-04-2010, 08:49 AM
LOL Harry Reid... GTFO

The Revolution is coming... step aside

bobbyw24
11-04-2010, 08:49 AM
LOL Harry Reid... GTFO

The Revolution is coming... step aside

Sooner than later I trust