PDA

View Full Version : If you want to be a precinct captain post here!

denvervoipguru
11-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Time to crank the machine back into high gear teams!!

Let's get this party started.

http://www.revolutionarsenal.com/2012ronpaul.jpg

w2992
11-04-2010, 08:30 AM
This is the answer. Just take over half the 3141 county chairs and the 180,000 precinct chairs.
Sounds like big numbers but not compared to 300,000,000 voters

Elwar
11-04-2010, 09:08 AM
We only need 220 or so electors for each party. 440 people to decide our next president.

David A. Gay, Sr.
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I am currently a GOP Ward Vice Chair in my city.

Anyway I can help.

I recruited a few people last time around, so, maybe I can do it again.

Cherder
11-04-2010, 09:42 PM
I'll be running for precinct committeeman in 2012, and I advise everyone else to do the same.

Run for delegate and precinct committeeman, change the party leadership, and we will be the ones with the power influence elections, especially at the local level.

Kregisen
11-04-2010, 09:45 PM
What do precinct committeemen do? What kind of influence do they have?

Cherder
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM

I highly recommend reading the entire article below, but here is a quick excerpt.

http://www.eagleforum.org/misc/brochures/precinct-committman.shtml

Powers of the Precinct Committeeman

Friendly access to neighbors. Most people are eager to know more about their government and the people who run it. When you introduce yourself as their "Republican Precinct Committeeman," they assume you have something to say. You can provide them with information on candidates and issues. Of course, you don't waste your time on those who would rather get their information from the Precinct Committeeman of the other Party.

Respect from elected officials. Since a Precinct Committeeman represents, on average, 500 voters, and has the power to vote for other Party officials and to make endorsements of candidates, any call or letter from a Precinct Committeeman gets the attention of elected officials.

Launching pad for other offices. You would be amazed at how many of our Presidents, Senators, Congressmen, and state and local officials started as Precinct Committeemen, and still serve as Precinct Committeemen even though they hold a higher elected office. That's because they know the power of a Precinct Committeeman.

Direct influence over Party Platform, policies, and selection of candidates. At state, district, county, and township caucuses and conventions, the Precinct Committeeman is an active player. He can have a tremendous influence on the adoption of the Party Platform and policies, support of or opposition to issues, and selection of candidates.

Thomas
11-04-2010, 10:08 PM
yep

Kregisen
11-05-2010, 12:59 AM
I highly recommend reading the entire article below, but here is a quick excerpt.

http://www.eagleforum.org/misc/brochures/precinct-committman.shtml

Good read. Thank you.

Jodi
11-05-2010, 10:20 AM

I am a precinct committee person in Gray County in Kansas. This year since Huelskamp was elected to US Congress, the precinct committee people will elect his replacement in the Kansas Senate. When I decided to run for this position I really thought it was a GOTV but in years like this one it definitely has alot more importance.

Cherder
11-05-2010, 01:52 PM
I am a precinct committee person in Gray County in Kansas. This year since Huelskamp was elected to US Congress, the precinct committee people will elect his replacement in the Kansas Senate. When I decided to run for this position I really thought it was a GOTV but in years like this one it definitely has alot more importance.

Indeed. I know of an instance where 3 precinct committeeman were responsible for the election of a city councilman.

Precinct Committeeman = power

Deborah K
11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Really, really happy to see this! Posting it in my ideas thread.

libertygrl
11-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Here's another excellent resource I just stumbled upon:

The Precinct Project's Blog

http://theprecinctproject.wordpress.com/category/becoming-a-precinct-committeeman-step-by-step/

libertybrewcity
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I am young, but I live in a wealthy northern virginia county. I was scared to even ask the Republican committee about becoming a precinct captain. Turns out they replied, asked about what kind of political future I wanted, said they had openings for precinct captains, and then told me to call them. If they don't email you back, email them again and then call them. If you still can't get a hold of them then go in and talk to them. They want people to participate. Don't let them boss you around and convince you to just do an "internship". You will end up filing papers. Precinct person or bust!

reduen
02-16-2011, 05:07 PM
If possible, you really should do something about the title of this thread. This position is not called "precinct captain" in all states. It is called simply a committeeman here in Arkansas. When people here in this state try to research the term precinct captain or something like it, this only confuses them. I went through this in 2007/2008 and I could get nowhere because nobody in my state knew what I was talking about when I inquired about being a "precinct captain".

I am now County Chairman on the local Republican Party and District Committeeman and County Election Commissioner. What we call "precinct captains" (and this is only in some counties really) is just somebody we put in charge of each precinct to promote our candidates and such. They do not even have a vote on the committee... Hope this helps.