PDA

View Full Version : Debra Medina and Peter Schiff 2012 starts NOW!

itshappening
11-04-2010, 04:50 AM
These two need to be RPF's primary senate focus for 2012

Don't dilute our support and organization or waste it on candidates who cannot win.

Medina can win a primary using her established name recognition and support from her bid as governor. If she wins she is a lock for the next Senator from Texas.

Peter Schiff can win a primary using his established name recognition and support from his run in the last US Senate GOP primary where he finished a respectable 2nd in many counties relegating an establishment Republican "moderate" and former elected official Rob Simmons to third place. Simmons would be one of his only possible challengers especially if Foley is elected governor.

Schiff's path to victory is more difficult in a General as CT loves job killing Democrats but in a three way race with Lieberman he can do it and in a two way race he will be facing a likely washingon insider and Democrat Congressman

What do you all think? I am sure more possible candidates will emerge but they need to be GOOD and SOLID candidates in winnable races.

Odin
11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I bet you Lieberman will try to switch parties to Republican. He'll never win the Dem primary and he's not popular enough with independents to run 3rd party.

Hopefully Peter Schiff wins the Rep nomination and Lieberman runs independent.

HOLLYWOOD
11-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Rick Perry was on FOX BUSINESS this morning... I swear, if you closed your eyes, you would think Perry morphed himself into Debra Medina.

Political Populist Cameleons... I dispise these parasites like Perry.

Now back to regularly posted thread

FrankRep
11-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Debra Medina needs to run for State Representative, not President.

Jordan
11-04-2010, 12:27 PM

And Schiff needs to run for state Rep, not Senate.

trey4sports
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Schiff would never settle for a state seat. That's not his interest and he has too high of a profile to be a state senator. It would be a step down for him

Bergie Bergeron
11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
PPP about Peter Schiff in a 3 way race with a Dem and Lieberman: http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/10/connecticut-down-on-lieberman.html

Keep in mind Peter Schiff's name ID is about 50% in the state.

JohnEngland
11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
How about we just have Peter Schiff run for president in 2012, so that when people watch the primary debates, everyone can hear a real economist schooling the country on the situation.

Besides, Peter is a born leader anyway. He runs is own businesses, has a radio show, is VERY charismatic etc. It would be entertaining at the very least!

Bern
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Medina could definitely beat Hutchison (assuming she runs again) in 2012. She was bleeding Hutchison's support in the primary for the Governorship. She would need to overcome the whole Beck/truther fiasco though if she wants the majority of Texans' votes.

teamrican1
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Medina could definitely beat Hutchison (assuming she runs again) in 2012. She was bleeding Hutchison's support in the primary for the Governorship. She would need to overcome the whole Beck/truther fiasco though if she wants the majority of Texans' votes.

The establishment would love nothing better than to have Medina take a Senate seat. She's the leading politician on the issue of nullification and interposition. Putting her in the Senate is like putting Aquaman in the desert. Medina needs to run for Governor, not Senator. And after that she can become the sixth President of the Republic of Texas.

Jeremy
11-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I bet you Lieberman will try to switch parties to Republican. He'll never win the Dem primary and he's not popular enough with independents to run 3rd party.

Hopefully Peter Schiff wins the Rep nomination and Lieberman runs independent.

I would love to beat Lieberman in the Republican primary. He will lose bad. He has no chance of winning! He's done!

Even the people who now run the CT for Lieberman party say they oppose Lieberman and will run somebody else lol.

Jeremy
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
The establishment would love nothing better than to have Medina take a Senate seat. She's the leading politician on the issue of nullification and interposition. Putting her in the Senate is like putting Aquaman in the desert. Medina needs to run for Governor, not Senator. And after that she can become the sixth President of the Republic of Texas.

She opposes secession.

I don't know about the other non-Texans, but I don't really care about the governor of Texas. I'd rather have them all run at the federal level!

jabf2006
11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Peter's obviously gearing up for a 2012 senate run. He pretty much said it after he lost the primary. Listening to his new radio show, he's a lot more focused on CT than ever and big on reforming the Republican Party in CT. The new radio show is going to serve as a vehicle for Schiff to grow his name recognition the next two years.

To me its obvious what's going on; there shouldn't be a debate about what he "should do" when its obvious what he's going to. People should get on board and ride the train or get out of the way.

JohnEngland
11-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Peter's obviously gearing up for a 2012 senate run. He pretty much said it after he lost the primary. Listening to his new radio show, he's a lot more focused on CT than ever and big on reforming the Republican Party in CT. The new radio show is going to serve as a vehicle for Schiff to grow his name recognition the next two years.

To me its obvious what's going on; there shouldn't be a debate about what he "should do" when its obvious what he's going to. People should get on board and ride the train or get out of the way.

I think you're right.

So what should the plan be? We don't have to worry about funding any Rand Paul re-election campaign, so should our resources be spent on getting another liberty senator, ie Schiff, installed?

jabf2006
11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I think you're right.

So what should the plan be? We don't have to worry about funding any Rand Paul re-election campaign, so should our resources be spent on getting another liberty senator, ie Schiff, installed?

No idea. I'm Canadian and we're suffering our own problems :).

You have to wait and see really. There is definitely going to be a liberty candidate for president and most of the focus of the liberty grassroots will be going to him, there is no doubt.

Schiff will depend on local support he built during the previous campaign and his own pocketbook.

Pericles
11-04-2010, 02:13 PM

This - she needs to rehab her image - just the way the media circus is.

Jordan
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Schiff would never settle for a state seat. That's not his interest and he has too high of a profile to be a state senator. It would be a step down for him

Then he can enjoy losing perpetually.

Southron
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Exactly. Hopefully, she is not too proud to reject this idea.

Bergie Bergeron
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Debra can do it.