PDA

View Full Version : Ron's eyes teared up last night

Matt Collins
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
No one else got to see this except for my video guy unfortunately.

We did a live video feed (via Skype - ugh) from TX to KY at Ron's celebration party. We had a camera going back to TX with a feed from Rand's celebration party. Ron introduced Rand on the screen and then Rand's boys played and Rand walked out onstage.

Once Rand took the stage our big screens switched over from Skype to the live camera view of the room so that everyone could get a view of Rand giving his speech. My video guy told me that at this time Ron started to smile, and then chuckled a little bit, and then his eyes started to tear up. My friend was sitting there thinking to himself "I am the only guy in the world getting to see Ron's reaction to all of this" :o

What a moment....

The One
11-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Ron Paul cries tears of Fiji water.

AdamT
11-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Incredible story. Just wow.

Draco33
11-03-2010, 11:12 PM

I've heard much like Chuck Norris they also cure cancer. :D

Sola_Fide
11-03-2010, 11:18 PM
My eyes just teared up a little:)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I certainly don't blame him. I cannot imagine a prouder moment as a Father but I suspect those tears went beyond just seeing his Son announced as a Senator. It had to feel so good to just see what was happening last night and the fact that his Son was in on it was probably just the icing on the cake. Maybe he was just envisioning the future and it probably looked like this.

http://www.usnews.com/dbimages/master/12199/GR_PR_090807whispers-RonPaulBETTER.jpg

Dripping Rain
11-03-2010, 11:22 PM
:(
Bless the Good Doc
Im so happy for him. :)
btw Matt when will you get Dr. Robert Paul to run for something?

Matt Collins
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
btw Matt when will you get Dr. Robert Paul to run for something?I don't know him :p

TheTyke
11-04-2010, 04:30 AM
I was crying when Ron delivered his message... and for once, instead of addressing an empty room in congress, all the GOP had to sit and listen to it. I could see them warming up to it by the end... Ron & Rand have truly done something spectacular. Our views have a platform like never before.

Tal
11-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Yeah I imagine it has been very hard for him to keep that beacon of liberty burning in Washington while everyone else was betraying freedom, I think it has been a huge relief for him to see that his philosophy is finally gaining traction again in the US.

Imaginos
11-04-2010, 08:14 AM

We did a live video feed (via Skype - ugh) from TX to KY at Ron's celebration party. We had a camera going back to TX with a feed from Rand's celebration party. Ron introduced Rand on the screen and then Rand's boys played and Rand walked out onstage.

Once Rand took the stage our big screens switched over from Skype to the live camera view of the room so that everyone could get a view of Rand giving his speech. My video guy told me that at this time Ron started to smile, and then chuckled a little bit, and then his eyes started to tear up. My friend was sitting there thinking to himself "I am the only guy in the world getting to see Ron's reaction to all of this" :o

What a moment....
Thanks for sharing the story!
By the way, what song Rand's sons play?
Was it one of Rush's?

malkusm
11-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for sharing the story!
By the way, what song Rand's sons play?
Was it one of Rush's?

"T-N-T" by AC/DC

UtahApocalypse
11-04-2010, 08:36 AM
This story makes me realize that in 08' Ron Paul did win.....

He won us, our hearts, our souls and we will help him take our country back!

koob
11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
This story makes me realize that in 08' Ron Paul did win.....

He won us, our hearts, our souls and we will help him take our country back!

Exactly! Because of Ron ran in '08, we now have Senator Rand!

Michigan11
11-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Exactly! Because of Ron ran in '08, we now have Senator Rand!

and Justin Amash, Glenn Bradley, in fact quite a few others who are riding this movement's coat tails in many ways. Oh and the Federal Reserve is now spoken of almost daily in the media, and Napolitano on his own show.. The list goes on, this movement is growing very nicely. Amazing when you think about it.

I had an Austrian Economist professor back in 93-94' who said all you need is a motivated minority of 5% to influence the rest.. Sort of keeps me going knowing we are about that and an irate minority at that. Keep on pushing people, we can do it.

Jeremy Tyler
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Thats an awesome story. Our movement is going to keep growing. Some say Goldwater lost in 1964, others say he won. It just took 16 years to count the votes. Some say Ron Paul lost in 2008, I think he won, we just don't know how long it's going to take the count the votes...

jmdrake
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM

What a moment....

Please tell me Ron's introduction of Rand will be up on youtube soon.

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Please tell me Ron's introduction of Rand will be up on youtube soon.I am working on that.... :o

georgiaboy
11-04-2010, 03:18 PM
pardon my ignorance, but where was this event located?

Is it: Ron physically in Texas Skyped into Kentucky, and Rand in Kentucky live?

georgiaboy
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
and for once, instead of addressing an empty room in congress, all the GOP had to sit and listen to it. I could see them warming up to it by the end..

Were you in the room? Who do you mean by "all the GOP"? Just curious. This is a moment I want to clearly remember and envision.

Thinking back to the '08 debates makes this all the more poetic.

sailingaway
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Were you in the room? Who do you mean by "all the GOP"? Just curious. This is a moment I want to clearly remember and envision.

Thinking back to the '08 debates makes this all the more poetic.

There were two different events. Rand's victory party, which as the top of the ticket in KY had all the KY establishment GOP and candidates, and in Texas Ron's victory party, which had a skype link to Rand's so people at Ron's could watch Rand's victory speech. Then Ron introduced Rand via skype on a giant screen to Rand's, then Ron sat back at his where he had broadcast to Rand's watching Rand's speech.

Chris Matthews, after watching Rand's speech said Rand was 'the real deal', and 'the raw seed of the hurricane' and 'Goldwater reborn'. Which I thought was pretty nice of Chris Matthews, not that he thought that was necessarily all a good thing....

but Rand's speech was broadcast EVERYWHERE, and is circling the internets now.

georgiaboy
11-04-2010, 03:30 PM
got it - thanks! so great.

TheTyke
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
To elaborate further, the victory party was held at the Sloan Convention Center, where the Republican conventions were held in 2008, and Rand - a duly elected delegate - had not even been allowed to speak.

Furthermore, the KY Chairman, Steve Robertson, who shut down the microphones on the Ron Paul delegates and sent Sergeants at Arms after them, was in attendance (no Steve, I haven't forgotten). In addition to the hard core of liberty supporters, there were GOP leadership and people from all over the state... (possibly 1,000 or so?) and they all got to listen to Ron's broadcast.

I found it quite enjoyable :)

georgiaboy
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
To elaborate further, the victory party was held at the Sloan Convention Center, where the Republican conventions were held in 2008, and Rand - a duly elected delegate - had not even been allowed to speak.

Furthermore, the KY Chairman, Steve Robertson, who shut down the microphones on the Ron Paul delegates and sent Sergeants at Arms after them, was in attendance (no Steve, I haven't forgotten). In addition to the hard core of liberty supporters, there were GOP leadership and people from all over the state... (possibly 1,000 or so?) and they all got to listen to Ron's broadcast.

oh yes, yes, yes.

sailingaway
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM

LOL!! Thanks for the detail! I find that quite enjoyable, as well!

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Furthermore, the KY Chairman, Steve Robertson, who shut down the microphones on the Ron Paul delegates and sent Sergeants at Arms after them, was in attendance (no Steve, I haven't forgotten).I wish I would've known that, I would've said something to him, I stood next to him for like half the night..

lx43
11-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Ron is the most geniune political figure in the country. He's down to earth, humble, tells the truth as he see's it, and sticks to his prinicples despite all the odds against him. Rand's election to the Senate undoubtly made Ron very emotional with his son being elected and I think also because his ideas are becoming more mainstream.

TheTyke
11-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I wish I would've known that, I would've said something to him, I stood next to him for like half the night..

Hope you didn't shake his hand! :D

amisspelledword
11-04-2010, 06:19 PM

sooo much win

Imaginos
11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
"t-n-t" by ac/dc
sweeeeeet!

CableNewsJunkie
11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
It's hard not to get teary-eyed when thinking of the potential this movement has.

If we can get the broader movement to embrace the core intellectualism that fuels it, we'll be unstoppable.

libertybrewcity
11-04-2010, 10:12 PM
ron paul cries tears of fiji water.

haha