PDA

View Full Version : Ron confirms he will chair the sub-committee!

RileyE104
11-03-2010, 08:20 PM
At 13:45 or around that point, he talks about the sub-committee that HE will be chairing.

YouTube - Scoreboard 11 3 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZWhf8ejBrU&feature=player_embedded#)!

sailingaway
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea!!!!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CsDPIVIWcF8/S8MHGpZ-ZnI/AAAAAAAABwc/_Ne2yNsCiYc/s1600/Celebrate.jpg

klamath
11-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes!!!!

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Let's start up again on AUDIT THE FED right away!

BuddyRey
11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
This will probably end up being the greatest thing to come out of last night's elections. I'm in complete shock tonight.

FrankRep
11-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Let's start up again on AUDIT THE FED right away!

Ron and Rand says that's first on their list. Audit the Federal Reserve.

Inkblots
11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
It's happening, people - it's finally happening.

But with the Fed launching QE2, Dr. Paul's characterization of the situation is absolutely correct - we are now in a race. Either the Congress is going to destroy the Fed, or the Fed is going to destroy the dollar - and if we don't move fast, it will be the latter.

legion
11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I wonder if this will have any effect on QE2 decision. We will probably never know for sure.

messana
11-03-2010, 08:58 PM
The Judge was on there too. What an awesome interview!

roho76
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
My only hope is that Ron starts grilling him instead of lecturing to him about what he's doing wrong. Ben knows what he's doing and he doesn't care. Use that power to stop this monstrosity.

nobody's_hero
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Looks like the Fed is preparing another bubble. $600 billion in bonds to force lower interest rates?

No reason for the Fed to do this at this particular moment other than to have waited to see how the elections would turn out. Something tells me that they need time to buy different politicians now that the political winds are shifting again (not that they ever really 'shift).

WilliamShrugged
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I already sent my congressman a email to help ron paul on this.

runningdiz
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
My only hope is that Ron starts grilling him instead of lecturing to him about what he's doing wrong. Ben knows what he's doing and he doesn't care. Use that power to stop this monstrosity.

Ron has been criticized about this many times. He has said that he uses this approach because as soon as you gave Ben or Alan time to speak they will purposely take their time answering a question or avoid answering it to drain time. This is why he used the first 3/4 to read a prepared statement then would ask ben 1 or 2 questions depending on how much time was left.

If he has unlimited time now I am sure his tactics will change.

Inkblots
11-03-2010, 09:10 PM
The Judge makes a very important point. Chairman Paul (I'm going to love saying that!) needs to use his power to issue subpoenas duces tecum to important Fed officials. In this way he could try to force the Fed to open its books without needing to deal with Pres. Obama vetoing his legislative attempts to enact an audit of the Fed.

And if (when) the Fed ignores it, take them to court, and let all Americans see the Federal Reserve fighting publicly to keep the people in the dark!

Matt Collins
11-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Did Ron get a new tie? I haven't seen him wear that one before.

purplechoe
11-03-2010, 09:24 PM
http://dailybail.com/storage/GeithnerBernankeTakePartUnveilingNewZ4bTaqGtFWKl.j pg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1283187624087

amy31416
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Holy crap....

sailingaway
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
The Judge makes a very important point. Chairman Paul (I'm going to love saying that!) needs to use his power to issue subpoenas duces tecum to important Fed officials. In this way he could try to force the Fed to open its books without needing to deal with Pres. Obama vetoing his legislative attempts to enact an audit of the Fed.

And if (when) the Fed ignores it, take them to court, and let all Americans see the Federal Reserve fighting publicly to keep the people in the dark!

I wish like HELL the judge had shut up about this. If Ron doesn't get the committee at the last minute I'm sure this will be why.

We have to make sure Ron is the only possible choice.

Bruno
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
If the GOP wants to embrace the Tea Party movement and the ideas of small government, fiscal responsibility, and end to the bailouts, and free markets, they will not be able to ignore the influence of Ron in the House chairing this committee and Rand in the Senate. At least not without looking disengenous.

legion
11-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I wonder if this will have any effect on QE2 decision. We will probably never know for sure.

600 billion. More than I thought it would be. Nevermind. Now... I wish I didn't put so much into cash... should have stayed in my stocks.

tremendoustie
11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Chairman Paul needs to put a whoppin' on bernanke. Lots of really pointed questions and subpoenas. I know you won't fail us now Ron, let's have a one man audit!

revolutionary8
11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Is this the sub-committee he is speaking of?

Spratt, the House Budget Committee chairman, struck out in South Carolina Tuesday night as well in a district that has not elected a Republican congressman in over 100 years. Republican state senator Mick Mulvaney defeated the long-time congressman by labeling him a big spender and loyal minion of the Obama/Pelosi machine.
http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/03/republicans-topple-committee-chairs/

If so, please tell me we planned this. :D

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I hope someone starts knocking heads together!!!

Inkblots
11-03-2010, 10:20 PM

It's nice that Spratt went down, but no, we're not talking about the Budget Committee. Dr. Paul is in line to chair the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, which is a subcommittee of the Financial Services Committee.

nobody's_hero
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM

I doubt it was planned. Democrats took a beating in the South.

For example, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports about Georgia:

For the first time since Reconstruction the state is poised to have no statewide-elected Democrats. (http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/georgia-election-gop-rides-714415.html)

revolutionary8
11-03-2010, 10:24 PM
It's nice that Spratt went down, but no, we're not talking about the Budget Committee. Dr. Paul is in line to chair the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, which is a subcommittee of the Financial Services Committee.

Thank you. :)
Would you (or anyone else) happen to know the committee that they dissolved when Ron was up for chair?

Inkblots
11-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Thank you. :)
Would you (or anyone else) happen to know the committee that they dissolved when Ron was up for chair?

In order to keep Ron Paul from having seniority, they merged the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy with the Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy.

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Ron Paul 2012

nate895
11-03-2010, 10:50 PM
In order to keep Ron Paul from having seniority, they merged the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy with the Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy.

To be fair, that does sound like two redundant committees. Domestic monetary policy is inextricable linked to international monetary policy.

Inkblots
11-03-2010, 10:55 PM
To be fair, that does sound like two redundant committees. Domestic monetary policy is inextricable linked to international monetary policy.

You might think so, but they've since split them again. Now they have Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology (Ron's subcommittee) as well as International Monetary Policy and Trade.

Ninja Homer
11-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I wish like HELL the judge had shut up about this. If Ron doesn't get the committee at the last minute I'm sure this will be why.

We have to make sure Ron is the only possible choice.

When Ron was the lone voice in Washington, they could pull shenanigans like this and you'd hardly hear a squeak about it. Now that Ron has some friends in the House (and Senate) on his side, they can call a joint press conference, shine the spotlight on it, and paint a target on the offender's back. Yeah... shit just got a lot more serious.

Sola_Fide
11-03-2010, 10:58 PM
At 13:45 or around that point, he talks about the sub-committee that HE will be chairing.

YouTube - Scoreboard 11 3 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZWhf8ejBrU&feature=player_embedded#)!

RPF, watch this video and get excited!!!

militant
11-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Ron has been criticized about this many times. He has said that he uses this approach because as soon as you gave Ben or Alan time to speak they will purposely take their time answering a question or avoid answering it to drain time. This is why he used the first 3/4 to read a prepared statement then would ask ben 1 or 2 questions depending on how much time was left.

Makes sense, and I hope he does adjust now. This was a good post, thanks.

Lord Xar
11-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I mentioned this to my brother and his first words were "oh my god, he is gonna be killed". I hate to be a downer, but this is NOT what the FED wants.

I am VERY happy at him saying he will Chair it, but I am nervous.

Fozz
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
This is more exciting than Rand's victory.

Sola_Fide
11-03-2010, 11:57 PM
This is more exciting than Rand's victory.

I agree...but it couldn't have happened without Rand's victory either.

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM
they will not be able to ignore the influence of Ron in the House chairing this committee and Rand in the Senate. At least not without looking disengenous.Since when did that stop them from doing anything? :rolleyes:
:(:(:(:(:(

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 12:54 AM
WOW!

That host really knows his stuff. The Judge is the only other host on TV that understands the Fed the way that guy does.

It's amazing that just 2 years ago the Fed was a taboo topic, and now we are doing 14 minute intelligent segments on it.

Philhelm
11-04-2010, 12:57 AM
I mentioned this to my brother and his first words were "oh my god, he is gonna be killed". I hate to be a downer, but this is NOT what the FED wants.

At risk of violating the forum's rules, if Ron Paul were to be assassinated, I would automatically rebel, and use every resource, including my military training, at my disposal. I would go absolutely ballistic, and would consider it a call to arms.

Philhelm
11-04-2010, 12:58 AM
WOW!

That host really knows his stuff. The Judge is the only other host on TV that understands the Fed the way that guy does.

It's amazing that just 2 years ago the Fed was a taboo topic, and now we are doing 14 minute intelligent segments on it.

I know what you mean. It seems that ever so slowly, we may be winning!

Sola_Fide
11-04-2010, 01:03 AM
We ARE winning...in part because this system of theft and debasement is imploding, just like it A/WAYS does in history.

Tinnuhana
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Ron would lecture and then let Alan and others rip into them with pointed questions. Who's going to chair the whole committee? (Not just the subcommittee)

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 01:19 AM
At risk of violating the forum's rules, if Ron Paul were to be assassinated, I would automatically rebel, and use every resource, including my military training, at my disposal. I would go absolutely ballistic, and would consider it a call to arms.
Seriously, think about it. The last thing TPTB want is to make a martyr out of Ron. If anyone was going to do that, it would done in a way to appear to be natural causes so that no one would ever know it was an assassination. Given Ron's age everyone would simply pass it off as him being old.

Of course the converse is that around here when Ron does eventually pass on due to natural causes, everyone will be screaming "conspiracy" even if he's 120 knowing this crowd :rolleyes: ;) :p :):o

Philhelm
11-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Seriously, think about it. The last thing TPTB want is to make a martyr out of Ron. If anyone was going to do that, it would done in a way to appear to be natural causes so that no one would ever know it was an assassination. Given Ron's age everyone would simply pass it off as him being old.

Of course the converse is that around here when Ron does eventually pass on due to natural causes, everyone will be screaming "conspiracy" even if he's 120 knowing this crowd :rolleyes: ;) :p :):o

Hahahaha! I agree with your assessment entirely.

Edit: I secretly hope that Ron Paul is a Reptilian...don't they live for a long time? I'm not sure.

pacelli
11-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Great for RP! Given his commitment to his job during the 07-08 presidential campaign, I wonder how this will affect his ability to campaign in 2012? Perhaps he will be at less events compared to 07-08?

demolama
11-04-2010, 06:06 AM
My fear is they are giving him this position to quell any bid for presidency. The momentum is in our favor and the last thing they would want is a President Paul or another embarrassment of the neocons in the debates again

austrobrady
11-04-2010, 07:26 AM

Yes. As Chairman, Ron Paul will have unlimited time to grill the criminal Bernanke. :)

american.swan
11-04-2010, 07:44 AM
My fear is they are giving him this position to quell any bid for presidency. The momentum is in our favor and the last thing they would want is a President Paul or another embarrassment of the neocons in the debates again

That could be true.

A. Havnes
11-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Edit: I secretly hope that Ron Paul is a Reptilian...don't they live for a long time? I'm not sure.

Only until Spiderman gets involved.

w2992
11-04-2010, 08:26 AM
hang Bernake and take his assets back.

Matt Collins
11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Political training 101: The best way to get someone off your back is to give them a position. Fortunately we see through that game. :)

Elwar
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Overlooked was early on in the program when he asked what Ron and Rand talked about.

Rand suggested proposing something on day one..."End the Fed?"...

:D

archangel689
11-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Stupid move, It would make him a martyr.

archangel689
11-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Political training 101: The best way to get someone off your back is to give them a position. Fortunately we see through that game. :)

Very true. A position where their energy can be directed but not actually do anything.

robertwerden
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Subpoena = Audit = repeal of the federal reserve act

K466
11-04-2010, 10:53 AM
THIS is FANTASTIC:D:D:D

Michael Landon
11-04-2010, 11:53 AM

Make that two of us. I seem to recall seeing a post on a youtube video of someone saying to the likes of "if anyone were to harm Ron Paul you'd see trouble. His supporters would do anything for him."

- ML

specsaregood
11-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I think Dr. Paul is putting this out there to head off any hijinx like they did last time around.

georgiaboy
11-04-2010, 12:31 PM
The great news keeps on coming.

YouTube - Totally Wicked! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYDNlMYAaI)

revolutionary8
11-04-2010, 07:56 PM

You might think so, but they've since split them again. Now they have Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology (Ron's subcommittee) as well as International Monetary Policy and Trade.

Thanks for all the good information Inkblots. My mom asked me about which committee it was, and I wasn't sure how to properly google it b/c I was obviously unclear on what really went down. Thank you for the clarification I think this might be as awesome as having Rand Paul in the senate.

revolutionary8
11-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Just a quick -still in amazement" bump, my mom was asking about this committee b/c she was looking for the good news. It was "never" news that Ron Paul PWNED his own race! My mom was JUST PISSED at the lack of coverage, then I saw this thread, and told her the story about the "first committee". :D

We here at RPF are (almost) as guilty as the MSM.
My mom said, "did you hear Rand say that "no, my dad isn't here in KY, he is having his OWN party in TX"- she said, YEAH, BECAUSE HE PAULSLIDED the 14th, and Rand Paul didn't gloat. :D I missed that.
Anyway, this is good news. :)

http://www.uncoveredpolitics.com/2010/11/ron-paul-wins-easy-re-election-to-u-s-house/