PDA

View Full Version : Prop 19 backers vow to try again

furface
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm guessing it will have a better chance at passing during a presidential election when more casual voters will weigh in on it.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/03/BACQ1G6BNU.DTL&tsp=1

Stary Hickory
11-03-2010, 06:21 PM
That is what they should do, maybe though they could unban happy meal toys. For gods sake they are hypocrites.

RideTheDirt
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm really disappointed in my fellow Californians. Shame on you fruits and nuts.

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
That is what they should do, maybe though they could unban happy meal toys. For gods sake they are hypocrites.

reminds me of the southpark episode kfc!! funny stuff! the one thing i know no law will ever stop anyone from using marijuana or eating a brownie!!

like 75 yrs of lies and bad laws have stopped anything? hell no:)

the gop/dnc does have several things in common bigger intrusive government!!!

furface
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Actually I think Prop 19 passed by a pretty big margin in SF. I don't want to start an argument, but going with the idea of local community rights, I personally think SF is within their rights to ban happy meal toys.

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/ballot-measures/county/san-francisco/

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Actually I think Prop 19 passed by a pretty big margin in SF. I don't want to start an argument, but going with the idea of local community rights, I personally think SF is within their rights to ban happy meal toys.

curious who is forcing parents into the private business to buy the food? maybe you should watch the southpark kfc episode! I think it says alot!!!

are we going to ban parents that cannot say no to their kids?

i guess i could agree with you if they were on the corner/alleys trying to give toys to lure them into the food establishment like drug dealers, funny but would be wrong!! no argument started but watch the southpark episode.

oyarde
11-03-2010, 06:49 PM

They are within the right. At the same time they should acknowledge that this makes them much more stupid than everyone else . They are ok with criminal illegal aliens , but scared of a happy meal. I bet they may just be opposed to the word happy .

libertybrewcity
11-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I hope so!

Humanae Libertas
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Just have to wait until all the old folks die off, or just maybe cut their medicare.

BuddyRey
11-03-2010, 07:00 PM
This time, don't put provisions in the bill to "tax and regulate" it. :D

klamath
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Don't put special MJ smokers rights in the bill next time.

tremendoustie
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Don't put special MJ smokers rights in the bill next time.

AMEN to that.

Aratus
11-04-2010, 08:32 AM
they want another try? good luck california!!!

squarepusher
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
i would vote for it, if
1) prisoners were released from jail and records expunged for marijuana related crimes
2) adding several new felonies with long prison terms for new marijuana related offenses are not part of it
3) limiting of allowed grow or cultivation space
4) limiting of allowed possession amounts (I mean, alcohol is legal, but are you really going to arrest someone for having 2 24-packs of beer?)

those are the main things, because right now with a $60 medical card you can basically do all of it in california, which really is it has been 'legal' in california for nearly 15 years now if you want it. This prop on the ballot this year would be more for tourism, and strict regulations/control.

furface
11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
because right now with a $60 medical card you can basically do all of it in california

It's used as a police intervention tool. Cops use it basically to harass people and rationalize their budgets. Routine traffic stops turn into gravy for police forces when they find pot at the expense of decent people. Healthy 20 year old kids can't get medical cards.

surf
11-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Guys - the good battle for this will be in Washington State next year. we have a wonderful initiative that came up about 40,000 signatures short but will probably be on the ballot this year.

in Washington there is a rule that says that a ballot initiative can really be about only one thing, hence the wonderful simplicity of this effort.

read the descriptions below and envy those of us that get to sign the petition, vote for it, and try to get our local republican party to endorse it :)

Concise Description
This measure would remove state civil and criminal penalties for persons eighteen years or older who cultivate, possess, transport, sell, or use marijuana. Restrictions and penalties for persons under eighteen would be retained.

Ballot Measure Summary
This measure would remove state civil and criminal penalties for persons eighteen years or older who cultivate, possess, transport, sell, or use marijuana. Marijuana would no longer be defined as a “controlled substance.” Civil and criminal penalties relating to drug paraphernalia and provisions authorizing seizure or forfeiture of property would not apply to marijuana-related offenses committed by persons eighteen years or older. The measure would retain current restrictions and penalties applicable to persons under eighteen.

http://sensiblewashington.org/blog/

edit - see how bummed the Sensible Washington folks are because Prop 19 failed. Trying to figure out why.... trying to figure out what the republican wave means to their initiative efforts. i hope they don't change anything about it and talk to local C4L on marketing this to republicans. and they encourage their democratic friends to let Obama and Holder know to stay the fuck out of this.

squarepusher
11-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Guys - the good battle for this will be in Washington State next year. we have a wonderful initiative that came up about 40,000 signatures short but will probably be on the ballot this year.

in Washington there is a rule that says that a ballot initiative can really be about only one thing, hence the wonderful simplicity of this effort.

read the descriptions below and envy those of us that get to sign the petition, vote for it, and try to get our local republican party to endorse it :)

looks great, none of the BS prop 19 had