PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you support RP for VP?

Matt Collins
10-19-2007, 04:06 PM
This is in response to this thread:
http://ronpaulforums.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

He thinks it's entirely possible that we might go through the primaries without a clear winner, in other words, no majority. This would mean for the first time in decades, there would not be a clear choice by the time the GOP convention started. An initial vote at the GOP convention would be taken (this is why it's CRUCIAL to have RP supporters to be delegates), and then after that there would be "some deals made".

He refers to the old-time smoke filled back room deals that used to take place all of the time prior to our current primary system. He thinks that all of the other candidates will court Ron Paul to try and get RP on their ticket so that they can have another vote at the convention and win the nomination. This could obviously present an interesting situation.

The two that would be most likely to seek RP's position as a VP would be Thompson and Rudy.

So I have a few questions I'd like to pose to everyone on here about this...

1 - Would RP take either one?
2 - Would RP be wise to take an offer as VP at all?
3 - What are the alternatives if he refuses?
4 - What other insights do you see to this situation?
5 - How likely are we to get through the primary without a clear victor?
6 - Would Ron's base (us) still support RP for VP even if he was under Rudy or Fred?

dt_
10-19-2007, 04:08 PM
1. No.
2. I don't think so, no.
3. Move to Canada. Or Australia. ;)
4. None. Ron Paul is a principled individual who won't sell himself to Rudy or Giuliani just for an executive position.
5. Fairly likely, considering who the "front runners" are.
6. I doubt it.

Bluedevil
10-19-2007, 04:12 PM
No, if he does not win the Republican nomination, then I really hope he runs as a third party. He would have a ton of money by that point and if it comes down to a race between Clinton and Giuliani (big goverment v big government), if there was ever a time a third party could win this would be it.

Ron Paul Fan
10-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I thought this was a poll. Anyway, my answers are the same as the last thread. I vote NO in this ficticious poll and encourage my fellow forum members(except CasualApathy) to join me in voting the same.

CasualApathy
10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I thought this was a poll. Anyway, my answers are the same as the last thread. I vote NO in this ficticious poll and encourage my fellow forum members(except CasualApathy) to join me in voting the same.

Ha ha, you're a funny dude.

I vote no ;)

winston_blade
10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
1 - Maybe
2 - Yeah, I think he would do more good as VP than he would a congressman.
3 - For him, go back to congress. For me, keep fighting the good fight.
4 - Not much.
5 - Not very, Once someone wins a couple of states, the rest will go that way too.
6 - Hopefully, I would.

wolv275
10-19-2007, 04:16 PM
If RP was accepting a VP slot, i would have to dust off my long gun and start practicing ;)

Just kidding gov agent...

RP 2008 or bust!

d_goddard
10-19-2007, 04:23 PM
If Ron Paul does not win the NH primary, I plan to mount a massive write-in campaign for him.

Remember... in New Hampshire, fully 1/3rd of the voters are registered "Independent!"

anewvoice
10-19-2007, 04:43 PM
I would support a Ron Paul / Ron Paul ticket.

Of course I suspect he's none to keen on human cloning so I'll go with no.

Phil M
10-19-2007, 04:52 PM
McCain could die soon (not to sound morbid), so I might vote for that.

Matt Collins
10-19-2007, 08:46 PM
McCain could die soon (not to sound morbid), so I might vote for that.So could Fred and Ron, but we can't see the future now can we?

RevolutionSD
10-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Funny that Huckabee got the most votes out of the other candidates.
Huckabee is a war-mongering nazi in preacher's clothing. Plus he's CFR. I'm amazed that anyone would buy into his act.

axiomata
10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Funny that Huckabee got the most votes out of the other candidates.
Huckabee is a war-mongering nazi in preacher's clothing. Plus he's CFR. I'm amazed that anyone would buy into his act.
Why do so many people mistakenly think Huckabee is CFR?

DahuiHeeNalu
10-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Write in all the way!!!

Matt Collins
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Fascinating results

sandersondavis
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
No! No! No! This poll is premature. Ron Paul is on track to win. Act accordingly.

Bob Cochran
10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
This is a moot point, because who among the other candidates would be anti-Iraq-war?

This would almost surely be a precondition for Ron Paul even supporting another Republican candidate.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Speaking as a Republican who wants to save our party.

1 - Would RP take either one? Probably not, but there are some scenarios out there which might make this acceptable.

2 - Would RP be wise to take an offer as VP at all? Yes. If he can't win in Minnesota but was offered the VP spot and half the platform, I think we should jump on that in a heartbeat.

3 - What are the alternatives if he refuses? The GOP is finished and the nation is screwed.

4 - What other insights do you see to this situation? The RNC KNOWS we are driving an increase in Republican voters. They know that a lot of the increase can be attributed to Ron Paul Republicans. They also know that Paul's voters won't support neo-cons. Politics is all about compromise. Let's say we get a promise to scale back operations in Iraq without a full withdrawl, but we also get a repeal of the Patriot Act. Do we take that?

5 - How likely are we to get through the primary without a clear victor? Possible if everyone stays in.

6 - Would Ron's base (us) still support RP for VP even if he was under Rudy or Fred? I WOULD NOT VOTE for a Rudy/Paul ticket. I would vote for a Fed/Paul ticket.

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
This is turning out to be a stupid poll given that Paul said last night that he wouldn't back the GOP nominee if it wasn't himself and if they didn't endorse his views. He said, "That would undo everything I've stood for for 30 years!" End thread.

synthetic
10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Huckabee is being groomed as the VP for the top tier neocons. Paul would never, ever get the VP nod for Rudy or any of the rest. Deals are being done behind the scenes to prop up Huckabee. He didn't win the values voter poll by chance, people are being instructed to carry him. They need someone who passes as conservative as a running mate to get out the vote. This assumes Paul doesn't get nomination of course.

The results can even be seen on this forum. Huckabee gets some media attention and people, like programed robots, or paid agents run here and post about his fundraising, his press, his forum posts. The goal is for Huckabee to neutralize Paul by taking as many supporters as he can. Its why hes repeating everything Paul is saying to the word, besides the war. I look at Huckabee as an employee. Its performace based pay. If he does his job he'll get a position in the new administration.

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Huckabee is being groomed as the VP for the top tier neocons. Paul would never, ever get the VP nod for Rudy or any of the rest. Deals are being done behind the scenes to prop up Huckabee. He didn't win the values voter poll by chance, people are being instructed to carry him. Any proof?

And our biggest threats are Huckabee and Fred because they stand to draw the most votes away from RP.

synthetic
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Any proof?

Nope, just thinking things through like a top tier neocon. If you have no chance of passing yourself off as conservative you had better get a running mate that can.

Matt Collins
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I see Romney and Fred teaming up and Huck and Rudy teaming up together. RP has recently stated he won't take a VP position with any of the current crop.

Matt Collins
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Bump for relevance

dvictr
01-09-2008, 12:42 AM
if ron paul does this ... he loses credibility

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 12:43 AM
There is no relevance. Ron Paul will not be offered a VP spot by anyone. To think so is ridiculous at this ponit. He has too many fringe positions that obviously aren't being picked up by the mainstream judging by his 5th place finishes and this recent racist story would bury any Republican ticket.