View Full Version : The brilliance of the November 5th fundraiser

terlinguatx
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM

TechnoGuyRob
10-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Bump.

CasualApathy
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
We already have commitments for 329k! (provided everyone can afford the 100 bucks, i know many will donate more then that)

This is going to be huge.

jonahtrainer
10-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I was skeptical at first, but...as the last week of September showed people respond to fundraising goals that are realistic and approaching. The one milion dollar in a week challenge created buzz and encouraged many people to donate who probably would not have. Since then we've been averaging $500,000 a week instead of $1,000,000.

Now I'm not saying the 12million isn't realistic, but it's a goal that won't be reached for months so the excitement isn't there right now. However, the November 5th date provides a great goal and some good symbolism. The website was a great idea to, it allows people to see, that with now over 3000 signed up, this fundraiser is going to make a huge impact.

I like it also. I'd like to see Adam Curry pick a particular day and then moneybomb Ron Paul with a '&&*& ton'. That way we could see Adam's political muscle.

Seth M.
10-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Ill tell you what is truly brilliant in my opinion.

Who ever thought up putting Ron Paul's donations on the website with live feedback is genius. The RonPaulGraphs website also... it allows everyone to see exactly what is happening with donations.. The two make a beautiful pair. I think the graphs should be linked to by the campaign website in fact. There is a basic feeling in everyone to see movement see improvement. The two ideas here coming together have MADE Ron's donations personal. People want to see their name, see the amount line go higher... its perfect.

And I predict the future of all campaigning!!!! Watch and see.

Thanks to them that did the flash goal presenter and to the graph maker.. you dont know how close you are to a locksmith.. :)

Sorry to go off topic.. The November 5th wouldnt be possible without this teamup. I got $150 for Ron on 11-5 :D

anewvoice
10-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Arguments over applicabilioty of V aside, we need more of these "mass donation" style fundraising boosts. We did not get 5 million all at once in Q3. We had 3-4 major events (meetup competition, end of quarter drive, ...) that gave us large individual boosts in fundraising.

I think we'll need 2-3 big pushes before the final end of year push to make it!

FrankRep
10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Who ever thought up putting Ron Paul's donations on the website with live feedback is genius. The RonPaulGraphs website also...

Absolutely. Stoke of brilliance.

itsnobody
10-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Its a great strategy, I hope we get at least 10,000 people to sign up by November 5th (which would be $1 million)

The Good Doctor
10-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I like the symbolism of the date as well. It will show the strength in numbers that we truly have. :D

robatsu
10-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I think it is a wonderful idea and have been doing what I can to recruit donors.

anewvoice
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Found this comment on DIGG, nice:

Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Constitution, Reason and Plot,
It surely is treason, if the Constitution and Reason, should ever be forgot.
Ron Paul, 'tis his intent to blow up our 'King' and 'Parliament'.
The seeds of discord he slowly sows to prove the Neocons' overthrow,
By God's mercy this man's been found, to lead us to Washington and tear it down.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let liberty shine for all!
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save Ron Paul!
Hip hip hoorah!

--JeffMr1

chowda
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
check it out y'all

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_nov_5_members.png (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_members.html)

anewvoice
10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Chowda - I cannot tell you how cool you are for putting this site up.

katao
10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Chowda - I cannot tell you how cool you are for putting this site up.

What do you want to bet that the financial guys at HQ are saying stuff like:

"What the hell? He's got better financial stats than we do!"

Seth M.
10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
check it out y'all

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_nov_5_members.png (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_members.html)

SWEET!

thanks a lot chowda... you got the keys man... good job!

TruckinMike
10-19-2007, 08:39 PM
$100 --- Pledged Nov. 5th

TruckinMike

The Good Doctor
10-20-2007, 04:55 PM
That is awesome!

check it out y'all

terlinguatx
11-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Thomas_Paine
11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
It seems that the establishment media likes this catch 22 they've put Paul in. They stress his low poll numbers so people they poll don't take him seriously, and because people they poll don't take him seriously his poll numbers stay low.

Paul needs to point out how the samples in these polls are crap, and how the prediction markets have him in third place.

He has discredited the polls to some degrees in past interviews, but he needs to do so more vigorously and of course with proof.

terlinguatx
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM

TruckinMike
11-02-2007, 09:44 PM
So whos' starting the Dec. 16th ,Boston tea party money bomb...

We will need another... I think that date is perfect!

truckinmike

constituent
11-02-2007, 09:47 PM
He has discredited the polls to some degrees in past interviews, but he needs to do so more vigorously and of course with proof.

that's our job.

constituent
11-02-2007, 09:47 PM

truckinmike

i thought you were truckinmike.

parke
11-02-2007, 09:53 PM
It seems that the establishment media likes this catch 22 they've put Paul in. They stress his low poll numbers so people they poll don't take him seriously, and because people they poll don't take him seriously his poll numbers stay low.

Paul needs to point out how the samples in these polls are crap, and how the prediction markets have him in third place.

Or quote the vegas odds or straw poll results.

parke
11-02-2007, 09:55 PM

truckinmike

PERFECT!!!

Imagine asking family to donate to Ron Paul for Christmas. Then NEW YEARS!!! What a way to ring in the new year.. Have Ron Paul New Year parties!!!

filmmaker58
11-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Sorry kids, no presents this year, all our money is going to Ron Paul. How about this? Next year...YOU'LL HAVE A FREE COUNTRY!

LibertyEagle
11-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Found this comment on DIGG, nice:

Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Constitution, Reason and Plot,
It surely is treason, if the Constitution and Reason, should ever be forgot.
Ron Paul, 'tis his intent to blow up our 'King' and 'Parliament'.
The seeds of discord he slowly sows to prove the Neocons' overthrow,
By God's mercy this man's been found, to lead us to Washington and tear it down.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let liberty shine for all!
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save Ron Paul!
Hip hip hoorah!

--JeffMr1

blow up? This is not the analogy we want. :(