PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post says Ken BUCK HAS LOST

bobbyw24
11-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Denver Post calls it for Bennet

The Denver Post has called the Colorado Senate race for Democratic incumbent Michael Bennet, although a recount could still be required. Bennet had about 7,500 more votes than his Republican challenger Ken Buck with 88 percent of precincts reporting.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/senate-races-2010/1110/Denver_Post_calls_it_for_Bennet.html?showall

MRoCkEd
11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
This saddens me greatly. Same with Joe Miller's apparent loss.

malkusm
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
This saddens me greatly. Same with Joe Miller's apparent loss.

Let's not jump overboard yet. These races haven't been decided yet.

youngbuck
11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
The Colorado elections turned out worse than I expected...

South Park Fan
11-03-2010, 12:09 PM
It looks like we're 2 for 6 in the Senate (0 for 3 if you're only counting tossup races)

Dystopia
11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
boo hoo

Buck sucks.

Fozz
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Let's not jump overboard yet. These races haven't been decided yet.

It's over :(

youngbuck
11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
boo hoo

Buck sucks.

Bennett is far worse.

Jeremy
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
boo hoo

Buck sucks.

How does an antiwar conservative suck?

bobbyw24
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Though the Colorado Senate race has pretty much been called for Democrat Michael Bennet, Ken Buck’s campaign hasn’t given up hope. In fact, they are rather admirably holding on for dear life.

At noon, the campaign released a statement:

“We are still looking where returns need to be reported, as well as provisional ballots before making any decisions.

“We will have further comment later today.”

Hopelessly optimistic?

http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/03/the-morning-after-thedc-election-liveblog/

Fozz
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Just because Buck refuses to concede, doesn't mean it isn't over.

Feeding the Abscess
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
How does an antiwar conservative suck?

A recent flip to appease liberty-minded Republicans does not an antiwar conservative make.

See: Republicans in the 1990s (seriously, read Ron Paul's foreign policy book. You'll never trust Republicans again), Bush in 2000.

trey4sports
11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
A recent flip to appease liberty-minded Republicans does not an antiwar conservative make.

See: Republicans in the 1990s (seriously, read Ron Paul's foreign policy book. You'll never trust Republicans again), Bush in 2000.

Well what the fuck do we do then?

Should we not trust any antiwar conservative unless their last name is Paul?

Feeding the Abscess
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Well what the fuck do we do then?

Should we not trust any antiwar conservative unless their last name is Paul?

Get people like Kokesh, Lawson, or others who are on record criticizing Republican foreign policy. Not just foreign policy waged by Democrats.

Libertarians and libertarian-leaning activists already made the mistake of assimilating with the GOP by believing sunshine Patriots. We need not assimilate; we need to dismantle and rebuild.

ninepointfive
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
So many losses in Colorado. sorry to disappoint. =(

Ken campaigned through the GOP after the primary. maybe this is the reason he lost his support. This and the constant media hammer on abortion.

One Last Battle!
11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Well... Fuck.

Oh well. Rand Paul and Mike Lee are both fine. Who knows, maybe Joe Miller will win (due to misspellings of Murkowski's name) and Ken Buck will get a recount.

At the very least the house is stacked with Liberty candidates, and the good ol' FSP took over New Hampshire.

Fozz
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Well... Fuck.

Oh well. Rand Paul and Mike Lee are both fine. Who knows, maybe Joe Miller will win (due to misspellings of Murkowski's name) and Ken Buck will get a recount.

At the very least the house is stacked with Liberty candidates, and the good ol' FSP took over New Hampshire.

Really? Who are the new liberty candidates, besides Justin Amash?

Jordan
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Get people like Kokesh, Lawson, or others who are on record criticizing Republican foreign policy. Not just foreign policy waged by Democrats.

Libertarians and libertarian-leaning activists already made the mistake of assimilating with the GOP by believing sunshine Patriots. We need not assimilate; we need to dismantle and rebuild.

Scoreboard.

http://www.electronic-scoreboard.com/images/5214.jpg

Feeding the Abscess
11-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Scoreboard.

http://www.electronic-scoreboard.com/images/5214.jpg

I'm well aware that they lost.

What's the alternative? Voting for fake liberty candidates? I'd rather put up real liberty candidates and lose (Dennis, Kokesh, Lawson) than put up fake candidates and come closer to victory (Angle, Buck) or settle with social conservative MIC cheerleaders who happen to be somewhat decent on economic views (DeMint).

You seem to be touting turd sandwich over giant douche. We lose in both cases. I'm advocating dismantling and taking over the party from the ground up, and if a third party alternative is viable during or after that stretch, use that, too.

Thomas
11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
bad campaign maybe...

malkusm
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM

I listed them elsewhere. Not sure where, but if you go to my profile and look through my recent posts or search for my name on the forum search, you'll find it. I count at least 8 "Ron Paul caucus" House members at this moment, with maybe 8-10 more who blur the line.

There's also this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266637

Stary Hickory
11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Seriously though guys, we need guys who are less confrontational with their views. It's always bad to be that way. There are ways of putting things that put people at ease and then there are ways of making people really nervous.

One Last Battle!
11-03-2010, 05:07 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266637

nate895
11-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I listed them elsewhere. Not sure where, but if you go to my profile and look through my recent posts or search for my name on the forum search, you'll find it. I count at least 8 "Ron Paul caucus" House members at this moment, with maybe 8-10 more who blur the line.

There's also this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266637

Not to mention Koster, who I think will pull it off in WA-2. This is also good news because we have a good liberty activist core in Washington State, and Koster winning will give Washington a bonus delegate at the 2012 RNC.

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm well aware that they lost.

What's the alternative? Voting for fake liberty candidates? I'd rather put up real liberty candidates and lose (Dennis, Kokesh, Lawson) than put up fake candidates and come closer to victory (Angle, Buck) or settle with social conservative MIC cheerleaders who happen to be somewhat decent on economic views (DeMint).

You seem to be touting turd sandwich over giant douche. We lose in both cases. I'm advocating dismantling and taking over the party from the ground up, and if a third party alternative is viable during or after that stretch, use that, too.

^^^^^^^ this is the bottom line, ken buck was going to get my vote but his right-winger came out and i could not vote for him! Ken Buck is the one that blew his race! the right-wing(fanatics) of the gop is why i never joined the gop in the first place! Ron Paul is why i joined the gop! If the gop cannot run decent candidates! Then even i will have to leave the gop! I am giving the gop till 2012 after that! I will have to look at a 3rd party in colorado or take my 500 bucks down to the state and form the Liberty Party! I am losing faith in the gop. We did everything possible to have our local candidate win but lost by 23 votes, talking to kevin he feels the gop didn't do anything to help! The gop is on their last leg! they better wake the f up!! I am so fed up with the gop! Ron Paul 2012. Ron paul needs to run INDY PERIOD! The problem is not obama it is the gop!! being republican was a liability in our county!!

Southron
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm guessing that Colorado is just now a solidly Democrat state.

Every race won is not run perfectly. Sometimes it has to be though, when the odds are against you.

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm guessing that Colorado is just now a solidly Democrat state.

Every race won is not run perfectly. Sometimes it has to be though, when the odds are against you.

i hear you;) i have been involved in politics along time! The only reason colorado is a blue state is because of the gop!! I still blame the gop and the cogop for giving us a bad brandname! We did good locally with Kevin! The problem is not kevin. It was the fact he has a r next to his name at the polls! The problem is the gop itself! We are battling the brandname of the gop and the perception of what a republican is thanks to right-wingers and the bushes and carl rove and cheney's!

just like i said in 2008 and kevin told me before the election! He went house to house in lake county! People were not happy about him being republican! being Republican was a liability in our county!!

I think i will focus on sustainability instead of republicans or dems!! I am already voting 3rd party except for Liberty Candidates! I will vote for Ron Paul 2012, i do not expect much from the gop except making sure they do not nominate Ron Paul! I am letting the gop know now if you do not run a true liberty candidate. i will be voting 3rd party! Ron Paul 2012 with or without the gop!!

ninepointfive
11-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I think its best to stay in the GOP until 2012 and guage going third party in the meantime.
So far we've been growing well attracting liberty minded GOP. It's possible a third party candidate can compete in the future.