PDA

View Full Version : YouTube: Ron Paul at Values Voters Summit

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Here is part 1...

I'll post here when parts 2 and 3 are ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGu-da6XvJQ

Enjoy.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 03:26 PM
God bless you, my son.

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Excellent, thanks. Oh, and hurry up :D

NinjaPirate
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Thank you!

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
You're welcome... :-)

If only I could control the speed with which Youtube processes these...

Not to mention how slow my computer converts them for proper upload.

The mice are spinning the wheel as fast as they can I guess.

Enjoy.

jacmicwag
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Man, he sure is doing good in Part 1. Of course, let's see if the crowd will accept his foreign policy views coming up next. I just can't figure these Value Voters being so pro-war.

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Part 2:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Swkqhsp1syo

Enjoy.

NinjaPirate
10-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Man, he sure is doing good in Part 1. Of course, let's see if the crowd will accept his foreign policy views coming up next. I just can't figure these Value Voters being so pro-war.

They yearn for the crusades... :p

NinjaPirate
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Part 2:

Enjoy.

Right on time!

robatsu
10-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Part 1 is great. You gotta wonder why this should be such a tough audience for him. On everything but the war, he is absolutely their guy. Certainly, the war can't override the whole constellation of things they agree with him upon. Or maybe it can, I guess.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Part 2 on the sound money stuff was terrific!

itsnobody
10-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Man this is great, can't wait for part 3

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sTRWqJvBm9U

That's it.

Enjoy.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sTRWqJvBm9U

That's it.

Enjoy.

Wow, thanks, right on time.

robatsu
10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Watching part three, how could they not love Paul?

robatsu
10-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Finished part three, what a great speech!

Esor
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
It wasn't bad. I thought his ending statement was not strong at all, but overall I think he got a good response from the audience.

stalcottsmith
10-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Here is part 1...

I'll post here when parts 2 and 3 are ready.

Enjoy.

Do you have Part 3 yet? This is great. If he can win these folks over we're really on a roll.

NEVER MIND... I just saw you posted it. Thanks.

NinjaPirate
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
thanks!!

mrchubbs
10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swkqhsp1syo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTRWqJvBm9U

Enjoy.

Adamsa
10-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I think I love you.

Pete
10-19-2007, 04:24 PM
The crowd was in shock, I think. I ought to go back through and count the number of ideas that this audience have probably never heard before.

His address on abortion was perfect. Notice how he told them how to pressure their congress critters to declare RvW as being out of SCOTUS jurisdiction, even if he is not elected. I think he blew their minds with the idea that their pastors have been deprived of 1st amendment rights. Of course they have! Who else brings this stuff up?

RP was well warmed up for the bulk of the speech, and I think he was electrifying.

Huck's got nothing compared to the freedom message. I can't wait to see the poll.

goldstandard
10-19-2007, 04:31 PM
His message counts and that had them thinking. Thanks for posting.

Blowback
10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I seriously don't get how anyone could have a complaint regarding that speech.

It was flawless.

davidkachel
10-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I seriously don't get how anyone could have a complaint regarding that speech.

It was flawless.

Me neither. Speech was great and audience loved it.

frasu
10-19-2007, 04:59 PM
wow... that was so great... I wish this presidential debates were more of this format, at least in the beginning so people could hear and learn, not get bloated with sound bites... so proud of the energy and confidence that Dr. Ron Paul showed...

a great day

thanks for the posting

hard@work
10-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Part 1 is great. You gotta wonder why this should be such a tough audience for him. On everything but the war, he is absolutely their guy. Certainly, the war can't override the whole constellation of things they agree with him upon. Or maybe it can, I guess.

It does. They were told that as Christian Republicans with a Christian Republican president they have to support his policies. The policy became the war, and they relabeled "support the troops" to mean "support the government policy". Then they spent 7 years spreading propoganda through the media and the pulpit.

It's not that they truly support war, it's that they were told they should. Then they were told lies as to why they should. So now they own it. They (neocons and Christian conservatives) have to accept that they were lied to, mislead, and / or lied to themselves in order to overcome their support for the Bush government.

Really is that simple.

wolv275
10-19-2007, 05:14 PM
all three parts here

http://www.youtube.com/user/marcaeld

frasu
10-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Hardball just had a report and discussion about the Value Voters Summit, and boy it was depressing... Not even a mentioning of Ron and his great speach... All they try to figure out is what would Rudy will have to do to win this guys' votes, or improve Romney... C'mon, this guys are rolling with the 3-rd tier lineup as usually.

sucks

eloquensanity
10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Awesome speech.
Thankyou to the person who you tubed it.

American
10-19-2007, 05:47 PM
WOW, another great speech.

eloquensanity
10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
God tube would be a good place to upload this speech also.;)

Patrick Henry
10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I just watched this again, and I think this was an excellent speech. Also, speaking as a christian, I really believe that this speech will resonate well with these guys. I really liked how he brought up the biblical weights and measures.

We need a good christian flier showing what the bible deems a mans wealth. Gold, cattle and land.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 06:05 PM
That's pretty funny...I went and peeked at Dr. Paul's personal financial statement over at ontheissues.org and it seems he's nicely invested in at least gold and land...Being from Texas, he probably has the cattle covered, too.

Patrick Henry
10-19-2007, 06:22 PM
That's pretty funny...I went and peeked at Dr. Paul's personal financial statement over at ontheissues.org and it seems he's nicely invested in at least gold and land...Being from Texas, he probably has the cattle covered, too.

hehe :D

werdd
10-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I think he really struck with that audience!

specsaregood
10-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I think that was a great speech.
And I for one like Ron Paul's style of presenting, he is believable.

jb4ronpaul
10-19-2007, 07:15 PM
that was brilliant, and Ron Paul is my hero. That is exactly what us Christians need to hear and learn. loved it.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM
The same message works for non christians, personal responsibility, liberty, freedom.

I am glad I gave a little extra to FRC they gave time, respect, and did not ignore him like others have done.

Seth M.
10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Did anyone record or youtube Phyllis Schlaply? Ron answered if not every request for our President I would say at least 85% in the affirmative.
I cant do it but I do have ideas...

Can some video master here put together a Phyllis question Ron answer video.. with some classy music? Please?

Godtube and Youtube it. :D

May God bless these United States.

tfelice
10-19-2007, 08:59 PM
If Paul didn't win over some new supporters with that fantastic speech, something is seriously wrong.

RP4ME
10-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Did yall think his speech went over well with them?

I think he was a bit nervous at first b/c it wasnt the friendly RP rally crowd taht will scream and clap at anything he says! But, they warmed up!!!!! I hope he gets their brain bones working so they can deflect the mind altering crapola spewed by Gay Baeur and at the least get them thinking.

I have taken awy form listening to Gary Baeur V. Schaffley there is a definte spilt in the Christian party....and once these Christian leaders being de-neoconned WATCH OUT!!!!! I woudlnt be suprised if the spilt is mor elike 30-70 in RP favor!!!

What were yalls impressions?

Hook
10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
So who won?

wgadget
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I have already posted this on another thread, but here's my impressions:

I watched the youtube video and watched the people's reactions. They seemed to sit cross-armed at the beginning, then started to loosen up by the end.

Someone has said that they are in a state of shock, mulling over what they just heard.

I had another related idea about their reaction: After a few minutes of listening to Dr. Paul, they realize that he is genuine, honest and sincere, that he is not afraid to tell the truth. After this realization, it dawns on them that maybe his ideas on the issues are worthy of CONSIDERATION. After they spend time considering his stance, they start believing that HE'S RIGHT...And that's when we have a bingo!

The whole thing translates to a big political "Eureka!" moment. At least that's how it happened for me.

Primbs
10-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I was there for the Ron Paul speech and Romney's speech. Unfortunately Romney had a lot of support in the crowd. They seemed to applaud Romney more and the war issue was brought up and the crowd really responded to supporting the troops.

Romney really pandered to the crowd which would explain his support in the crowd.

Rudy will speak to on Saturday.

This was a crowd that was not familiar with Ron Paul like his typical backers are.

R_Harris
10-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I think he really struck with that audience!

Boy I don't. I think a number of people that CSPAN showed during his speech looked quiet and sullen - at the beginning or at the end.

Ron's WORDS were great, but his delivery lacked. He was somewhat disjointed at points, and some people had yawns. I have heard him give MUCH better speeches. I think he was nervous and knew he was facing a tough audience.

I wouldn't expect great numbers from this crowd.

Seth M.
10-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Boy I don't. I think a number of people that CSPAN showed during his speech looked quiet and sullen - at the beginning or at the end.

Ron's WORDS were great, but his delivery lacked. He was somewhat disjointed at points, and some people had yawns. I have heard him give MUCH better speeches. I think he was nervous and knew he was facing a tough audience.

I wouldn't expect great numbers from this crowd.

His message was in suggestion/informative mood.. what He lacked Phyllis Schlaply reinforced/finalized. Her approach was much more demanding/commanding.. I kind of look at it like a nice father that means business and a mother that speaks louder for emphasis. They both had the same massage in my opinion. The crowd vocalized quite a bit for her.. which reinforced the positivity of Ron Paul's message some time earlier. I take it as a smash perfect event. very happy i am

Mark
10-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Part 2:

Enjoy.

AWESOME.. much thx.. will bulletin on myspace.. and link here too..

Seth M.
10-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Group functions are very dynamic.. I mean you can't really get a feel of it from a video.. obviously these good folks werent going to jump out of their seats in applause. They are seekers, seeking their president.. not a Ron Paul rally ;) So you must contend that applause will be for agreement and mostly if others are clapping too.. :( just how it is.. During functions where the seekers watch there is a natural evolution of time and energy.. a ramp up is followed by a ramp down... not being there its hard to gauge where they "where" when Ron said specific things. But we can assume that the best will come last as they say.. They all know that Phyllis would top it off.. and that would be a let loose time... stretch out and do your thing before you leave.. not only that but you know who she is.. anyway.. the most awesome thing is that she reiterated specific words none of the others did except Ron Paul... WTO... force medicating children etc.. those points werent just wow clapper moments they were reaffirmations from what Ron said earlier. Somewhat like a comedian will use a part of a earlier joke later in his show and get mad props... my 2 cents

why wouldn't expect great numbers? Whatcha thinkin?

reaver
10-19-2007, 11:13 PM
I sure hope the pencils they gave out had erasers. :p
Paul killed with that speech, I'm sure they are going to be thinking about the fall of the Soviet Empire on the way home too.

SouthernGuy15
10-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I think Ron Paul did well and got his message across.

Deep down inside most Christians have a shred of decency remaining.

Mark
10-19-2007, 11:28 PM
So who won?

Lots of people think this is the most important straw
poll since the one in Ames, Iowa.

The below message shows up after voting once..

it's ONLY $1 to 'join' ~~ enter 1.00 in 'donation amount'

~~~~~~~~

Our records show that you have already submited a 2008 American Values Straw Poll Ballot. If you believe this is in error, please contact us for assistance.

The 2008 American Values Straw Poll Ballot will be tabulated

and sent to every presidential candidate,

the heads of both the Democratic and the Republican National Committees,

and major media outlets.

The results will also be published on our website on Monday, October 22, 2007.

We will make sure that your voice is heard.

Forward this 2008 Straw Poll to a Friend

Further support our efforts with a gift to FRC Action

Return to homepage

Member Logoff

I posted this on MySpace:

Until 10-22 ~ $1 ~ 2 Vote n ~ "most important straw poll since Iowa"

Link to register & Vote ~

https://www.frcaction.org/index.cfm?incl=not_logged_in

From my Ron Paul meetup mail list:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What Corey W. wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Just thought I'd shoot you a quick e-mail about something I
heard about. As you must know the 'Value Voters Conference' is
going on today in Washington DC. They're also holding a straw
poll there - and they're letting members of the Family Research
Counsil vote in the straw poll online.

You can become a member of the FRC
for a one-time donation of $1.00

and they'll let you vote.

Here's the link to the website:
https://www.frcaction.org/
I went online, paid a buck and voted already - it was easy.

Thanks.
Corey

----------------------------------------------------------------

* If you'd like to see the Meetup profile for Corey W., visit:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/14/members/5338572/

--
The time is NOW!

Primbs
10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
I liked Ron's speech, but the other candidate really catered their speeches towards the group. Romney really talked about the how he was really religious and conservative. He said things he knew the audience would want to hear.

Since many in the audience didn't know Ron Paul, the speech could have spent more time discussing religious themes.

The people who applauded most enthusiastically were the young people in the crowd. Teenagers and college students love Ron Paul's message.

sunghoko
10-20-2007, 12:30 AM
He was relaxed, maybe a little too relaxed. I thought he would just graze the war issue but he addressed it clearly and boldly and in my opinion courageously, right at the people who support the war.

Ron could have pandered to these people easily but he didn't. He could have easily mentioned the Marriage Protection Act, spoke more in depth about strengthing national defense, the upkeep of the infrastructure, allowing prayer in schools, right to bear arms to protect oneself. Have a "aren't you sick and tired of paying for other people's medical bills" slant. etc....

Ron pretty much says no to most things that involve federal intervention. Just pick off the ones that christians are most passionate about and run with it.

sunghoko
10-20-2007, 12:31 AM
I agree that Romney killed in his speech and he's gaining a ton of steam among christian leaders.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I agree that Romney killed in his speech and he's gaining a ton of steam among christian leaders.

not the ones that have a brain :)

RP4ME
10-20-2007, 12:36 AM

Thanks I appreciate that shred of a complimnet hahah

RP4ME
10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
His message was in suggestion/informative mood.. what He lacked Phyllis Schlaply reinforced/finalized. Her approach was much more demanding/commanding.. I kind of look at it like a nice father that means business and a mother that speaks louder for emphasis. They both had the same massage in my opinion. The crowd vocalized quite a bit for her.. which reinforced the positivity of Ron Paul's message some time earlier. I take it as a smash perfect event. very happy i am

Yes I actually felt Schaffley had a much better response than Gary BAeur, no? I mean he really didnt get too much applause......

libertythor
10-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Part 2:

Enjoy.

They showed a lady in the crowd with a PO'd look on her face when everybody was clapping after he mentioned the political speech restrictions for ministers that has been imposed.

She must be a Huckabee supporter and didn't like the solid case RP made for following the constitution.. :D ROFLMAO

libertythor
10-20-2007, 12:48 AM

Most Christians are decent. The vocal ones that push it down people's throats aren't the majority.

Nobody is perfect.

Seth M.
10-20-2007, 12:56 AM

They won't vote for him. His support is manufactured in my opinion. When it comes to the individual at the booth this city slick isnt trustworthy. His campaign is a diversion.

libertythor
10-20-2007, 12:59 AM
He is the Steve Forbes of the 2008 elections. Remember when he dumped a ton of his own money in the Arizona race to take the lead over Buchanan? Buchanan suddenly dropped off the map in media coverage and so did Forbes afterwards.

The difference is that RP supporters are more loyal and enthusiastic than Buchanan's old base.

Cindy
10-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Thank you for posting these. I watched all three.

I want Paul to win so badly it hurts.

reaver
10-20-2007, 03:27 AM
The people Ron addressed in that speech will remember it for the rest of their lives. They will think back to the day where Ron confronted their confusion with answers. They worry about their money, they worry about their kids, and they worry about their rights; So does Ron Paul...Whether or not Paul rocked their worlds has yet to be seen.

Man from La Mancha
10-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Thank you for posting these. I watched all three.

I want Paul to win so badly it hurts.But it hurts so good:)

Agorism
08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
bump

robertwerden
08-31-2010, 06:55 PM
wtf are you necro bumping for