PDA

View Full Version : Will New (R) Audit/End the Fed?

dean.engelhardt
11-03-2010, 06:28 AM
The new wave of (R) congressmen are entering office on a limited government platform. I suspect stating today, limited government, will start becoming an after thought for many of them. It is going to a long time before there is a budget they can voted on.

Should we start pushing an audit of the Fed to start seeing who are the real limited government congressmen?

TRIGRHAPPY
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, it looks like Ron Paul will be the chair of the subcommittee that oversees monetary policy.......and he has already said he plans on doing just that.

So what we have now is a suddenly much more powerful Ron Paul who will be authoring a bill to audit the fed.....which hundreds of house members have already stated their approval for.

The old obstacle used to be the senate.......but with a sure-fired sponsor there (Sen. Rand Paul, w00t) getting the bill introduced shouldn't be much of a problem.

Either way, the likelihood of it happening now is many times higher than it was just 1 week ago.

Tinnuhana
11-06-2010, 02:53 AM
What do we do if the Republican leadership merges committees or something as they did in the past to keep him out of a leadership role?

bandito707
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I think chances of getting an audit are better than ever. Here's why:

1. QE2 has created global criticism
2. Republican majority in Congress
3. Ron Paul is on track to become Chairman of the Monetary Policy Committee
4. Rand Paul will be a co-sponsor in the Senate.

FYI, I just posted a new thread about a national wide End the Fed meetup rally this Nov. 20th. I think now's the perfect time to strike when the iron's hot. Let's get out there and fight!

http://www.meetup.com/End-The-Fed/calendar/15368557/