PDA

View Full Version : How many allies did Ron Paul gain last night?

Mani
11-03-2010, 05:27 AM
How many liberty candidates made it to the house and senate?

Ron now has J. Amash and G. Bradley by his side. So there are 3 right there.

But I've seen in other forums a couple of other names people are cheering about who won a house seat. So how many are there?

In the Senate we now have Rand, does Rubio count as well?

Just curious to see which candidates and how many we have who will be able to team up with Dr. Paul in Washington. Even 1 and 1 can make eleven so just adding one more voice besides Ron Paul is great news.

bobbyw24
11-03-2010, 05:31 AM

Ron now has J. Amash and G. Bradley by his side. So there are 3 right there.

But I've seen in other forums a couple of other names people are cheering about who won a house seat. So how many are there?

In the Senate we now have Rand, does Rubio count as well?

Just curious to see which candidates and how many we have who will be able to team up with Dr. Paul in Washington. Even 1 and 1 can make eleven so just adding one more voice besides Ron Paul is great news.

Wait, Glenn Bradley/Gunny will be serving in the N.C. Statehouse and not the U.S. House of Rep.

Mani
11-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Wait, Glenn Bradley/Gunny will be serving in the N.C. Statehouse and not the U.S. House of Rep.

Oops. My bad.:o

Bern
11-03-2010, 06:56 AM

Thanks for starting this thread Mani. Too many discussions going on to follow everything this morning and your question is the bottom line.

Talking heads on CNN were saying that Ron Johnson (Senate, WI) was a tea party candidate - a first time politician. I haven't paid much attention to his campaign though (the issues on his website (http://ronjohnsonforsenate.com/home/issues/) look good with the exception of SS/medicare which look unrealistic IMO). Is he going to be a Rand Paul ally? I think DeMint will be largely supportive of Rand in the Senate. I'm not sold on Rubio.

I'd like to hear more feedback on the House from people who were paying more attention than I was.

malkusm
11-03-2010, 07:01 AM
I count the Ron Paul Caucus as 8 House members and 3 Senators:

House: Ron Paul (TX-14), Mick Mulvaney (SC-5), Justin Amash (MI-3), Tim Huelskamp (KS-1), John Duncan (TN-2), Jason Chaffetz (UT-3), Jeff Flake (AZ-6), Tom McClintock (CA-4).

Senate: Rand Paul (KY), Mike Lee (UT), Jim DeMint (SC)

Still waiting on: John Koster (WA-2), Ken Buck (CO), Joe Miller (AK)

bobbyw24
11-03-2010, 07:04 AM

House: Ron Paul (TX-14), Mick Mulvaney (SC-5), Justin Amash (MI-3), Tim Huelskamp (KS-1), John Duncan (TN-2), Jason Chaffetz (UT-3), Jeff Flake (AZ-6), Tom McClintock (CA-4).

Excellent

teacherone
11-03-2010, 07:08 AM
thanks malksum!

you rock!

sailingaway
11-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Excellent

Tom McClintock isn't Ron Paul. He's more....Rubio light, imho.

Kilrain
11-03-2010, 07:20 AM

Walter Jones, NC-03?

georgiaboy
11-03-2010, 07:24 AM
good thread, good question.

At this point I would hope all newly incoming could be potential allies. Let's build bridges!

We have a new US Rep in Georgia, Austin Scott, who supposedly is conservative and one I'll be watching as things move forward. In Georgia, though we re-elected bailouter Johnny Isakson by a ridiculous margin, so Georgia and conservative doesn't seem to mean much these days.

TheState
11-03-2010, 07:43 AM
You can add Tim Walberg (MI) to the allies in the House.

He got voted out in 2008, but he's back in now. He voted against Bush's bailouts and co-sponsored Ron Paul's bill to get rid of the IRS (and income tax), and several of Ron's SS and Medicare bills. He's not too good on social issues (a former minister), but hopefully those won't be the issue this time around.

malkusm
11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
You can add Tim Walberg (MI) to the allies in the House.

He got voted out in 2008, but he's back in now. He voted against Bush's bailouts and co-sponsored Ron Paul's bill to get rid of the IRS (and income tax), and several of Ron's SS and Medicare bills. He's not too good on social issues (a former minister), but hopefully those won't be the issue this time around.

Good to know....I'll check into him.

As for Walter Jones, I can't put him on the list with good conscience after he came out in support of the DISCLOSE Act....

malkusm
11-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Tom McClintock isn't Ron Paul. He's more....Rubio light, imho.

A lot of the names on the list are not perfect allies of Ron (Huelskamp, DeMint, Duncan, Flake, McClintock). However, I think they are much closer to Ron than they are to the GOP establishment; they will be staunch fiscal conservatives; they will have some knowledge of the Constitutionality of bills and will vote with that most of the time. Many on the list have been questioning of "nation-building" or American foreign policy as a whole, even if they haven't come out strongly opposed to our operations (for obvious political reasons).

All in all, I think we've done well, but we need to keep this trend going. We should have the capacity to pick up 20-30 House seats in 2012, as well as 2-3 more Senate seats.

But what I REALLY want to see is for more folks like Gunny to step up and get into state government. This accomplishes two large goals: (1) It advances the 10th Amendment and state sovereignity movements, and accomplishes change in the attitudes of our states towards our federal government; (2) It grooms potential candidates for House/Senate.

bolidew
11-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Excellent malksum! We should have a list sticky in our forum!!

doctor jones
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM

I would add Walter Jones to that list

propanes
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Newly elected Allen West of Florida District 22 had an impressive victory speech. He may support preemptive wars though.

YouTube - Allen west victory speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KeCuRnzxbM&feature=player_embedded)