PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Can Beat Obama In 2012

bobbyw24
11-03-2010, 04:50 AM
That’s why the 2012 race is tailor made for Ron Paul to step up and provide a genuine alternative to fix the trail of destruction that endless cycles of Democrats and Republicans have left. Indeed, by 2012 Obama will be so reviled that Paul would have little problem in defeating him. By far the bigger stumbling block will be securing the Republican primary because the Fox News neo-con media empire will aim all their big guns against Paul as they did in 2008.

Democrats who voted for Obama in 2008 will only be motivated to do so again if Republicans put forward a compromised candidate who can easily be characterized as George W. Bush 2.0. If Ron Paul runs against Obama, huge numbers of Democrats will take a back seat, and some may even switch allegiances, such is the profound sense of betrayal many liberals now feel towards Barry’s completely unfulfilled promises of hope and change.
Similarly, Independents hold far more negative views towards the likes of Palin and Gingrich than they do Ron Paul.

The Texan Congressman himself said that running for President in 2012 is “something I think about every single day,” while hinting that a further deterioration of the economy and a dollar collapse could spur him to throw his hat in the ring. Undoubtedly, Paul’s outstanding reputation as a respected fiscal conservative would be a hugely popular platform on which to build his campaign

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-can-beat-obama-in-2012/

thehighwaymanq
11-03-2010, 05:13 AM
I can not wait to see the entire Liberty movement assemble for his run in '12. We have such a possibility to do so much.

romacox
11-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Some of the wins were definitely a move in the right direction (like Rand Paul). However most were simply new faces of establishment Republicans. They claim to support the Constitution, but support "no child left behind", undeclared wars, and corporate welfare,"a living constitution", ext. Obviously they do not understand the Constitution.

In time, when the voters see the results, they will likely be more open to better candidates even if they have to vote independent. Hopefully they will not turn to the progressives who will be there to "save us". If libertarians and Constitutionalists do a good job of educating (rather than alienating) others, the voters will make wiser choices in the next election. This is our opportunity to make a difference.

bobbyw24
11-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Some of the wins were definitely a move in the right direction (like Rand Paul). However most were simply new faces of establishment Republicans. They claim to support the Constitution, but support "no child left behind", undeclared wars, and corporate welfare,"a living constitution", ext. Obviously they do not understand the Constitution.

In time, when the voters see the results, they will likely be more open to better candidates even if they have to vote independent. Hopefully they will not turn to the progressives who will be there to "save us". If libertarians and Constitutionalists do a good job of educating (rather than alienating) others, the voters will make wiser choices in the next election. This is our opportunity to make a difference.

Glad to see you back, Roma. Wonder if Rick Scott can pull it off?

K466
11-03-2010, 07:59 AM
If there ever was a more favorable time for Paul it's this time. We are just months or weeks away from the start of Ron Paul 2012! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tonewah
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM
The hardest part of a 2012 run will be the primary. BUT, we've got the big 'MO' on the liberty side. It's been almost 3 years since the '08 primary, and by the 2012 primary 4 years of elongated war and bad monetary policy will have the country screaming for RON PAUL! Even some of the neo-con chickenhawks are getting tired of it! I read an article today where BUSH was saying he OPPOSED invading Iraq!

They're backing up and we're moving forward!

AParadigmShift
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
It seems almost certain Gary Johnson will make a run in 2012, and if he does, what will Paul do?

:confused:

Two liberty-oriented candidates vying for the position?

Could be interesting....

boethius27
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Screw Gary Johnson. GO RON PAUL

AParadigmShift
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Ouch!

Why disparage any liberty-minded candidate a seat at the table?

The more the merrier, I say :D

jmdrake
11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
It seems almost certain Gary Johnson will make a run in 2012, and if he does, what will Paul do?

Could be interesting....

I seem to recall that Ron said he'd run only if there was no other viable liberty candidate running. So he (Ron) must think GJ isn't running.

Anyway, here's an idea. Maybe GJ to secure the libertarian party nomination. Then if/when Ron lost the GOP nomination there would be a libertarian candidate that was better than Bob Barr (fink who later endorsed Eric Holder for AG) to fall back on.

low preference guy
11-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Maybe GJ to secure the libertarian party nomination.

those familiar with Johnson know there is absolutely no chance he'll run for the LP nomination.

american.swan
11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I think they both should run. Gives liberty more time in the debates. Ron can be the sane choice while Johnson attacks the others voting records.

Imaginos
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Could be interesting....
Gary should stay put.
He's better than most but Ron Paul is million times better than him.

boethius27
11-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Ouch!

Why disparage any liberty-minded candidate a seat at the table?

The more the merrier, I say :D

I don't mind ol' GJ at all, but lets keep the focus here at Ron Paul Forums! :)

Thomas
11-04-2010, 09:12 PM
gary can be on stage, giving us more voices, and making ron look less radical and more mainstream, but no one better give gary money or time

Cherder
11-04-2010, 10:01 PM
gary can be on stage, giving us more voices, and making ron look less radical and more mainstream, but no one better give gary money or time

I like this idea. :)

Eric21ND
11-05-2010, 12:29 AM
We have to go all in for the primary and worry about the general later.

mrsat_98
11-05-2010, 05:54 AM

http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/04/ron-paul-on-gary-johnson-i-can

Ron Paul on Gary Johnson: "I can't imagine endorsing anybody else"

TortoiseDream
11-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I know for a fact that Gary Johnson is running for President.

socialvirus
11-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Ron Paul has more face recognition w/ Johnson which will sell him to undecided voters more. People will also go out in droves to vote in the primaries to vote for RP.

RP has also said he will most likely run if the dollar collapses by 2012, which is a good idea, but I want him to run regardless, but our credibility will shoot through the roof when the dollar dies, and we can have our own counter revolution as opposed to the revolution of the globalist elite central bankers.

In a way we will use the Hegelian Dialectic instead except for the fact that we did not start the crisis to begin with.

RM918
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
GJ's recognition is just too low, this is Paul's last and best shot. Johnson just doesn't inspire like Paul does.

james1906
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
GJ's recognition is just too low, this is Paul's last and best shot. Johnson just doesn't inspire like Paul does.

He has name recognition in New Mexico. He needs to challenge Bingaman for the Senate in 2012.