PDA

View Full Version : "He worked with Kennedy and Bush on the landmark No Child Left Behind bill"

itshappening
11-03-2010, 04:23 AM
The new Speaker of the House

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44597.html

squarepusher
11-03-2010, 04:30 AM
no child was horrible from what i hear

Sola_Fide
11-03-2010, 05:13 AM
Screw you John!

purplechoe
11-03-2010, 05:38 AM
remember this?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/PH2010092307228.jpg

romacox
11-03-2010, 05:48 AM
no child was horrible from what i hear

It definitely is. High school graduates of today enter college unable to work basic math problems, but can pass the government mandated tests like FCAT.

FCAT is a poor measurement of a child's success, and Florida representatives want to tie teachers pay to that disaster. The more government gets involved in our lives and that of our children's education, the worse things get...less functional.

Indy Vidual
11-03-2010, 05:50 AM
No Child Left Behind or No Child Gets Ahead? :eek:

Romulus
11-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Didnt he support the Patriot act too? Lets hope he has wised up.

AdamT
11-03-2010, 06:23 AM
John Boehner is total scum. Couldn't have picked a worse speaker.

osan
11-03-2010, 06:53 AM

BULLSHIT - you don't hope, you hold the little cockroach's feet to the fire!

This is a key problem with US politics - people go all crazy hard to get this one or that one elected, then disappear after elections are over. You must remain active. This is not an activity, it is a lifestyle that must be pursued daily if one is to have any hope of achieving and maintaining liberty.

It is always more work to to maintain the active motivation to keep what you have than it is for someone else to steal it. The thieves are always out there, always plotting and working to take what is not theirs. You have to be the same way or they will prevail.

Do not sit back and hope. That is for liberals, progressives, and other sissies and lamers. You must ACT. Without stern and uncompromising action, we may as well just capitulate now and save ourselves the waste of effort that half measures represent.

RM918
11-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

RforRevolution
11-03-2010, 07:05 AM
The male version of Nancy Pelosi.

ChaosControl
11-03-2010, 07:07 AM
The male version of Nancy Pelosi.

Get out of my head!

K466
11-03-2010, 08:11 AM
John is scum, let's treat him like Pelosi. unless he starting doing the right thing.

Dreaming: Speaker of the House Ron Paul :D

Pericles
11-03-2010, 10:17 AM

This is a key problem with US politics - people go all crazy hard to get this one or that one elected, then disappear after elections are over. You must remain active. This is not an activity, it is a lifestyle that must be pursued daily if one is to have any hope of achieving and maintaining liberty.

It is always more work to to maintain the active motivation to keep what you have than it is for someone else to steal it. The thieves are always out there, always plotting and working to take what is not theirs. You have to be the same way or they will prevail.

Do not sit back and hope. That is for liberals, progressives, and other sissies and lamers. You must ACT. Without stern and uncompromising action, we may as well just capitulate now and save ourselves the waste of effort that half measures represent.

Truth - last night Boehner said the right words - now there needs to be matching action.

Noob
11-03-2010, 04:20 PM
The patriot Act needs to be repealed. We need to make it as big of an issue as with Obamacare.

oyarde
11-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Truth - last night Boehner said the right words - now there needs to be matching action.

Yes .

JVParkour
11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I didn't vote for Boehner! I voted for the Constitution party guy running against him...lol

low preference guy
11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
this guy sucks

speciallyblend
11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
no child left behind is a great obama bush agenda!! no child left behind is the biggest joke in modern day history behind the failed drug war!

ItsTime
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I always use this line on my progressive teacher friends. "So you like no child left behind?" them, "no", me "I thought you liked big government" them, "but...but..."

amy31416
11-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't think I've ever met a Republican or Democrat who likes this legislation...why in the world hasn't it been repealed yet?

ItsTime
11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't think I've ever met a Republican or Democrat who likes this legislation...why in the world hasn't it been repealed yet?

Same reason we still have the DOE? It will look like "they dont support children"?

oyarde
11-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Same reason we still have the DOE? It will look like "they dont support children"?

Yep , DOE must go .

LibertyEagle
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM

WOOT!

That deserves +rep.

Matt Collins
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't like him either, but in this political atmosphere he may not have a choice but to act in a limited sort of way. We'll see.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
bullshit - you don't hope, you hold the little cockroach's feet to the fire!

This is a key problem with us politics - people go all crazy hard to get this one or that one elected, then disappear after elections are over. You must remain active. This is not an activity, it is a lifestyle that must be pursued daily if one is to have any hope of achieving and maintaining liberty.

it is always more work to to maintain the active motivation to keep what you have than it is for someone else to steal it. The thieves are always out there, always plotting and working to take what is not theirs. You have to be the same way or they will prevail.

Do not sit back and hope. That is for liberals, progressives, and other sissies and lamers. You must act. Without stern and uncompromising action, we may as well just capitulate now and save ourselves the waste of effort that half measures represent.

+1776

Daamien
11-03-2010, 09:52 PM
He is just another career politician and partisan hack.

RforRevolution
11-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Here's a guy who really knows how to get (buy) votes:

YouTube - Republican Minority Leader John Boehner explains why he handed out bribes on the House floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAC2xeT2yOg) :confused:

Btw, I truly feel that the only way to quell the partisan sentiment in Washington would be to elect a guy both sides hate...Ron Paul. Electing John Boner is just giving the left ammunition to throw back at us.

osan
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Get out of my head!

Jesus.... That... SO that...

I think my head's going to explodificate...