PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Mike Lee

itshappening
11-03-2010, 04:05 AM
I really hope these two can team up and be serious in terms of holding the rest of the Senate to account over balancing the budget.

As Rand says, they can argue over the spoils in the context of a balanced budget. It's time that argument is now not just made but advanced with all means necessary.

Rancher
11-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Ken Buck is leading in his race, so maybe he can join them too.

itshappening
11-03-2010, 04:14 AM
Lee and his staff spent most of Tuesday campaigning; he even had volunteers calling people an hour before the polls closed and encouraging them to go vote. He spent his night after winning talking to other elected officials or successful candidates, including Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, Sen. Jim DeMint, R-South Carolina, Rand Paul, the Senator-elect for Kentucky and Marco Rubio, Senator-elect from Florida.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/article_ddf087ba-d6d4-59e2-9393-1bd21cf309ab.html

it will be interesting to see if Sen. Marco Rubio is serious about what he said in his speech last night, if he also spoke to Sen. Paul then maybe he is .

Rancher
11-03-2010, 04:16 AM
It is great to see Ron Paul finally getting some serious support on capitol hill.

itshappening
11-03-2010, 04:18 AM
“Tonight we’re witnessing a great tide turning in Washington, D.C.,” he said during his victory speech. He held high a copy of the Constitution, which he said is inspired but too often ignored today.

But with his election, along with wins by other tea partiers, he said, “America is awake and watching.” He added, “I’ll tell you what’s next: Balancing the budget will work. Reining in federal spending will work. Reforming our distorted earmarking process will work. Achieving energy independence will work.”

Lee said, “The federal government is too big and too expensive,” and he has campaigned to fix it. “I intend to govern now as your senator with that very same philosophy.” He added that the federal government isn’t the solution to any problems, “The federal government is the problem.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50591893-76/bennett-convention-former-law.html.csp

Eroberer
11-03-2010, 04:23 AM
I wish Joe Miller was also going to DC

Original_Intent
11-03-2010, 05:51 AM
On the local news last night he mentioned Rand Paul twice as someone who he looked forward to working with, and also mentioned Demint and Rubio.

Indy Vidual
11-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Sen. Mike Lee (UT) :)

On the local news...

Are you also in UT-2? Close race, the RP candidate would have won if not for the big Salty city.

Original_Intent
11-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Sen. Mike Lee (UT) :)

Are you also in UT-2? Close race, the RP candidate would have won if not for the big Salty city.

Yep, I live in American Fork - where you at Indy?

I was up until the wee hours until Matheson was announced. Man that would have been a great win if Philpot had pulled it off. Ah well, maybe in 2012 we dislodge Matheson along with Obama.

Reid winning was probably the worst news last night. Lots of good news though.

itshappening
11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
bump