PDA

View Full Version : The focus has been on Congress, but how about the Governor's results!

NoPants
11-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Obviously everyone is very focused on the Congress results because of the disappointment in the lawmaking since Obama's election (and before), but how about the turn over in Governor's races. That is a lot of red states on the map for Governor's and in several states where you rarely see a conservative Gov.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2010/results/main.results/#G

To me this is an even bigger statement than a power change in the House. When the change happens at a local level, that's personal because it's about the things we see and feel directly. Voting on the national level is more removed and we feel less connected to those candidates (typically). I'm very happy to see this shift which I think has a lot to do with the squeeze everyone has felt on their wallets the last few years.

My greatest hope is that we will see action from the newly elected rather than the "business as usual" that can accompany a party is in power. In some ways I'm happy we have a mixed House/Senate because in my experience this will result in a lot of stale mates where nothing can get through. It's a little cynical, but a government that can't make any changes is better than what we've had for a long time. At least they can't make things worse.

DamianTV
11-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Well, one thing, Rory Reid (Harry Reid's dirty slimeball of a son) got his ass kicked by Brian Sandoval (who is someone elses dirty slimeball of a son). Gibbons was a Lame Duck, didnt even make it this far.

Nevada