PDA

View Full Version : So how many wins for Liberty?

RileyE104
11-03-2010, 01:02 AM
All I can see is:

HOUSE

- Ron Paul

- Justin Amash

SENATE

- Rand Paul

IDK about other states and cities, but here in Houston we voted to get rid of the red-light cameras and won!

I'm extremely upset to see Art Robinson, Gary Clift, John Dennis, Jake Towne, and BJ Lawson ALL lose... :mad:

RileyE104
11-03-2010, 01:03 AM
I do know about:

SENATE

- Jim DeMint

- Marco Rubio

- (possibly) Ken Buck

- (possibly) Sharron Angle

but I don't really count these people as part of our movement.

Indy Vidual
11-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Glen Bradley won his race.
There are even more, I think.

No1ButPaul08
11-03-2010, 01:16 AM
I do know about:

SENATE

- Jim DeMint

- Marco Rubio

- (possibly) Ken Buck

- (possibly) Sharron Angle

but I don't really count these people as part of our movement.

Sharron Angle lost.

You can add Mike Lee to this list.

Joe Miller too, he's down 4% to write-in, which is Lisa Murkowski. However, her name has to be spelled correctly to count. It will be interesting and should be close.

RileyE104
11-03-2010, 01:24 AM
So is there really no one else on the federal level?

I can't imagine us changing things with just RP and JA in the house..

I know Rand can go a long way in the Senate, but I was hoping our guys would have more help.

Mani
11-03-2010, 05:13 AM
So at the end of the day we have 3 in the house and 3-6 in the senate?

That's a lot more than a solitary Dr. No not long ago.

qh4dotcom
11-03-2010, 08:48 AM
I know a few Ron Paul supporters who were thrilled by the election of Rick Scott for governor in Florida.

grizzums
11-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Ron Paul endorsed candidate, John Koster, looks to be In good shape to knock off Rick Larsen in Washington state.

MRoCkEd
11-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Senate sucked.

Wins: Rand Paul, Mike Lee

Losses: Sharron Angle, Ken Buck, Joe Miller

I was expecting all five to win.

toowm
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I think we had definite progress this election, with greater success the smaller the race. Yesterday was all about the average voter expressing disgust with the economy and to a lesser extent, Democrats.

All of the local and statewide liberty candidates now have two years to show that freedom works on a small scale. Those successes can be copied by other states. It's already clear that the top-down, bureaucratic states are doing the worst, even when they get the most federal dollars.

I don't believe that the movement is going to make a huge difference in Washington DC just yet, but it is nice to have more than one voice. Gridlock in DC combined with some trial-and-error or especially nullification in the states would be wonderful.

We've got generations of faulty thinking to overcome. The internet is a huge asset, but personal contact is just as important. Elections don't change people's minds or hearts, but a consistent message, combined with some real success will draw more and more people to liberty.

TNforPaul45
11-03-2010, 11:12 AM
As I see it now, Rand Paul is now the undisputed leader of the "Tea Party," which is ironic, since it was stolen from his Father after 2008.