PDA

View Full Version : Drug dealers & Prison Industry victorious in California!

GreenLP
11-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Prop 19 falls in California, so the Prison Industry there will keep growing and local drug dealers don't have to get real jobs and they can still easily sell to kids. Mexican Drug Cartels expressed joy too.

BuddyRey
11-03-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm utterly devastated over this. If any state in the U.S. was going to have the balls to re-legalize, I would have thought it would be the so-called "liberal" state of California.

All the effort...all the funding into a marketing and educational campaign...yet it appears dumbocracy rules yet again.

HOLLYWOOD
11-03-2010, 12:21 AM
POLICE STATE Too... all that funding for fat salaries/benefits/pensions. Government Unions win again

I hope the state goes bankrupt.

Vessol
11-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Seriously? I'm honestly surprised.

GreenLP
11-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm utterly devastated over this.
Me too. I'm feeling depressed along with a big headache coming on. Oh Doc...! ;)

tremendoustie
11-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Give it an election or two, legalization will pass.

And most of the reason it failed was this flurry of scare ads about how it supposedly makes it illegal to fire people for showing up to work high.

GreenLP
11-03-2010, 02:38 AM
And most of the reason it failed was this flurry of scare ads about how it supposedly makes it illegal to fire people for showing up to work high.
Or a more general point that most people weren't opposed to legalizing pot, but opposed to some of the specifics of the proposition. That's a big difference people need to understand. Prop 19 was up 10 points just a few weeks ago, a clear sign the majority want pot legalized.

Meatwasp
11-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Or a more general point that most people weren't opposed to legalizing pot, but opposed to some of the specifics of the proposition. That's a big difference people need to understand. Prop 19 was up 10 points just a few weeks ago, a clear sign the majority want pot legalized.

You are exactly right.

pcosmar
11-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Perhaps someone can propose a better worded Legalization Bill next time around.
One without all the legalese and double talk and regulations.
Something that leaves no doubt or confusion nor benefits special interest groups.
;)

Just Legalize it
:cool:

Meatwasp
11-03-2010, 08:25 AM
The pot growers in my town voted no. Didn't want to lose their profit.

futo555
11-03-2010, 08:31 AM
The writing of the bill sucked. It would have created a whole new bureaucracy in Sacramento. Write a better bill and it will pass.

nathanmn
11-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I read only 3.4 million was spent in support of prop 19. For a super historic vote in the most populous state in the nation that is chump change. Supporters didn't put their money where their mouths were in order to win the media battles. Money matters. I think two years from now there will be bigger money spent in support of it, and hopefully a better thought out law will be proposed and it will pass.

Arizona and South Dakota also voted against making medical marijuana legal. In Arizona it was super close, less than half a percent I believe. We lost a few battles this time around, but the tide of the drug war is starting to turn in our favor.

squarepusher
11-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Prop 19 falls in California, so the Prison Industry there will keep growing and local drug dealers don't have to get real jobs and they can still easily sell to kids. Mexican Drug Cartels expressed joy too.

you are silly if you think prop 19 would have kept anyone out of jail. It created several new felonies, with 3/5/7 prision terms