PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Turns Red!

angelatc
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
The Michigan GOP has captured supermajority (26) in State Senate and majority (57, and possibility of getting to 61) in the State House.

Un-freaking-believable.

pcosmar
11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
The Michigan GOP has captured supermajority (26) in State Senate and majority (57, and possibility of getting to 61) in the State House.

Un-freaking-believable.

Yup, cept for some predictable blue corners.
Lets see what they do with it. (not holding breath)
;)

angelatc
11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
;)

You're right. Every time Justin Amash tweeted a vote, I noticed it was still most of the GOP lined up with the Democrats.

Pauls' Revere
11-02-2010, 11:37 PM

Un-freaking-believable.

Never thought I'd see the day...:D

Fox McCloud
11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
interesting; if tonight's election results are anything indicative of the upcoming 2012 election, things are not looking good for Obama; just about every single one of Ohio and Michigan's districts went Republican, as did the governorship (all of Ohio's top executive positions went Republican as well).

Unless things totally blow apart and the Democrats manage to somehow blame it on the Republicans, I wouldn't be surprised if 2012 turns out to be another slaughter for the Dems in the Senate and House...and possibly the executive.

Michigan11
11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Hell Yeah! a lil bit red

Out with GrandMole!!!!! woooooo

Pauls' Revere
11-03-2010, 12:08 AM
The rust belt want thier jobs back.

Ninja Homer
11-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Congrats, Minnesota is much the same. Governor race is turning into a nail-biter though.

DamianTV
11-03-2010, 01:43 AM
The rust belt want thier jobs back.

From who? The Chinese? The Japanese? Mexicans? Indians? Hell pick a country, which country do they want to take their jobs back from, and how the hell are they gonna do it? Voting in one Red Crook and voting out One Blue Crook means you still have a Crook in office.

Pauls' Revere
11-03-2010, 01:45 AM
From who? The Chinese? The Japanese? Mexicans? Indians? Hell pick a country, which country do they want to take their jobs back from, and how the hell are they gonna do it? Voting in one Red Crook and voting out One Blue Crook means you still have a Crook in office.

Do you even vote at all? I mean why do you bother?

DamianTV
11-03-2010, 01:50 AM
No, I didnt vote. Whats the point? Angle got her ass kicked by the huge number of mexicans in this state that all wanted Reid to keep on giving em easy illegal immigration, taking my job (I am now jobless, have been for about 2 weeks, thanks again Reid) and all sorts of benefits that are only available if you dont speak english. Me? Im white, so Im just fucked, and pissed off at every ripoff artist used car salesman and crooked politican that pass laws that allow us to get fucked. I think it is time I move the fuck out of this country. I give. I call uncle. Mercy. I quit.

Fox McCloud
11-03-2010, 01:52 AM

YouTube - south park-they took our jobs!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls)

THEY TOOK MAH JOB.

Seriously, you're not entitle to a particular job, type or job, or line of work; you are, however, entitled to pursue whatever you wish to in a free and open market.

nobody's_hero
11-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Seriously, you're not entitle to a particular job, type or job, or line of work; you are, however, entitled to pursue whatever you wish to in a free and open market.

Yep. Now where is one so I can persue whatever I wish?

moostraks
11-03-2010, 05:51 AM
There was no lack of third party choices in Ohio. These people have chosen from the frying pan to the fire. A couple of years with the new old party in charge should hand Obama a win as they will believe the now old party will save them. It is the definition of insanity.

I am amused that in my county Traficant was able to get 16% of the vote without really running any campaign against that troll Ryan. Having just got out of prison in time to run maybe a few years will give him some time to actually give people a reason to oust Pelosi junior.

moostraks
11-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Yep. Now where is one so I can persue whatever I wish?

:D

liberalnurse
11-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Pennsylvania went Red as well. My Rep. Chris Carny lost to Tom Marino, Republican Tim Corbett, Govenor. Lour Barletta beat Paul Kanjorski, and that's hugh. Pat Tommey beat Joe Sestak, Senate. And more but these are the ones that are close to me.

MozoVote
11-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Don't leave out North Carolina. First GOP house and senate since 1898!

pcosmar
11-03-2010, 07:30 AM
interesting; if tonight's election results are anything indicative of the upcoming 2012 election, things are not looking good for Obama;

Unless things totally blow apart and the Democrats manage to somehow blame it on the Republicans, I wouldn't be surprised if 2012 turns out to be another slaughter for the Dems in the Senate and House...and possibly the executive.

The (R's) have 2 years to piss a lot of people off,, or to do something right.

Think "track record".
I'll be watching.
;)

UtahApocalypse
11-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Well you see I cannot live in a blue state and moved here last year so changes HAD to be made :D

2young2vote
11-03-2010, 08:15 AM
The (R's) have 2 years to piss a lot of people off,, or to do something right.

Think "track record".
I'll be watching.
;)

Dan Benishek won the first district. I saw him in Mackinaw city and he is just a total idiot. Honestly, Glenn Wilson was a much better candidate

pcosmar
11-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Dan Benishek won the first district. I saw him in Mackinaw city and he is just a total idiot. Honestly, Glenn Wilson was a much better candidate

There is a Glenn Wilson Sign in the front of my property on M28.
:cool:

Dan Benishek is a bought and paid for puppet. Yeah "idiot" fits too.
:(

LibertyVox
11-03-2010, 08:28 AM
haha, Turned Red? I thought the commies took over. Woo Hoo WOLVERINES!

pcosmar
11-03-2010, 08:32 AM
haha, Turned Red? I thought the commies took over. Woo Hoo WOLVERINES!

Neo-Con = Trotskyite

Not far off.
:mad:

LibertyVox
11-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Neo-Con = Trotskyite

Not far off.
:mad:

Sorry, I couldn't imagine it without the Red Army choir.

The wolves have evolved it seems.

YouTube - The Soviet Union—Music & Propaganda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFCcPEEgZ_4)

dawnbt
11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
;)

No doubt! The Levin brothers, Dingell, and Conyers could shoot someone on live TV and be re-elected!:rolleyes:

dawnbt
11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know the last time the entire midwest went red???

angelatc
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Pennsylvania went Red as well. My Rep. Chris Carny lost to Tom Marino, Republican Tim Corbett, Govenor. Lour Barletta beat Paul Kanjorski, and that's hugh. Pat Tommey beat Joe Sestak, Senate. And more but these are the ones that are close to me.

Pennsylvania is huge. I've heard that it is traditionally a big tease - always appearing to be on the verge of going red, then holding its breath and turning blue at the last minute.

Not this time, I guess. :)

Obama messed up - he's gone and let the GOP be the party drawing the lines when the redistricting happens. Levin, Dingell, Conyers.....our state would be much better off without them.

I was reading a newspaper article about the state rep and senator from Ann Arbor. We have term limits, so the state rep was moving up to state senator and his protege was elected to state rep. She was sniffling that with the GOP in charge it would be difficult to get funding for schools and services...trust me when I say the schools around here are bankrupt. My kids are using books from the 1980's.

angelatc
11-03-2010, 09:27 AM

I know - the GOP dragged him out of nowhere when Stupak sold out on abortion and proclaimed him to be the TEA Party candidate. I was like, "WTF?" Plus he's about a million years old. Glenn Wilson should start saving his pennies, get active in the party, and be ready to run again when Benishek retires or dies.

angelatc
11-03-2010, 09:30 AM
There was no lack of third party choices in Ohio. These people have chosen from the frying pan to the fire. A couple of years with the new old party in charge should hand Obama a win as they will believe the now old party will save them. It is the definition of insanity.

I am amused that in my county Traficant was able to get 16% of the vote without really running any campaign against that troll Ryan. Having just got out of prison in time to run maybe a few years will give him some time to actually give people a reason to oust Pelosi junior.

I don't know how to say this diplomatically, but when are you going to realize that Ron Paul is right? 3rd parties don't stand a chance, and if we want to win the country back we have to get active in the GOP.