PDA

View Full Version : No Time to Rest

nate895
11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Post 10,000

I was thinking about what I was going to do for my big 10,000th post. Should I post a philosophical defense of Christianity? Should I write against libertarianism in favor of traditional conservatism? Should I do both? Well, I chose neither. I am thoroughly convinced I would need to come to your house with a jackhammer in order to get the reasoning through some of your heads. So, instead of doing that, I decided to do something that might get something done in the near term.

By this night is out, we could have a much friendlier House and Senate. We could be seeing an anti-incumbent wave. All the signs are that the traditional constitutional conservative message, exemplified by our very own Ron Paul, has the wind at its back. The GOP is unpopular. The Democrats are even more unpopular. What is that saying? The majority, or at least a large plurality, want a small government. Given these facts, it is hard to imagine a better time than tomorrow morning to start fighting to win in 2012.

How do we do this? First of all, we can’t trust the campaign. This “wave” that is building in this country for Republican candidates is almost entirely from grassroots activism. We need to put together teams to deploy to the important states this upcoming primary season: Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. We need to make it clear to the people in this country that the only way forward is to get the government out of the way and let people take charge of their own lives and property. Ron Paul is the only candidate who is willing and able to do that. Hopefully the Federal Reserve helps us out tomorrow by destroying our bank accounts. This needs to be made clear starting tomorrow.

So, we need to start working on six major projects starting tomorrow: Three for the three major early states, one on getting the Tea Party solidly (20%+ over the next guy) behind Ron Paul, another recruiting candidates, and the final major project needs to be the smearing of the other GOP candidates. These all have corollaries in a potential 2012 GE vs. Obama. The goal should be 250 dedicated boots on the ground in each of those states by March of next year, high negatives for anti-liberty candidates, a network of mutually supporting campaigns, and most importantly excitement and activism from the Tea Party.

We need to have a large grassroots effort, first and foremost because I suspect that there is huge voter fraud today (as they say, “if ya ain’t cheatin’, ya ain’t tryin’ to win”), we need to be able to closely watch the vote counting process and activities at every polling place in the country. This rejection of Obama, despite what I believe is large scale voter fraud, happened because people talked with each other and were convinced the government was too large and out of control.

Let’s get out there and save this country from decades more tyranny from the top down, and do it by building on the foundation from some significant victories tonight (I fully expect Buck, and possibly Angle to pull it off, considering where the votes are coming from) and the bottom up. I am really excited. The defeats over the past year only give me hope considering where we are compared to two years ago. At the rate of growth we have experienced over the past two years, we could very well win control of the Presidency and a significant number of Representatives and Senate seats in 2012.

Let's set a goal to have these important projects significantly underway by this January, and to be fully funded and working at full speed by the time of the first GOP presidential debate.

There is no better time than tomorrow morning to start work on this!

nate895
11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Why is everyone focused on the elections? The polls are closed everywhere, and we can't do much else to support good candidates. We can focus on 2012, which I truly believe is our last chance to save this country from tyranny.

wizardwatson
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Why is everyone focused on the elections? The polls are closed everywhere, and we can't do much else to support good candidates. We can focus on 2012, which I truly believe is our last chance to save this country from tyranny.
Good post Nate.

There's a lot of people on these boards who think the same way and every time there's a political campaign it seems we're drowned out by the campaigns mean everything crowd. Yes, campaigns are very important but a solidly organized movement able to support campaigns and other initiatives is even more important.

I'm keen to jump on this wagon with you but I'm out of country next week for a month. My idea was to start cataloguing our assets in the areas of IT, video, blogging, etc. but mostly IT, programmers/designers etc. There's a lot we "could" do but even more important is defining what exactly to do. RonPaulGraph/OperationCatHerder/mapping/gunny's forum idea, a lot of ideas, but we need to identify what we have first.

Lots of things we need/could/should do early. I'm back in country december, and I hope by that time people at least hear what you're saying as we need to do this for real and start driving these initiatives and campaigns instead of waiting for these campaigns to drive us.

nate895
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Good post Nate.

There's a lot of people on these boards who think the same way and every time there's a political campaign it seems we're drowned out by the campaigns mean everything crowd. Yes, campaigns are very important but a solidly organized movement able to support campaigns and other initiatives is even more important.

I'm keen to jump on this wagon with you but I'm out of country next week for a month. My idea was to start cataloguing our assets in the areas of IT, video, blogging, etc. but mostly IT, programmers/designers etc. There's a lot we "could" do but even more important is defining what exactly to do. RonPaulGraph/OperationCatHerder/mapping/gunny's forum idea, a lot of ideas, but we need to identify what we have first.

Lots of things we need/could/should do early. I'm back in country december, and I hope by that time people at least hear what you're saying as we need to do this for real and start driving these initiatives and campaigns instead of waiting for these campaigns to drive us.

That is a good place to start. However, I think we have the internet aspect pretty much down. The problem is that the internet can only net you a primary currently, and even then it isn't surefire and can only eek you out a victory if you are super-popular of Facebook and Twitter and you're in a small enough race. However, in the GE and higher profile races you still need to master traditional media and the ground game. I think we need primarily good videographers and researchers to make a serious dent in the upcoming Presidential primaries. Assuming the Tea Parties stay active, this could very well be one of the biggest turnout GOP presidential primaries ever.

wizardwatson
01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
nate895,

Anything come of this, the OP and all? Any updates?