PDA

View Full Version : What can we do now....Open thread forever...

phill4paul
11-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Congratulations. It wasn't luck. It was you, those that believe in you and your beliefs.

Keep this thread open or create a new one.

How can we help you now that you have pierced the veil?

aclove
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM
The North Carolina Campaign for Liberty has been busy collecting petition signatures for a North Carolina Firearms Freedom Act. The bill was written by Gunny just before he decided to run, and I as NC C4L Coordinator have been working on building support for it while Glen conducted his campaign. We secured verbal promises from Rep. David Lewis in the NC House and Sen. Andrew Brock in the NC Senate to introduce the bill. Now that Gunny has won, he may just want to introduce it himself.

It looks like Republicans are on their way to taking control of the NC General Assembly, so we'll shift to helping Glen round up support for this 10th Amendment bill.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I have still to write a report on federalization of cops, force continuums and fusions centers, Glen asked me for that weeks ago and still haven't got around to it.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I am hoping a real web guru will step up and help make one legislator and one 2012 campaign website going forward. I will have to start working donors since people who work hard deserve to be paid, but I do think we need this webwork done sooner than later.

Also, I am pretty committed to this virtual caucus thing that we posted on a while back. Pretty sure I've got the designer of that covered, I'll just need to get it funded.

Baptist
11-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Gunny you should have a website for yourself[edit: just noticed you got Glenbradley.net] and post an explanation for why you did or did not vote for a bill (like Amash posted his online). This could be the start of a long political career for you, and it would be cool to have all your info compiled in one place in case you move on to different office.
Also you could use your website to release frequent vlogs to your constituents. The media is lame. It would be cool to bypass them and just release vlogs to the people, or short radio broadcasts like Ron Paul does every week.

wizardwatson
11-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I am hoping a real web guru will step up and help make one legislator and one 2012 campaign website going forward. I will have to start working donors since people who work hard deserve to be paid, but I do think we need this webwork done sooner than later.

Also, I am pretty committed to this virtual caucus thing that we posted on a while back. Pretty sure I've got the designer of that covered, I'll just need to get it funded.

There are a lot of programmers/web designers on this board (I'm one). I've been thinking to try to get us all talking to one another and really try to hammer out a design for what you were talking about in your related thread with the specialized caucus thingy or whatever it was (I'm subscribed to it) along with some ideas I've had about surveys and other ideas.

I'm out of country for a month starting next week or I'd already be doing it.

Programming isn't difficult but designing something useful that we need is. And 20 programmers all going in "their own" direction trying to dream up a good solution isn't going to work. I think if we settled on some kind of organization amongst the various programmers to all work on a central platform, that would be fantastic.

But the design is critical and that has to be dreamt up from more than just programmers. We need to decide what exactly we want/need and hammer out a design. If the design is concrete the coding is easy.

We need to do better than CFL. It's basically just a poorly constructed forum.

KCIndy
11-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Gunny you should have a website for yourself[edit: just noticed you got Glenbradley.net] and post an explanation for why you did or did not vote for a bill (like Amash posted his online). This could be the start of a long political career for you, and it would be cool to have all your info compiled in one place in case you move on to different office.

Great idea! Could it be the start of GlenBradleyLibrary.com ??? :D

I really wish I knew how to do page construction and HTML programming. I would love to be able to help out with such a project. As it is, I'm lucky to be able to figure out how to surf the 'net... :rolleyes:

jacque
11-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Great idea! Could it be the start of GlenBradleyLibrary.com ??? :D

I really wish I knew how to do page construction and HTML programming. I would love to be able to help out with such a project. As it is, I'm lucky to be able to figure out how to surf the 'net... :rolleyes:

Same here. RPH had to tell me how to get a pic on the forum. :confused:

Freedom Mom

amy31416
11-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Aren't I due some sort of special privilege/kickbacks for having donated? That's how this works, from what I hear.

I demand a statue of Alfred E. Newman in city hall, STAT!

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2010, 08:02 PM
There are a lot of programmers/web designers on this board (I'm one). I've been thinking to try to get us all talking to one another and really try to hammer out a design for what you were talking about in your related thread with the specialized caucus thingy or whatever it was (I'm subscribed to it) along with some ideas I've had about surveys and other ideas.

I'm out of country for a month starting next week or I'd already be doing it.

Programming isn't difficult but designing something useful that we need is. And 20 programmers all going in "their own" direction trying to dream up a good solution isn't going to work. I think if we settled on some kind of organization amongst the various programmers to all work on a central platform, that would be fantastic.

But the design is critical and that has to be dreamt up from more than just programmers. We need to decide what exactly we want/need and hammer out a design. If the design is concrete the coding is easy.

We need to do better than CFL. It's basically just a poorly constructed forum.

What I'd really like to see is a truly open source type project that can be quickly scaled, networked, and replicated. I would expect it to catch on quickly - my only concern is I would want to monetize it just enough to pay off it's development. I'm not sure how to do that in an open source model.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Aren't I due some sort of special privilege/kickbacks for having donated? That's how this works, from what I hear.

I demand a statue of Alfred E. Newman in city hall, STAT!

Well, I uhh got these great post-cards - :p I could always print a picture of old Al on a label and cover up an image of town hall with it. Will that do? :D

amy31416
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, I uhh got these great post-cards - :p I could always print a picture of old Al on a label and cover up an image of town hall with it. Will that do? :D

Worst kickback ever! But sure, that'll do...

:p

KCIndy
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM

LOL! What *shameless* cronyism, ha!! :D

GunnyFreedom
11-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I just registered http://nc49.org/ and once I set up hosting I can set up subdomains. Still looking for hits on webhelp setting up and/or operating one or more sites at this domain. :)