PDA

View Full Version : Victory came 2 years later.

Mani
11-02-2010, 07:55 PM
So many people gave and sacrificed so much leading up to the 2008 Ron Paul Presidential election. Many of us began sacrificing in 2007, and I recall some extreme bitter disappointment back in 2008.

But we had started something bigger than just 2008, and I'm so happy that enough people who "WOKE UP" back then did not go back to sleep, and decided to use that energy and momentum and keep things going.

And now November 2010, we can truly enjoy the fruits of our labor, starting back all the way more than 3 years ago.

Congrats everyone. Who knew there would be a Tea Party movement? Who knew there would be a Campaign for Liberty organization? Who knew we could actually have another Dr. Paul in Washington?

Now Ron Paul has some allies, and he won't be the only "Dr. No" out there. There will be a voice that has to be heard and it won't be so easily ignored.

We are in uncharted waters and it's pretty exciting.

For now, congratulations, to all of you who have fought for the cause of liberty and freedom and finally get to enjoy a real victory!

torchbearer
11-02-2010, 07:59 PM
YouTube - For Liberty: How the Ron Paul Revolution Watered the Withered Tree of Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcIkoOwp7s)

Promontorium
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I too feel this is a bit of 'revenge for '08'

koob
11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Having someone from our movement in the senate is HUGE! If we'd all not gotten behind Ron in 2007/08 what are the chances Rand would have even had a chance at senator now?

Cardinal Red
11-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I thought 2008 was a huge victory. I know that there were some that really thought Ron Paul had a chance at the nomination, but I thought that was pure fantasy. It was a great achievement to do as well as we did fighting against the media and establishment But we scared the heck out of the establishment and started the Tea Party movement that has shaken up the 2010 election. Rand Paul's election was another great step in 2010-- and I'm glad he'll be joined by other Constitutional Conservatives.

In 2012 we can move the ball forward still further. We have everyone's attention now. :D

Agorism
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12825/slide_12825_173110_large.jpg

Paulitical Correctness
11-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I "went back to sleep" for two months.

What a night to end my hiatus!

Good thing you guys held it down. :eek:

AParadigmShift
11-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I too feel this is a bit of 'revenge for '08'

How's that again?

Revenge is a dish best served cold....

:D

torchbearer
11-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I "went back to sleep" for two months.

What a night to end my hiatus!

Good thing you guys held it down. :eek:

everyone needs time to recharge their batteries.

Mani
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I thought 2008 was a huge victory. I know that there were some that really thought Ron Paul had a chance at the nomination, but I thought that was pure fantasy. It was a great achievement to do as well as we did fighting against the media and establishment But we scared the heck out of the establishment and started the Tea Party movement that has shaken up the 2010 election. Rand Paul's election was another great step in 2010-- and I'm glad he'll be joined by other Constitutional Conservatives.

In 2012 we can move the ball forward still further. We have everyone's attention now. :D

Yes it was a victory, otherwise like you said, none of the other things could have happened.

But this time it feels like a solid concrete victory. A victory where no matter how hard the establishment tried, they could not keep Dr. Paul out of office. We had votes behind us, it tastes pretty sweet.

radiofriendly
11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
YouTube - Somewhere in New Hampshire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ7pzrTZiY&sns=em)
a few years ago in NH...

Paulitical Correctness
11-03-2010, 05:04 AM
everyone needs time to recharge their batteries.

Thanks torch! :D

Indy Vidual
11-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Exciting, Yes!

We are in uncharted waters and it's pretty exciting.

For now, congratulations, to all of you who have fought for the cause of liberty and freedom and finally get to enjoy a real victory!

Victory came 2 years later.
The new Senate Victory came 50-60 years later.
Taft / Goldwater / LP is born / Rep. Ron Paul / Ed Clark '80 / Ron Paul (L) '88 / Rep. Ron Paul (R) wins again :p / Ron Paul 2008 / Randslide 2010!

torchbearer
11-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Exciting, Yes!

Victory came 2 years later.
Victory came 50-60 years later.
Taft / Goldwater / LP is born / Rep. Ron Paul / Ed Clark '80 / Ron Paul (L) '88 / Rep. Ron Paul (R) wins again :p / Ron Paul 2008 / Randslide 2010!

as you point out- for the long time LPers, today is even more significant. (minus the purest)

Indy Vidual
11-03-2010, 06:44 AM
as you point out- for the long time LPers, today is even more significant. (minus the purest)

Yes, actually winning feels a bit odd. :p

torchbearer
11-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Yes, actually winning feels a bit odd. :p

this must be how it feels... wow.
I've been trying to get liberty candidates elected for 15 years. yesterday was a huge shift for us.
we have a few senators who are libertarian, lee, forsythe, paul
and others who will vote in our block most of the time.

Indy Vidual
11-03-2010, 06:55 AM
this must be how it feels... wow.
...yesterday was a huge shift for us...

I'm trying to avoid saying "Yeah!!, but..."
...too bad the post 911 damage is so bad.

1) Yes, It "sucks" the world is so messed up.
2) If the world wasn't so messed up we wouldn't be making so much progress.

http://blogs.hds.com/miki/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/yin-yang.jpg

Aqua Buddha teaches about balance. :p

Mani
11-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm trying to avoid saying "Yeah!!, but..."
...too bad the post 911 damage is so bad.

1) Yes, It "sucks" the world is so messed up.
2) If the world wasn't so messed up we wouldn't be making so much progress.

http://blogs.hds.com/miki/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/yin-yang.jpg

Aqua Buddha teaches about balance. :p

WWABD?

Time to break out the wrist bands and t shirts. What would aqua Buddha do?

Indy Vidual
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
WWABD?

Time to break out the wrist bands and t shirts. What would aqua Buddha do?

Does anyone know if Rand mentions "the Aqua Buddha thing" in his new book?