PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Isn't Hatin' On Rand Paul

angelatc
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
They will, but they're calling him the lead dog of the TEA Party. Ed Schultz just said that Rand Paul isn't beholden to anybody, and is going to be as much a problem for the GOP as for the Democrats. Said Jim DeMint will have to rein him in. Said his speech was great - "When was the last time you heard a speech like that? He wasn't just thanking the people behind him. He was telling Washington exactly how it is going to be!"

terp
11-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Ya, but Ed also tried to paint him as a wacko w/ the birther stuff.

BenIsForRon
11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
So what do you guys think? Could stopping the raising of the debt ceiling lead to a global economic collapse? I wouldn't think so, but Lawrence sure seemed convinced that it will.

PatriotOne
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I was just watching that. They were talking about Rand like he is now the most powerful Senator there is. It was wierd and exhilerating at the same time :eek: :D

terp
11-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Lawrence O'Donnel is a collosal douche. Remember his "interview" of schiff?

rp08rp
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Lawrence O'Donnel is a collosal douche. Remember his "interview" of schiff?

PHUCK that guy, He reminds of the shills that told everyone to DUCT TAPE their homes

angelatc
"Senator-elect Paul!" Hell yeah!

Keith Olbermann is a doofus. I wish we were all in a room watching this together. :)

He just mentioned that Rand Paul called us all slaves to debt, then asked Matt Kibbe is Kibbe thought that meant Paul would never vote to raise the debt ceiling, even if it meant a disaster for the rest of the world.

Right for the nuclear option. :)

Rand Paul is gonna bring doomsday! LOL!

jct74
Here is a video from earlier on MSNBC when the race was just called, but yeah, I heard they were discussing Rand a lot just a few minutes ago

They talk about Rand on and off throughout this video all the way to the end.

YouTube - "Aqua Buddha Be Praised!" Early 2010 Election Results (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16h6leVfLoE)

The Notorious OMG
11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I was just watching that. They were talking about Rand like he is now the most powerful Senator there is. It was wierd and exhilerating at the same time :eek: :D

I'm watching the local KET coverage in KY, and the panel openly wondered how long before Rand tried to run for president.

AQUA BUDDAH has smiled down upon us all tonight. My lord and savior, KROM, is happy as well

specsaregood
11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
So what do you guys think? Could stopping the raising of the debt ceiling lead to a global economic collapse? I wouldn't think so, but Lawrence sure seemed convinced that it will.

Of course it will. The world depends on a never ending supply of dollars.

But its gonna come to end sooner or later either way.

Libertea Party
11-02-2010, 07:50 PM

What these sleazy scumbags are doing is "propping up so the can tear him down" as the leader of the Tea Party. They want him to be the leader and then make up stuff about him like you just heard a little bit of. "He's a birther, a racist, dedicated two a world meltdown" and since "he's the leader of the Tea Party that's what they stand for!"

It's called defining your enemy and per Alinsky (http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm):

Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...

"...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'

"One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other." (pps.127-134)

Please get over the media mentioning us and realize the MSNBC=MSDNC as in an arm of the Democratic National Commitee. When they mention Rand Paul it's for a reason.

They wanted Rand to win the primary because they thought he couldn't win the general election. That's why they puffed him up in the first place. All the are is an appendage of the Democratic Party. Everything they do is strategic.

The only possible exception is the Morning Show which has a more liberty leaning conservative in Joe Scarborough.

We have an elected Senator now we need to think about how the left and, soon the neocon right, will try to bring him down.

vegetarianrpfan
11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
There are so many things wrong with those 12 minutes of TV that it's hard to know where to start.... often I'm really glad I've cut the cord on cable. This is one of those times!

sailingaway
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Rachael keeps saying he was on the record of being against it but he wasn't. .that is what Conway SAID but it never happened, he hadn't had to look at it that much at all. She's just trying to justify as fair asking the same question for 20 minutes when he kept trying to bring it back to current issues.

jclay2
11-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Although nothing is going to change with this election, I must say I am enjoying this MSNBC disaster.

low preference guy
11-02-2010, 08:19 PM

I recall that Peter Schiff's most important campaign promise was to filibuster the increase of the debt ceiling. I doubt Peter would vote for that if he believed it would bring "global economic collapse'.

specsaregood
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
I doubt Peter would vote for that if he believed it would bring "global economic collapse'.

I think he would.

smithtg
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Although nothing is going to change with this election, I must say I am enjoying this MSNBC disaster.

bachman just told matthews that "maybe the feeling isnt so tickly on your leg anymore" lmao

maddow i think is going to start crying any minute

matthews just called her an extremist after he lets her off the air

she is "hypnotized" too lol