NH1 Shea-Porter 43% Guinta 53% (12%) reporting -
NH2 Kuster 45% Bass 50% (4%) Reporting

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
//

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 07:50 PM
RCP calls NH 1 for the GOP.

Blow out in my district for Frank Guinta.

Shea-Porter-39% Guinta-57% (25%) reporting

Monarchist
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Is Guinta any good?

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Is Guinta any good?

Fair.

Very good on home schooling issues, an important topic to me.

amy31416
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
What site are you using for NH results?

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
What site are you using for NH results?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/2010/house_final_results.html

So far it looks like we'll flip the two rep seats in the House, replace the awful Judd Gregg with Kelly Ayotte, kinda of unknown quantity as far as I'm concerned, she could end being OK, or end up another Snowe or Collins, and the incumbent dem governor John Lynch will hold his seat, not that it is of any great concern to me, he's actually pretty good on liberty issues and economically, we're about in the best shape in the nation, with 5.4% unemployment, no income or sales taxes and budget slashing that reduced state deficits. The GOP candidate was weak. So I voted Libertarian for governor.

HOLLYWOOD
NO CHANGE... ESTABLISHMENT continues

Chieppa1
How are these Republicans? I mean, in terms of what New Hampshire should be.

Monarchist
Fair.

Very good on home schooling issues, an important topic to me.

Is he your new congress critter? If so, good on you, chap.

amy31416
11-02-2010, 08:11 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/2010/house_final_results.html

Hmm...trying to find out how Jim Forsythe is doing and that site doesn't help, neither does the one from Malkusm's thread: http://www.sos.nh.gov/general%202010/index2010.htm

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Is he your new congress critter? If so, good on you, chap.

Yup.

I'll be keeping a close eye on him, count on it.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
How are these Republicans? I mean, in terms of what New Hampshire should be.

Fair.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the NH GOP is as hidebound as anywhere else in the country, maybe more so.:(

MatM
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Is Guinta any good?

Is rhetoric seems very pro business, free market. I'm not sure about his foreign policy stances, but I remember liking what I heard and he is certainly better than Porter.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmm...trying to find out how Jim Forsythe is doing and that site doesn't help, neither does the one from Malkusm's thread: http://www.sos.nh.gov/general%202010/index2010.htm

Yeah, nothing posted there yet.

He's in the next county over, hope he gets in.

My state senate and house representation is pretty good actually, I've got no complaints and voted for all 5 of them.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Is rhetoric seems very pro business, free market. I'm not sure about his foreign policy stances, but I remember liking what I heard and he is certainly better than Porter.

Foreign policy is nothing special: blarg blarg, terrorism, blarg blarg Iran, blarg blarg North Korea, blarg blarg yay troops.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Ayotte holds the lead, both the NH1 and senate race were blowouts.

63 - 34 Senate

57 - 39 NH1 House.

51 - 45 A little closer in the NH2 race, that district is full of Massholes, the dem is a very liberal woman named Kuster running against a pretty typical GOP re-tread named Charlie Bass.

Nothing real exciting there.

toowm
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Forsythe looks like he won the state senate seat.

I'm in the 2nd house district and couldn't bring myself to vote for Bass.

Although Lynch (dem) won governor, did you see that every one of the 5 executive council seats (essentially potential vetos to spending from the governor) are looking republican?

All in all, NH reflects the GOP sweep, but because of our work in the primary, there are a lot more liberty reps (maybe around 50?!? out of 400), and a couple state senators.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Forsythe looks like he won the state senate seat.

I'm in the 2nd house district and couldn't bring myself to vote for Bass.

Although Lynch (dem) won governor, did you see that every one of the 5 executive council seats (essentially potential vetos to spending from the governor) are looking republican?

All in all, NH reflects the GOP sweep, but because of our work in the primary, there are a lot more liberty reps (maybe around 50?!? out of 400), and a couple state senators.

Great, thanks for that, where are you getting the local race info?

Yes I saw that too, the council, and that's great news, my local reps are pretty good.

Personally, I'm not that displeased with Lynch, how about you?

toowm
11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.wmur.com/election-results/25564691/index.html

I want Lynch to stop increasing regulation and ticky-tack taxes and fees. I was appalled that he vetoed the medical marijuana bill. Stephens would have been better on some things and worse on others. Repub (liberty-leaning at the margin) House, Repub (conservative) Senate and Exec Committee, and Dem (moderate) Governor is not a bad place to be for the next two years. Definitely better than the last two.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.wmur.com/election-results/25564691/index.html

I want Lynch to stop increasing regulation and ticky-tack taxes and fees. I was appalled that he vetoed the medical marijuana bill. Stephens would have been better on some things and worse on others. Repub (liberty-leaning at the margin) House, Repub (conservative) Senate and Exec Committee, and Dem (moderate) Governor is not a bad place to be for the next two years. Definitely better than the last two.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.

We're in a much better place than we were two years ago.