PDA

View Full Version : TV AD packs a punch! Shows China in 2030 owns America!

Deborah K
11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow! If this doesn't open your eyes, nothing will!

YouTube - Chinese Professor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM&feature=player_embedded)

kidal25
11-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow

awake
11-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Funny stuff... If I borrow a million dollars from a bank and blow it on hookers and corn beef, who gets owned when it is not repaid? The bank can't collect what I have spent it on.

The debtor always rules the roost, the creditor is always under the impression that he can do something more to help the borrower to repay. Chasing good money after bad so to speak...

As for own-age, if the Chinese wish to invade and try to repo America, they will be throwing away even more money that won't be collected. It ain't going to happen.

Goldman Sachs should make the same commercial, and instead make the Chinese the butt of the joke... They were stupid enough to lend the money to crack whores claiming they were going to make millions in high producing swampland.

Yes, the Chinese own a bunch of promises to pay, but they are the owned.

Deborah K
11-03-2010, 07:25 AM
I guess it depends on what we gave as collatoral.

furface
11-03-2010, 07:37 AM
I guess it depends on what we gave as collatoral.

Basically monopoly money. The Chinese know this at a certain level.

The issue of "monetizing the debt" is not if, but when. There's no way we're going to pay down 13 trillion except with inflation. Everybody knows that.

The only true way the Chinese can "own" America is if they actually own our factories, distribution channels, and our natural resources. I find that highly unlikely.

What's more likely is that they slowly detach themselves from the dollar and their dependency on American trade. The future of America is that it will become increasingly irrelevant in the world. That's actually a good thing.

Deborah K
11-03-2010, 07:44 AM
So they graciously loaned us billions, if not trillions of dollars out of the goodness of their hearts? Surely there is something in it for them.