LibertyEagle
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
tune in

rp08orbust
11-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Keynesianism is bad, mkay.

MRoCkEd
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
He was dissing QE2 big time. Enjoy the elections today - the Fed is killing the economy tomorrow.

squarepusher
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
uggh, Beck

purplechoe
11-02-2010, 04:05 PM

http://www.sameks.net/random/do-not-play-with-communism.jpg

LibertyEagle
11-02-2010, 04:09 PM

I got a phone call, so I couldn't listen after the very first, but he was condemning it wasn't he?

StilesBC
11-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Unless he simultaneously condemns Monetarism, he remains a hypocrite.

rp08orbust
11-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I got a phone call, so I couldn't listen after the very first, but he was condemning it wasn't he?

I'm sure he was--that was just a bit of South Park humor.

LibertyEagle
11-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Oh sheesh.

I'm no Beck lover, but the fact that he even raised the issue of Keynesian economics and condemned it, is a first for the MSM. Most people out there don't even realize there are different schools of economics. They think there is just one. So, if he brings this to light, it's a good thing.

That does not mean I trust the guy.

Tinnuhana
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Limbaugh's been denouncing Keynesianism for a month or so now. Way to jump on the Paul bandwagon without giving credit where it's due, Rush! Someone should ask those guys where they first heard about the perils of Keynes.

ababba
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
What is wrong with Keynesian Economics? Not what is wrong with the policy recommendations of Keynesians, but what is wrong with Keynesian Economics?

If you believe monetary policy affects output and prices are not perfectly flexible you believe in Keynesian Economics too.

NoHero
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't watch beck much, but it was hilarious when he showed the people from the Restore Sanity Rally's reactions to a sign that said "Obama is a Keynesian".

Watch at theblaze.com

AlexMerced
11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
What is wrong with Keynesian Economics? Not what is wrong with the policy recommendations of Keynesians, but what is wrong with Keynesian Economics?

If you believe monetary policy affects output and prices are not perfectly flexible you believe in Keynesian Economics too.

Watch my video dismantling Keynesian economics, and I understand that New Keynesians and Post-Keynesians are slightly different math obsessed group... but their focus on multiplicative correlation I feel distract them trying to identify problems and causation.

The obsession of finance people with COrrelation coefficients is fine for investing but damn near disatrous and irresponsible when advocating policy to affect the REAL ECONOMY

FrankRep
11-02-2010, 05:47 PM

Glenn Beck has attacked the Federal Reserve several times.

romacox
11-02-2010, 06:00 PM

Yes he was. He showed a video in which Obama supporters thought Keynesian was the country he was born in, and had no idea it was an economic theory.

Here is the link to that video...it is quite funny.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stewartcolbert-rally-goers-obama-is-not-a-keynesian-hes-an-american/

ababba
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Watch my video dismantling Keynesian economics, and I understand that New Keynesians and Post-Keynesians are slightly different math obsessed group... but their focus on multiplicative correlation I feel distract them trying to identify problems and causation.

The obsession of finance people with COrrelation coefficients is fine for investing but damn near disatrous and irresponsible when advocating policy to affect the REAL ECONOMY

I can assure you that the basic Keynesian model of any age is just a sticky price model. If you don't believe prices are perfectly flexible, it makes you a Keynesian. Do you think that prices are perfectly flexible?

1000-points-of-fright
11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
I bet if Keynes could see what was going on in his name even he would be appalled.

Son of Detroit
11-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Bump, Beck talking about the Fed and QE2.

Xchange
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Bump, Beck talking about the Fed and QE2.

Yeah saw that...good shit so far
He even mentioned the Amero

eOs
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Great Beck show today

Slutter McGee
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Yeah...because Friedman = Marx.

Give me a break.

Slutter McGee

Jordan
11-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Fear mongering hard today...

Stary Hickory
11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I can assure you that the basic Keynesian model of any age is just a sticky price model. If you don't believe prices are perfectly flexible, it makes you a Keynesian. Do you think that prices are perfectly flexible?

Sorry this is absolute trash and is not even presenting Keynesianism at all. You need to give a little more depth about what you are talking about. Keynesianism is a well documented and understood phenomena. You are trying to make a point with an absolute ridiculous statement.

Let me do a rebuttal in the same fashion: Do you think the Earth is round? Thought so that means Keynesianism is absolutely retarded.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2010, 01:15 PM
WTF...

I was given negative rep by Josh and his squire, Kotin, for posting that Beck was talking about Keynesianism on his TV show. Oh noes, I broke one of Josh's cardinal rules. There is NEVER anything on Beck's TV show worthy of using to spread our message. :rolleyes:

lolol

I don't trust the man either. But, once in awhile he puts forth information that is absolutely on target with Ron Paul's message. And if we are smart, we can use that specific segment to open the eyes of a lot of other people.

Is this what your little repping deal is about, Josh? If so, it's full of hypocrisy; not to mention horseshit.

Theocrat
11-05-2010, 01:19 PM
WTF...

I was given negative rep by Josh and his squire, Kotin, for posting that Beck was talking about Keynesianism on his TV show. Oh noes, I broke one of Josh's cardinal rules. There is NEVER anything on Beck's TV show worthy of using to spread our message. :rolleyes:

lolol

I don't trust the man either. But, once in awhile he puts forth information that is absolutely on target with Ron Paul's message. And if we are smart, we can use that specific segment to open the eyes of a lot of other people.

Is this what your little repping deal is about, Josh? If so, it's full of horseshit.

For the last time, LE, Obama was born in Hawaii, not Kenya! You and Beck should know better.

Dr.3D
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
WTF...

lolol

Is this what your little repping deal is about, Josh? If so, it's full of hypocrisy; not to mention horseshit.

What is so bad about posting about Beck talking about Keynesian economics on his show? I don't get it.

And to neg rep someone for doing so, is pretty much saying the 1st amendment is null and void.

Dr.3D
11-05-2010, 01:21 PM
For the last time, LE, Obama was born in Hawaii, not Kenya! You and Beck should know better.

Oh, now I get it. Perhaps they thought the post was in the wrong area of the forums?

Deborah K
11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
WTF...

lolol

W T F ???????

Here's a +rep to try and negate it.

Josh, Kotin wuzzup? Beck has been railing on keynesian economics and the Fed. Isn't that a good thing?

JK/SEA
11-05-2010, 01:54 PM
blenn gleck for prez 2012

>burp<

FrankRep
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM

Josh, What's up man?

Slamming Keynesian economics will get you negative reps?

MRoCkEd
11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Beck talking about the Fed monetizing the debt again tonight.