PDA

View Full Version : Brady Campaign gives Obama an "F" for his 1st year in office

The Freethinker
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I have to admit I wasn't expecting this... (http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/reports/fedleg/obama-1styear-report.pdf)

amy31416
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
One of the few good things I can say about Obama.

Acala
11-02-2010, 02:50 PM

It's not because he cares about your freedom. It's because all the political wind is blowing towards more gun freedom, not less.

TruckinMike
11-02-2010, 03:12 PM
If I know leftists like I think I know leftists... I would say that is an attempt at lessening the fears of pro-gun democrats (every vote counts) -- Its about the 2012 re-election of der Führer.

TMike

amy31416
11-02-2010, 04:09 PM
It's not because he cares about your freedom. It's because all the political wind is blowing towards more gun freedom, not less.

Oh I know...didn't mean to imply that I would thank him for it...

GreenLP
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I think Brady was the real target... just MO.

Madly_Sane
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
when did people NOT REALIZE THIS??

Promontorium
11-08-2010, 02:39 AM
People have been giving him credit for recent "positive" events.

1. Supreme Court ruling you can regulate guns up to nearly entirely banned, just like freedom of speech, oh wait...
Obama's role: Put in a justice who voted against even the most basic and restrictive admission that the Second Amendment exists, and when I hold up 2 fingers you see 3.

2. Loaded guns allowed in Federal parks.
Obama's role: It was stuffed into a corporatist cell phone bill that helped kill just a little bit more of our liberty to simply assert an entirely useless right to bear arms in the middle of fucking nowhere. Obama passed the bill, for whatever that's worth, calling him pro-gun for it is idiotic.

3. Hasn't introduced anti-gun legislation, yet.
Obama's role: Oh that's right, this isn't a parliamentary system, what the hell are presidents doing dictating legislation?

For me, here in CA, ain't nothing looking up. Nothing but new laws down the pipe like having to provide fingerprints/background check to buy bullets. It will be a cold day in hell when California even slows down on trying to legislate against guns. Never will even one law be repealed. So glad Jerry Brown and Boxer are going to take California back... from all those two or three Republicans ever elected in this state.

Koz
11-12-2010, 04:19 PM

He just hasn't gotten around to it yet. He's too busy taking away our other liberties.

roho76
11-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I agree with Brady on something? Wow!