PDA

View Full Version : The Street: Ron Paul gaining Power Today!

Arklatex
11-02-2010, 12:01 PM
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gold prices were popping Tuesday morning as investors eagerly awaited the outcome of the U.S. midterm elections and the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday.
More on NG

While many gold investors have already accepted and factored in a Republican retaking of the House and greater Republican clout in the Senate, many also believe that gold still has more upside given the boost the Republican win would provide one of the loudest critics of the Federal Reserve and supporters of the gold standard: Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul.

It's my top Article when I log into Google.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10908271/1/gold-prices-pop-on-election-enthusiasm.html

dannno
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
lol, they have it completely wrong.

IF the Republicans actually stuck to their principles and vastly reduced the size of government, decreased regulations and taxes and increased interest rates to market levels then it would be better to invest in local production.

The reason Schiff and others are investing in gold is because they are sure that despite our efforts to do so, government size and scope will increase, boosting inflation and the incentive to own gold.

They don't realize that we are working against our own investments by being apart of the liberty movement.

They don't "get it" at all.

Bern
11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Gold's upside isn't predicated upon Ron Paul's success in auditing or ending the Fed. It is predicated upon the fate of the dollar and world wide sovereign debt/currency issues. The issue is much, much bigger than Ron Paul vs. Fed.

I am hopeful that the article's authors are correct about these elections giving Ron a bigger voice/stick in Congress though.

TonySutton
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Gold is a hedge against our struggle for Liberty!