PDA

View Full Version : Caruso-Cabrera: The Real Reason Independents Have Turned Against The Democrats

StilesBC
11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/39965179?par=aol
(http://www.cnbc.com/id/39965179?par=aol)
Holy crap! I can't believe I just read something so logically non-partisan on CNBC!

But she would have done better to simply call these "independents" what they are: Libertarians.

Fiscal conservatism fused with social liberalism is Libertarianism as defined by its founders: Bastiat, Say, Menger, Boehm-Bawerk, Mises, Hayek, etc.

Yes, monetarists like Greenspan and Friedman have tried to redefine Libertarianism as a new kind of society run by the central bank. Thankfully, they failed.

Call them whatever you want: libertarians, independents, classical liberals, austrian economists. Doesn't matter. People know they want it, even though its exact definition has been under attack for 100 years.

We're winning. We're just lacking the "identity" that other parties have developed for themselves. As a party of independent-minded people, perhaps it is better that way. Fewer and fewer are buying into the "party branding" meme.

xd9fan
11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Yet, for decades the choice has been either A.) a party that didn’t want to overtax me, but seemed awfully concerned about what happens in people bedrooms, or B.) a party that was far more tolerant on social issues but loved spending taxpayer money to “fix” things.

is what happens in other peoples bedrroms still a GOP issue???
Besides Debt the biggie will be WAR..................the GOP loves WAR/foriegn entanglements.......the true test of many so called "tea party people"

HOLLYWOOD
11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera is a Libertarian.

She just has to tone it out where she gets her paycheck.

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera[B][I] is a Libertarian.

I have always gotten the impression that she's an Oligarch groupie, and that she's a "libertarian" in the same sense as Jeb Bush. (I.e. global corporatist who uses libertarian philosophy to defend anything the Oligarchy does.)

dean.engelhardt
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for sharing this fantastic article. When government stop being left/right and starts addressing statist/libertarian, the people are going to have better choices.

lester1/2jr
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
YouTube - my date with michelle caruso cabrera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc18-hUXBHU)

HOLLYWOOD
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I have always gotten the impression that she's an Oligarch groupie, and that she's a "libertarian" in the same sense as Jeb Bush. (I.e. global corporatist who uses libertarian philosophy to defend anything the Oligarchy does.)

There a few slips of her tongue... but almost everyone at this corporatist Biz channels are going to report to whoever signs their paycheck. $500K salary is plenty to button their lips... just as long as they vote Libertarian.

Have any of the hacks at CNBC written such a great article as Michelle did, sneaking this one out? Nope

Look at that gang at CNBS... 99.9% are worthless agenda garbage.