PDA

View Full Version : After Rally Party?

iskimtsnow
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Is there any talk of after rally parties and events? Alot of us are coming from out of town and need something to do afterwards. Book a venue for a fundraiser with a band. Things like that. If people are going to be out spending money it may as well be with fellow RPers and have the money go to the campaign. Maybe meetup groups could hold events, the Boston, New York, ETC ....after party?

sedele
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I know a bunch of us are trying to go bar hopping afterwards. But if we can actually organize a party, that would be great.

terlinguatx
10-19-2007, 04:11 PM

AFTFNJ
10-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Make sure your decked out in your RP gear!!!

meghandan1
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
The good news is that from 5th STreet to Second on Market which is the street on which Independence Mall lies are about a dozen restaurants and bars and also go alond 2nd one block to Chestnut, both of these have many places to hang out and lots with outdoor seating so if it is nice you can be seen in all your gear!

TexMac
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I would prefer a party. It's easier to meet people. Plus, I have teenagers coming with me.

AFTFNJ
10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Whats the parking situation?

sedele
10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Whats the parking situation?

It's Saturday, so there might be some parking on the street. But with the rally going on that day, they'd probably be all gone by mid morning.

There are a good amount of garages in the area, but be prepared to pay top dollar (not as bad as NY though).

My suggestion is to carpool and get there early. Since you're in Jersey, the best thing to do would be to take the train right into the city.

paulicywonk
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
The parking situation is going to be difficult. You know, we might do well to set up some vans running from some other point. Maybe where the after party will be.

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 06:53 PM
How close is the location to South Street?

meghandan1
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
It is about 8 blocks, I'd say 3/4 mile or less and easy walk. Here is a little info for everyone, I will try to find a location for a party, but there is an issue with this part of Philadelphia. Since it is Old City, most of the buildings, even those with restaurants, are small. They've been there 200 years. So finding one big spot might be challenging. As I mentioned further up the thread, 5th-2nd street and Second Street along 4th to Chestnut have lots of restaurants, so many groups could crawl along to many locations and spread the cheer. I do have an idea or two for a gathering place and will be downtown this weekend at the same spot for the Anti-war rally. I will either scout tomorrow or then, seems like many people do want a central place to go. Does this help?

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
ooh ooh also, can you smoke in bars in Philly? Because that would make it even better.

meghandan1
10-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Guess what, will double check, they passed the ordinance last year to ban it, then repealed it for a while but I'll let you know.

brandon
10-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Most bars have smoking banned. There are a couple which are exempt. One bar that allows smoking and is only 2 blocks from the rally site is called "sugarmoms". Im sure you can google it and find out an exact location. It is a really cool place.

meghandan1
10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Brandon,
what do you thins about Reading Terminal as one option? I personally would head into Old City, and not so much worry about one location for a party, but R.Terminal gives families, people on a budget another option. Feedback please.

brandon
10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Yea reading terminal will be good for some people.

Personally, I am going to have to join you in going to olde city after the rally. I'm up for some bar hopping.

parke
10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
I havent been to Philly in years.. I want to see the historic sites and liberty bell. Im hoping Ill have a good paycheck this weekend and be able to go.

schvenzlerman
11-07-2007, 10:55 PM
How close is the location to South Street?

The rally is 7 blocks from South St.

djahn
11-08-2007, 11:08 PM
The Delaware County Group is looking into the availability of a large room for an after rally affair. We will book one if there are any available. We won't know until sometime tomorrow.

David Jahn

iladelphxx
11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Finnegan's Wake at 3rd and Spring Garden is huge, and has both Modern Rock bands (upstairs main stage) and Live Irish Music (downstairs pub)

This place easily holds 1500-2000 people

CarmenCalderone
11-09-2007, 06:04 PM
The Revolution continues after the rally...

Come, get out of the cold and have fun!!!

Ron Paul after Party with music by poker face.
3:30-7:00 pm
$20 (includes one drink ticket)

Come to the after party to socialize, eat, drink, and share your thoughts about Ron Paul and the rally.

Located a few blocks from the rally.
Buffalo Billiards, 118 Chestnut St.
(Between Front & 2nd on Chestnut)

ALL Proceeds are Considered Contributions to Delco for Liberty!!!

Check out the official flyer and order your tickets now!!!
www.delcoforliberty.com

Delco for Liberty is a political committee formed by Delaware County citizens dedicated to establishing a limited government with lower taxes and respect for the Constitutions of Pennsylvania and these United States.

Our candidate of choice for President is Ron Paul.

We are still evaluating the choices for other offices hoping to identify candidates deserving of our support.