PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not voting for Carl Palladino

AuH20
11-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Three reasons to not to vote for Carl Palladino:

(1) He would use the powers of eminent domain to usurp private property rights in the state
(2) He has a history of donating significant sums of money to known enemies like Charles Schumer and Hillary Clinton
(3) He backtracked by saying 20% cuts are not feasible. You know what's not feasible Carl? A complete shutdown of all state services.

I cannot in good conscience vote for this fraud.

I will cast my vote for Warren Redlich.

alsis8xmy
11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
+1 for Warren Redlich

Peace&Freedom
11-02-2010, 07:34 AM
+2 for Redlich!

Maximilian American
11-02-2010, 07:51 AM
+3 for Redlich

Vote for your principles!

Elwar
11-02-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm not voting for Carl Palladino either.

AuH20
11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm not voting for Carl Palladino either.

When I heard the 20% reduced budget retraction, I went nuts. I was wavering to vote for him, but that sent me over the edge. I was willing to overlook some things considering the context of the election. But this guy is a joke. I like Warren and wish he got more press coverage.

BenIsForRon
11-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Plus, he's a sketchball

low preference guy
11-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Plus, he's a sketchball

thread was going great

RforRevolution
11-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Not voting for him.

Daamien
11-02-2010, 08:45 AM
I would never vote for him.

Tal
11-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Carl Paladino seems like a nutter to me, even if he says the right things I think his weird behavior would hurt the liberty movement in the long run if he was elected.

LisaNY
11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
I voted for Redlich this morning. My husband just called and said he is also going to vote for him.

Wiseburn
11-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I like Warren and wish he got more press coverage.

http://wredlich.com/ny/2010/11/please-vote/

It’s Election Day. Thanks to all of our supporters for your effort and encouraging words.

Now please vote. Polls opened at 6 am and they close at 9 pm.

And now, some words from the media …

“We’ve been particularly impressed by Libertarian candidate Warren Redlich … who distinguished himself at the lone gubernatorial debate with reasonable, well-considered, educated responses to discussion of the state’s problems. He is willing to be specific about how he will eliminate several state agencies, end corporate welfare, and cap public sector pay and pensions as a way of stopping the state’s wasteful spending practices.”
— Glens Falls Post Star editorial

“New Yorkers deserve better. Before Election Day, they need a one-on-one showdown between the two most serious candidates. Cuomo and Redlich, that is.” — Bill Hammond, NY Daily News

“Warren Redlich, the Libertarian candidate, has offered the most articulate responses, throwing in a few jabs at Mr. Cuomo and Mr. Paladino and adding a populist touch by citing names of New Yorkers who could benefit from overhauled spending policies.” — Michael Grynbaum, NY Times

At the debate, Warren “seemed to be the smartest guy in the room.” — Chris Burrous, WPIX-TV

I rest my case: Warren Redlich for governor. — Donn Esmonde, Buffalo News

kahless
11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Just got back from registering my vote.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6315/ballotx.jpg

Elwar
11-02-2010, 01:47 PM
When I heard the 20% reduced budget retraction, I went nuts. I was wavering to vote for him, but that sent me over the edge. I was willing to overlook some things considering the context of the election. But this guy is a joke. I like Warren and wish he got more press coverage.

That, and I don't live in NY...

:D

AuH20
11-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Just got back from registering my vote.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6315/ballotx.jpg

I hope you voted against Schneiderman for DA. The guy is a tyrant.

kahless
11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I hope you voted against Schneiderman for DA. The guy is a tyrant.

I voted for the Libertarian candidate since neither of the two main party candidates in this case appeal to me. Eric Schneiderman is a rapid radical pro-Abortionist and wants to ram down his extreme liberal beliefs on the rest of the state. His opponent, Dan Donovan has these bullets on his website I have a problem with.

Domestic Violence: improving the use of technology
•I recently authored the Domestic Violence Law of 2010, a law that was introduced in the state legislature to protect victims of domestic violence, by strengthening orders of protection, improve the use of technology in enforcing orders of protection and to protect women from all forms of domestic violence. This law must be passed. As Attorney General I will help local law enforcement to prosecute all perpetrators and protect all victims of abuse.

There are more false claims of domestic violence than there are actual legitamate claims for the purpose of one party gaining an advantage in divorce and child custody disputes. Since he has not stated specifics I have concerns here he is pandering to radical feminist groups and thus any laws passed will hurt the innocent victims falsely accused. What is wrong with the laws we already have on the books, Donovan?

Illegal Guns:
•As district attorney, I have fought to keep illegal guns off the streets in Staten Island, and have taken this issue to Congress as well. We must stem the flow of illegal guns into our state, close all sale loopholes that endanger safety and security and protect the rights of law abiding citizens.

Wtf? We have a right to bear arms therefore there should be no such thing as "illegal" guns. It is almost impossible to buy a firearm here in NY so I can understand why we have illegal weapons. Sounds like he will piss all over our 2nd amendment rights for the entire state to fix a local Staten island problem.

Just over the summer I saw this poor Georgia couple, elderly seniors, come up the Hudson River in their yacht on vacation. They were quickly borded by a dozen jack booted thugs that hauled them off for carrying illegal guns. Guns that they had proof of ownership and were legally licensed. But God forbid, they crossed a state line with them.

So as far as I am concerned the real criminals are these Attorney Generals denying our 2nd amendment rights.

DanielF17
11-02-2010, 03:19 PM
I just got back from the polls. I voted Redlich