PDA

View Full Version : Seeing some new faces...welcome to the Randwagon!

Libertea Party
11-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Unfortunately I saw this dynamic after the primary as well. When the word is out that Rand Paul is on the verge of winning a lot of "new" faces to Rand Paul Forums begin to appear. While they have a long history on Ron Paul Forums that is not the case with Rand Paul Forums. You'd think that would be great but what usually comes with them are "questions" if not demands of some sort or another.

If you haven't contributed to the campaign at all in 18 months by 1)Donating 2)Volunteering/Phonebanking or at least 3) Getting the word out, forgive some of us if we don't take your "concerns" very seriously the day of the election.

Put another way: If you've ignored Rand Paul for 18 months until election day then please don't mind if we ignore you at least until after election day.

http://www.bifsniff.com/images/cartoons/bandwagon.gif

Ethek
11-02-2010, 06:37 AM
A rising tides lifts all boats. Revolutions are ones of ideas. I'd welcome anyone that is receptive.

sailingaway
11-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah, but if they start the 'are you really sure you want to vote for someone who doesn't meet my personal standards of demonstrativeness on libertarian views' they are going to get appropriate responses. There was a thread like that which I'm pretty sure was the impetus of this one. It was shot down pretty thoroughly on its own, though.

Definitely, welcome, and to new lurkers, as well.

Indy Vidual
11-02-2010, 06:40 AM
A rising tides lifts all boats. Revolutions are ones of ideas. I'd welcome anyone that is receptive.

+1
Welcome all to the Randwagon, no matter who you are.

Indy Vidual
11-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Yeah, but if they start the 'are you really sure you want to vote for someone who doesn't meet my personal standards of demonstrativeness on libertarian views' they are going to get appropriate responses.

Just curious, do you say "demonstrativeness" in the real world? My what big words you have... :p

sailingaway
11-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Just curious, do you say "demonstrativeness" in the real world? My what big words you have... :p

Sometimes. Rand is worse. :p

Indy Vidual
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Sometimes. Rand is worse. :p

Rand uses big words in public?
I've seen a large (almost demonstrative ;)) amount of Ron's speeches, but not much of Rand, yet.

// All in good time.

sailingaway
11-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Rand uses big words in public?
I've seen a large amount of Ron's speeches, but not much of Rand, yet.

// All in good time.

Oh, yeah.

Libertea Party
06-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Noticed this type of behavior when Rand won and then Massie won. Here's (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?377968-Massie-s-view-on-the-drug-war) one example of it with Massie. I notice it now with the Romney endorsement from the same types. I second this sentiment in another thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379902-Video-Rand-Paul-on-CNN-s-Newsroom-with-Don-Lemon-06-08-12&p=4477543&viewfull=1#post4477543):

Gotta love all of these noobs throwing around insults like they know what they're talking about. It would surprise me if any of these Rand haters have ever done anything politically, or ever affected any change in their own backyards. Now I know why Rand is antagonistic sometimes with these keyboard warriors.

I'll only add the saying "Nobody cares in what direction you want the wagon to go if you won't get out of it and help push."