PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Versus Sarah Palin

AlexMerced
11-01-2010, 08:34 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul Versus Sarah Palin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4H6OaaT3dg)

MozoVote
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
There has started to be some press about the GOP establishment working together to "stop" Palin in 2012. But Palin did endorse Rand ... it will be interesting to find out what the Ron - to - Sarah dynamic will be next year.

AlexMerced
11-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I think they'll get along and probably work together, but their influence is slightly different, and there is struggle over who's influence is stronger

but I think they'll prove to be allies in the primary season

AlexMerced
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
the most likely scenario is Palin acutally wins the primary and takes Paul as her running mate, which would give enough appeal to the peace vote, the pot vote, and the libertarian/independant vote to possibly make her viable.

Although I think the more viable (not ideal) ticket would be Ron Paul/Nikkie Haley cause Ron Paul would bring kick some ass in the debates, but nikki haley has gender/race thing to shake things up when the dems try to make it about race.

Fozz
11-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't vote for Palin even if Ron Paul was her running mate. I think Paul knows better than to associate himself and his entire reputation with that idiot.

ronpaulraps
11-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't vote for Palin even if Ron Paul was her running mate. I think Paul knows better than to associate himself and his entire reputation with that idiot.

I totally agree with you. I'll be highly upset with Dr. Paul if he ever associated his self with a neo conservative such as Sarah Palin. But I doubt he woul do such a thing

Kregisen
11-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Ron would NEVER be Palin's VP. In 2008 he said he would never support any other candidate unless they changed their views on things like foreign policy, and many other issues.

Palin is a big-government warhawk and thus would never get Ron on her ticket.

Peace&Freedom
11-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Palin is not going to pick either Ron or Rand Paul as a VP---it would not compute with the warhawk set who will wrap around her if she ends up being the frontrunner. Rubio, maybe.

anaconda
11-02-2010, 02:26 AM
the most likely scenario is Palin acutally wins the primary and takes Paul as her running mate, which would give enough appeal to the peace vote, the pot vote, and the libertarian/independant vote to possibly make her viable.

Although I think the more viable (not ideal) ticket would be Ron Paul/Nikkie Haley cause Ron Paul would bring kick some ass in the debates, but nikki haley has gender/race thing to shake things up when the dems try to make it about race.

Does this not assumed that she is owned by the GOP establishment? I would love to believe this and would love some good evidence.

tangent4ronpaul
11-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Ron Paul: "I will run if the country needs me"
Sarah Palin: "I will run if the country needs me"

I would love to see each define what the hell "needs me" means to them and if elected, what they would do about it.

I'm serious! - the *EXACT SAME WORDS!* came from each!

-t

AParadigmShift
11-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Palin is not going to pick either Ron or Rand Paul as a VP---it would not compute with the warhawk set who will wrap around her if she ends up being the frontrunner. Rubio, maybe.

Right.

Palin is just another Republican - in the worst sense - among many. And what inclination she may have had toward a foreign policy of non-interventionism - if she ever had it to begin with, was surely all but erased after the mind-meld with her neoconservative handlers.

Remember, this is the same woman who cheerfully ran on a ticket with The McCainiac.

And I've yet to hear a mea culpa for doing so.