PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012 Super Bowl Add or Money Bomb

Mr. Austrian
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum.

Ron Paul has repeatedly said that if he deems there is enough support for another presidential candidacy he would consider running.

I think it's time we let him know the support is out there.

The other day I came across a website called thepoint.com. At this website individuals all over the world can pledge any amount of money for a cause and then when the requirements of the cause are met, the money is collected and transferred. I also read that Reuters is reporting that 2011 Superbowl adds cost around 3 million dollars. Thepoint takes 5% as a charge so we'd have to raise $3,150,000 in the next couple of months. If we don't make it to that amount then thepoint will cancel the pledges and no one will be charged. If this campaign went viral on the web then everyone would only need to pledge 10-15 dollars.

I just think it would be such a great statement if Ron Paul's supporters gathered on there own and let Dr. Paul, the media, and the rest of the country know that we're more than ready for his 2012 presidential run.

I could see the add going like this... it opens with "We are grassroots supporters of Ron Paul and we approve this message." Then it shows a couple of highlights from his 2008 run, and we let Dr. Paul know we're ready to finish what we started. And then the ad ends with a website link to go to.

What do you guys think? I know this is out there and maybe not the best idea but I think it would be wise if we organized early (even before Dr. Paul announces) and start getting the message out there early and often.

trey4sports
11-01-2010, 05:52 PM
we raised money for superbowl ads last year, however, it fell apart due to restrictions on super bowl advertising. If I remember correctly FOX will not broadcast political ads nationally during the superbowl but you can purchase superbowl ads on local networks during the superbowl.

Mr. Austrian
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
we raised money for superbowl ads last year, however, it fell apart due to restrictions on super bowl advertising. If I remember correctly FOX will not broadcast political ads nationally during the superbowl but you can purchase superbowl ads on local networks during the superbowl.

Thanks for the info. Is there anything in the works to kick off a Paul run?

The Internet, with websites like this one and thepoint, is such a great resource that if would be such a shame if we couldn't let him know the support is out there.

A superbowl money bomb would be pretty cool. The media would have to talk about it if Paul's supporters raised millions even before their candidate announced.

Kotin
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info. Is there anything in the works to kick off a Paul run?

The Internet, with websites like this one and thepoint, is such a great resource that if would be such a shame if we couldn't let him know the support is out there.

A superbowl money bomb would be pretty cool. The media would have to talk about it if Paul's supporters raised millions even before their candidate announced.

If i had to guess I would say he will be running.

Welcome to the Forums!!!!

Epic
11-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Raise a smaller amount, run it in Iowa.

Eric21ND
11-01-2010, 09:46 PM
The campaign will be won or lost in the early primary states. Pointless to pay millions for a national ad in a primary.

psi2941
11-01-2010, 10:19 PM
yea its all about IO and NH

randolphfuller
11-01-2010, 11:33 PM
If both are won, he will be nominated. If Iowa is won, then NH lost, S.Carolina and Nevada must be won. If Iowa is lost, all is lost.

Pauls' Revere
11-01-2010, 11:59 PM
The campaign will be won or lost in the early primary states. Pointless to pay millions for a national ad in a primary.

I agree. The money would be better spent during the campaign or elsewhere.

Eric21ND
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Iowa

New Hampshire

South Carolina

Nevada

If you're not physically or financially in those states, you're not helping the campaign, period.

Elwar
11-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Is there anything in the works to kick off a Paul run?

http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com

http://runronpaul.com/

With the 2010 election coming to an end, people will be dusting off their hats and looking forward to 2012. It will be HUGE.

First goal: Ames Straw Poll. Everything must focus on this from here until next August.

K466
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
The point.com- that could be a very useful site for arranging funding for the campaign and project promoting Ron Paul :D

Elwar
11-02-2010, 11:55 AM
The point.com- that could be a very useful site for arranging funding for the campaign and project promoting Ron Paul :D

We ended up creating our own pledge sites for those things in 2008.

ItsTime
11-02-2010, 11:57 AM
If this gets off the ground, I volunteer to do the ad buys in New Hampshire.

Tinnuhana
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Slilghtly OT, but for the price of a couple of end zone Super Bowl tickets, you can get national exposure. I thought about that afor HR 1207. Right down there next to John 3:16. Cheaper than a blimp.

Kregisen
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Like others have said, $3 million will do wonders in Iowa and New Hampshire. Every single moneybomb we have until the primaries HAS to be used in those states.

leonster
11-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Wait, local ads are ok during the Super Bowl, right? What about targeting Iowa's local FOX stations for this, then? Several orders of magnitude less expensive than a national ad, and targets the right place...

Bergie Bergeron
11-05-2010, 09:24 AM
When are we starting this? I'm willing to chip in 40$ right now.

MelissaCato
11-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum.

Ron Paul has repeatedly said that if he deems there is enough support for another presidential candidacy he would consider running.

I think it's time we let him know the support is out there.

The other day I came across a website called thepoint.com. At this website individuals all over the world can pledge any amount of money for a cause and then when the requirements of the cause are met, the money is collected and transferred. I also read that Reuters is reporting that 2011 Superbowl adds cost around 3 million dollars. Thepoint takes 5% as a charge so we'd have to raise $3,150,000 in the next couple of months. If we don't make it to that amount then thepoint will cancel the pledges and no one will be charged. If this campaign went viral on the web then everyone would only need to pledge 10-15 dollars.

I just think it would be such a great statement if Ron Paul's supporters gathered on there own and let Dr. Paul, the media, and the rest of the country know that we're more than ready for his 2012 presidential run.

I could see the add going like this... it opens with "We are grassroots supporters of Ron Paul and we approve this message." Then it shows a couple of highlights from his 2008 run, and we let Dr. Paul know we're ready to finish what we started. And then the ad ends with a website link to go to.

What do you guys think? I know this is out there and maybe not the best idea but I think it would be wise if we organized early (even before Dr. Paul announces) and start getting the message out there early and often.

Super Bowl commercial ? I'm game.

MadOdorMachine
11-18-2010, 06:47 AM

If we truly believe in a strong local government and a smaller central government as well as individual responsibility, then it is up to us to make this happen. We need to get the local CFL people on board. I live on the eastern border of Nebraska and could help get the word out to western Iowans. It sounds like our focus should be on Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina.

I would like to start a money bomb as well and include a rally in Washington D.C. Perhaps it could be advertised in the Super Bowl as well.

Here is a link to the thread I started about having some type of rally in D.C. -
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2989959#post2989959

Slilghtly OT, but for the price of a couple of end zone Super Bowl tickets, you can get national exposure. I thought about that afor HR 1207. Right down there next to John 3:16. Cheaper than a blimp.
This is a great idea. If someone got together enough people and bought seats in the end zone, they could all hold up signs. We could use the money bomb to buy their tickets as well. We need to get together and figure out what the sign needs to say though. Maybe on one side it could say "Ron Paul for President 2012" and then they could flip the posters over and it would say "Rally in D.C. on X date."

Edit - How about if the sign said, "RON PAUL" on one side and on the other it said, "END THE FED"

pacelli
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
I think giving money to any website for the purpose of politicing for Ron Paul (other than the official ron paul presidential campaign website) is a bad idea. So I'm not going to do it. Learned my lesson in 07-08 and won't do that again.

Patiently waiting for Ron Paul to declare, and express that he has the motivation to win.

MelissaCato
11-18-2010, 01:45 PM
The Super Bowl ad really doesn't even need words to get the point across.
Like the Budweiser commercial during the 2002 Super Bowl. Only ever aired once.

YouTube - Budweiser Tribute - Respect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlaE5a-SI4)

.... or maybe something with a few words like for the US World Cup and is still aired today .. lol

YouTube - Dodge Challenger Freedom Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St2FCxtlV7w)

It could happen.

GO Philadelphia Eagles !!!!

Joseph
11-18-2010, 08:10 PM
I actually think this is pretty genius! I highly recommend we give this a try. I would certainly donate 50-100 dollars to a grass-roots super bowl ad. I suggest we get started on this right away!