PDA

View Full Version : Texas Republican gov. looks to follow in Palin's steps, may run in 2012.

Agorism
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Link to article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/01/rick-perry-sarah-palin_n_776746.html)

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/214421/thumbs/s-RICK-PERRY-large.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) and Sarah Palin may look nothing alike, but they increasingly have more and more in common with one another, with Perry following in the footsteps of the former Alaska governor in what could culminate in a campaign showdown in 2012.

Palin became famous for quitting her job as governor of Alaska in order to hit the speaking circuit and become a national conservative voice. She has a best-selling book, a pundit gig with Fox News and even a reality television show on TLC.

Perry has a good chance at beating Democrat Bill White for another four year term. According to an analysis by The Huffington Post's Pollster, the race leans Republican, with Perry leading in every poll. If he wins, he will become Texas's longest-serving governor.

But if he does succeed on Tuesday, his attention will immediately be turned away from Texas and onto national conservative causes. He has a book called Fed Up! coming out soon, which casts federal policies as a "legitimate threat to America's continued leadership in the free world."

According to the Associated Press, soon after the election, he will be launching a national book tour -- even though he insists it's about states' rights, not boosting his own profile.

While he stresses that he's not interested in running for president in 2012, he is also refusing to commit to serving a full term if he is re-elected as governor -- a scenario that immediately brings to mind Palin resigning before completing her term.

QueenB4Liberty
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Ugh, I hope he doesn't run for President.

But I think I'd rather have Perry than Bill White. Do the voters know if he wins he won't even stay all his term? I didn't know until just now.

Fr3shjive
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
If he runs we know Beck will support him instead of Paul. FUUUUUUUUUU.

We need to get some of those Fox news hosts on our team. Thats the key to winning the presidency.

james1906
11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Perry, despite being highly likely to serve at least 14 years as governor, really isn't all that popular. He just knows how to campaign, and that's like a vindictive teenage girl.

nobody's_hero
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Texas Republican gov. looks to follow in Palin's steps, may run in 2012.

He wants to get used by John McCain?

Agorism
11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
GOP could vomit out a Perry-Rubio ticket.

That sounds like something I could see Fox News liking.

Elwar
11-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Following in Palin's footsteps? Did Palin go to the Bilderberg meeting too?

IPSecure
11-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Texas Republican gov. looks to follow in Palin's steps...

Is he going to quit too?

Number19
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
The possibility was raised during the primary campaign against Debra Medina and his response was that he had no intention of running for president in 2012.

If reports are accurate about establishment opposition to Palin, his name will be mentioned in the back room discussions.

lynnf
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
theoretically, he should be easy to sink -

1. he pushed the NAFTA superhighway -- the "Trans Texas Corridor"
2. he tried to force teenage girls to take Gardasil injections
3. he endorsed Rudy Giuliani (and we now see probably why that was)
4. it is well documented that he went to the Bilderberg meeting, admitted in
a newspaper.

of course, McCain should have been easy to sink, also, and was sunk at one point.
we all know how that turned out.

lynn

Humanae Libertas
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
We don't need a fourth Bush in office.

HOLLYWOOD
11-01-2010, 08:00 PM
All the Statist at the Huffington Post is now picking the GOP candidates?

Right up there with Ariana Huffington's statement on Morning Joe last Friday that, "Tea Party is voting with the left part of their brain, the fear/panic section of there brains."

Stary Hickory
11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Well if he is serious about states rights, it would be good in that sense. I kind of am looking for that in a president, one that really honestly supports states rights and means it. I am not saying this guy is a good guy, but if I could get nothing else, the ability to undermine and reduce government via states rights would be quite nice.

I think that would be the best thing ever if somebody became president and encouraged states to nullify unconstitutional legislation. Probably would never happen with anyone realistically speaking though, beyond Ron Paul....maybe Rand.

CoreyBowen999
11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Please no

MikeStanart
11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Take it from a Texan.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Anyone but him.

I got a picture with him when I was 12. He was incredibly rude and cocky. He was slime / scum then; and still is now.